Injury Report: 2019-20 Injury Thread

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Tomorrow would be a good game to miss if he needs a game off. Good news it doesn't seem to serious.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Yes, like others I too didn't realize that he played after that hit. I wonder why we all thought that was what ended his night?
It is hard to know when you're watching on TV there's only the camera view and our announcers aren't very aware. I honestly don't think they realized that Berg didn't play the last 9 minutes.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
It is hard to know when you're watching on TV there's only the camera view and our announcers aren't very aware. I honestly don't think they realized that Berg didn't play the last 9 minutes.

True, in the final few mins I saw Forsberg's ice time in the box score and hoped that they'd mention it. But we have such a bargain bin broadcast. At least all of the games are on TV though, remember those early years where only 50 games were televised?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
True, in the final few mins I saw Forsberg's ice time in the box score and hoped that they'd mention it. But we have such a bargain bin broadcast. At least all of the games are on TV though, remember those early years where only 50 games were televised?
Unfortunately, I do remember that. Willie has gotten better and Mase is much better than Stu so I don't really complain about them anymore but those type of thing are frustrating. I mean, how do you not notice that Grimaldi was out there for several shifts with Dutch?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

so he was a game time decision against Arizona, missed that game, missed the Florida game and now likely misses this game as well. Weird.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

so he was a game time decision against Arizona, missed that game, missed the Florida game and now likely misses this game as well. Weird.

As I posted in the other thread, completely frustrating from a fan perspective. Day to day and game time decision almost always winds up worse than expected

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
As I posted in the other thread, completely frustrating from a fan perspective. Day to day and game time decision almost always winds up worse than expected
The Preds really must put a premium on the notion that keeping the opponent in the dark means a lot. Guess what; it don’t! They have to know this is frustrating to their loyal fans.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
If you don’t think opponents will target an injury , you’re wrong.
Wasn't it the Gaudreau injury a few years ago that was caused by about 5 slashes to the wrist everyone knew was injured? Maybe it was the Wild?

EDIT: It was the Wild and it was 21(!!!!) slashes. Injury information that specific will absolutely be used against you. It's like cut blocking a defensive lineman in football that has had knee/ankle issues.

Here’s how the Wild broke Johnny Gaudreau with at least 21 slashes in 1 game

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I think that most injuries are pretty easy to figure out just by watching when it happens, but for the the less obvious cases there's really no good reason to divulge that information to the public no matter how frustrating it is to us fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad