Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

InfiniteElement

Jan 4, 2019
I didn't catch the end, is that real? Throw this season in the dumpster... Kind of sucks we played our way out of the basement to only keep getting decimated by injuries. Adios, top pick.

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?
The Columbus Blue Jackets have added forward Calvin Thurkauf to the roster on emergency recall from the American Hockey League's Cleveland Monsters and have assigned defenseman Gabriel Carlsson to its AHL affiliate, Blue Jackets General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced today.
NHL.com.

That mean Bjork is gone for mostlikely the season.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
A1F5D893-ADAD-43C1-BEB0-8ACFB7D7202E.gif

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The season was done with Jones to IR. It's only further cemented of Bjorkstrand is out any amount of time. The only consistent offensive threat the last...month?

Glad to see Thurkauf. Don't know why he wasn't called up before Lilja and Sherwood. Hopefully he can make the most of his chance(s).

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Are we going to set a record for Games Lost?

Hard to find a finite list of this, but the Kings lost 629 man-games in 2003-2004. That might be the existing record?

"Statistically, for the 2002–03 season, the Kings lost a franchise-record 536 man-games (number of games missed by individual players) due to injury; in comparison, for the 2003–04 season, they broke a previous NHL record with 629 man-games lost to injury.
History of the Los Angeles Kings - Wikipedia"

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Obviously impossible to say what the numbers will be at season’s end but I don’t think we’re even tops in the league this season.

I believe they are right now (just edging out the Pens), but like you said, who knows how it will shake out over the next few months.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think the smart move is to shut down guys who aren't 100% recovered (no sense in rushing anyone). Also, don't overburden Merzlikins. Give him enough starts to be happy and develop his game, but use Kivlenieks every 3rd or 4th game until Korpisalo is back. Then split starts 50/50.

Trade Riley Nash at the TDL if possible. If Milano is going to continue being a healthy scratch in spite of the injuries, then it won't work here and move him too. Otherwise, just remain quiet and roll with what they have.

At the draft, draft BPA if there is a clear cut top player. If not, look to add picks by moving back a few spots.

On July 1st, offer Taylor Hall $10.5 million over 7 years unless the team is acutely concerned about his injury history or drop in production. Chances are he will receive multiple similar offers but it makes sense to give it a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad