Injury Report: 2019-20 Injury Report

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I really don’t think we should be complaining about injuries this season given how we fare compared to other teams. Prior years sure but this season we are relatively healthy by nhl standards.

NHL Injury Viz: 2019/20 team injury breakdowns (through 10 January)

Manson is our only significant piece we’ve lost for more than 10 games and he was having a terrible year and continues to be terrible post injury. All our other key injuries have only been for a few games here or there.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Getz Is good, but wears down as the season goes on.. The other vets just dont have enough talent to offset the bad defense, The young guys rookies and sophomores are still in the learning stage, Coaching has mismanaged some of the younger guys, Goaltending hasnt been godlike to steal us games.. Special teams has not been great, when you factor all of that in.. Manson looks like hes just there to collect a check now.. Way to many mistakes from him, he was penciled to shutdown players along with lindholm. That hasnt worked.. When you factor in all of that, You get a close to last place team..

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I really don’t think we should be complaining about injuries this season given how we fare compared to other teams. Prior years sure but this season we are relatively healthy by nhl standards.

NHL Injury Viz: 2019/20 team injury breakdowns (through 10 January)

Manson is our only significant piece we’ve lost for more than 10 games and he was having a terrible year and continues to be terrible post injury. All our other key injuries have only been for a few games here or there.

After some of the previous seasons, when the team got wrecked by injuries, it feels pretty weak to complain about injuries this season. We should know better.

Reactions: Paul4587

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I wish we had a more robust media coverage of the ducks. I'd be interested to see behind the sees regarding new staff, training facilities, etc. We invested in a first class training facility in Irvine, and we recruited Dr. Jeremy Bettle this year, but we haven't heard any developments in that area.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
So Gudbranson and Kase both hurt in today's game. Why why hockey gods are you making Ducks suffer so many injuries over the last few years?

Lupul1990

Aug 30, 2006
Ben Kuzma: Kesler would cherish being honoured for his Canucks impact

Interview with Kesler.

Q: Hip-resurfacing surgery in May put you on the shelf this season and put your career in doubt. Are you done?

A: I had Grade 4 arthritis and I’ve had it the last three years. The MRI didn’t show it, but I had 12 bone chips in there and I played on it (last season) and I just created damage and played through the pain because I had (hip) surgery (2017) and made it worse. I couldn’t walk or do anything. I had the (2019) procedure and It was the best decision, but I knew it would put my career in jeopardy and I knew I had probably played my last game because I asked Jovo (Ed Jovanovski) and people who have had it.
I had it done to get my quality of life back. I can play with my kids and I’m walking without having to sit down every two minutes. I can’t do what I absolutely loved (hockey) my entire life, but I’m good for at least the next 20 years and I’ll probably need something done.

Q: You never say never, so what would have to occur for you to play out the final two years of your Ducks deal?

A: I haven’t even skated. I put on the equipment once with my son and I didn’t even take a hard stride out there and I kind of got discouraged. I’ve been training but saying that, I’m only squatting 115 pounds, just trying to build strength up. When I come up for Hank and Danny’s jersey retirements, I’m going to see my trainers again and advance my program. Would I love to come back and play? Absolutely. But I just honestly don’t know if I can. That’s hard for me to say.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It sounds like he is in the process of making peace with the end of his career. He previously moved his family back to Michigan from NB and has spoken often about the enjoyment he has had this year living a normal life with his family.

FWIW, he also admitted in the last podcast he had no idea of where he stood relative to the ED and whether he would be asked to waive or not. (If he can't come back next year he should be exempt per the rules of the last ED) He and Bieksa kidded that they would get Bob to guest on the podcast and explain it to Kesler.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He was a really late scratch wasn't he? Must have done something in warmups. Hopefully it's not serious.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
He was a really late scratch wasn't he? Must have done something in warmups. Hopefully it's not serious.
Believe Eakins said it was a nagging injury he’d been dealing with, and it finally got to a point where he couldn’t play. He didn’t take the warmup on Wednesday.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Believe Eakins said it was a nagging injury he’d been dealing with, and it finally got to a point where he couldn’t play. He didn’t take the warmup on Wednesday.

Ah ok. That’s impressive he was playing through something - his skating has looked as elite as ever.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Wow. Really interesting considering Fowler has probably had his best year.

Definitely hope he just shuts down for the season and heals up for next.

We're definitely missing him out there

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow. Really interesting considering Fowler has probably had his best year.

Definitely hope he just shuts down for the season and heals up for next.

We're definitely missing him out there

Fowler has been one of the few bright spots with the D. Has been fun watching him out there. I think the Top 4 is pretty solid when healthy and playing well.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
just shut em down for the season. why bother bringing em back. clearly we're on team tank now so lets let all these new guys get playing time and we can head over to a top 5 pick!

Shutting quality down players if they don’t need to be shut down is just another way to assist in the downward spiral of a losing culture.

Not to mention the paying fans deserve to see the best product on the ice. If those guys are healed in two weeks they should come back and play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad