Injury Report: 2019-20 Injuries: Steven Stamkos done for rest of playoffs

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I mean if they try it out and it clicks then great! Lets just hope they don't stubbornly stick to it if it doesn't work

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I bet Point doesn't miss any games. You don't do full practice on a regular line and PP unless you're 100% ready to play.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I bet Point doesn't miss any games. You don't do full practice on a regular line and PP unless you're 100% ready to play.
Or he's not healthy but he's a "warrior".

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Woah, is this true?

Point was not expected to be ready for the season opener, but he was a full participant in Monday’s practice and centred the top-line with Steven Stamkos and Nikita Kucherov.

They really are loading up the line? I love it if this is true. As a Point fantasy owner, this line could rival Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak if they give them the full year.
IMO that instantly becomes the top offensive line in the league (boston's line is better defensively)

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Brayden Point (hip) fully participated in Tuesday's practice. Point skated on the top line with Steven Stamkos and Nikita Kucherov. He also worked on the top power-play unit. Those a very encouraging signs that he could be available to play as early as Thursday night. The Lightning also returned Gemel Smith to the minors.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
So does anyone believe me yet? Hedman looked awful all night.

It it a concussion agian? The guy looks out of it

I think the whole team is out of it. Honestly after losing that series after having the kind of season they had, Id be wondering if my efforts during the regular season really mattered much more than just being able to get into the playoffs. I mean this team has accomplished everything except winning the cup. They have won/tied individual/team records. Have won the east in the playoffs and regular season. Have won the presidents cup. Have won Norris, Hart, etc. Think about all this team has done. Then you get swept in the first round and see all you worked for go to the toilet because you couldnt even win a game in the playoffs. It makes it all seem rather unimportant in the big picture. At least when you have done everything else. I wouldnt be surprised if we see this team struggle in and out of the year in disinterested fashion but to win when they need to and get into the playoffs. My only gripe with that is the team needs to be ready for the playoffs and they cant get into poor habits. For me, Id like to see them work out what they have wrong with them. Even if it means losing is more common than last year. Just get into the playoffs and then know how to play when you get there. Thats all that matters to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->