Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
upload_2019-9-29_16-53-35.png

boyle was not overrated here lol

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I’ve read he favored his arm afterwards and speculation is he suffered a broken wrist. Can’t find an official statement on it so take it with a grain of salt.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Wtf was he doing? Just nonchalantly skating towards the puck without even looking to see if any defenders were around.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Wtf was he doing? Just nonchalantly skating towards the puck without even looking to see if any defenders were around.
True. Then again, it’s just a preseason game. But yeah the Panthers were fired up after Connolly’s injury. Pac should’ve known better. Stillman did get a penalty for interference though. You can’t blame him for not expecting to get absolutely steamrolled without possession of the puck.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
True. Then again, it’s just a preseason game. But yeah the Panthers were fired up after Connolly’s injury. Pac should’ve known better. Stillman did get a penalty for interference though. You can’t blame him for not expecting to get absolutely steamrolled without possession of the puck.

The puck was within a foot of him, sure he didn't possess it yet, he should've been ready. He looked like he wasn't even ready to play the puck as he's just skating with his hands at his sides not even trying to play the puck. Almost looks like when you're controller unplugs playing a game and your guy just keeps moving in the direction they were going. Just not a good decision by him and I hope he's ok but wouldn't be the worst thing if he misses a month so Smith, Verheaghe and Volkov get more of a look.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Woah, is this true?

Point was not expected to be ready for the season opener, but he was a full participant in Monday’s practice and centred the top-line with Steven Stamkos and Nikita Kucherov.

They really are loading up the line? I love it if this is true. As a Point fantasy owner, this line could rival Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak if they give them the full year.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Woah, is this true?

Point was not expected to be ready for the season opener, but he was a full participant in Monday’s practice and centred the top-line with Steven Stamkos and Nikita Kucherov.

They really are loading up the line? I love it if this is true. As a Point fantasy owner, this line could rival Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak if they give them the full year.
Yeah they tried this combo out a few times last season, but it was nothing permanent

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't want to stack the first line.

Im not huge on it either. However, if our other lines can carry themselves its not the worst thing in the world to do. I also think that line has an ability to score goals whenever they are out there. It wouldnt be bad idea to have them get some time together in case we have to go to that in emergency situations. Seemed they did that from time to time last year.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't want to stack the first line.

Why? Cirelli and Verheaghe are good enough to carry their lines. Verheaghe could put up 40 which is what Cirelli did last year. Cirelli could hit 60, which isn't close to Stamkos or Point but is in line with a 2C. I think Gourde will rebound away from Stamkos and Joseph should see a decent bump in production.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Why? Cirelli and Verheaghe are good enough to carry their lines. Verheaghe could put up 40 which is what Cirelli did last year. Cirelli could hit 60, which isn't close to Stamkos or Point but is in line with a 2C. I think Gourde will rebound away from Stamkos and Joseph should see a decent bump in production.
We don't neeed Verhaeghe to carry a line. Stamkos showed he could carry one last season, I don't want him reverting back to a passenger quite so quickly. It's more important to have Stamkos playing at the level we had him last year. We all know what will happen if he's glued to Kucherov. It'd be worse if Point is there. Stamkos needs touches, Point is a puck magnet. Keep them separated.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We don't neeed Verhaeghe to carry a line. Stamkos showed he could carry one last season, I don't want him reverting back to a passenger quite so quickly. It's more important to have Stamkos playing at the level we had him last year. We all know what will happen if he's glued to Kucherov. It'd be worse if Point is there. Stamkos needs touches, Point is a puck magnet. Keep them separated.

Stamkos can't really carry a line though. He gets his but doesn't make his linemates better. Gourde and Palat regressed big time playing next to him. Point and Kucherov exploded when away from him. He's going to be around 40g 90p next year regardless of who's next to him. I rather guys like Cirelli and Verheaghe show what they can do, Gourde and Palat show they're better than they were last year.

I actually think Verheaghe might be a good C for Stamkos if they move him to wing. Verheaghe likes to have the puck and make things happen. It will allow Stamkos to just find the open areas and hit one timers just like Ovechkin.

Reactions: Zwui21

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Stamkos can't really carry a line though. He gets his but doesn't make his linemates better. Gourde and Palat regressed big time playing next to him. Point and Kucherov exploded when away from him. He's going to be around 40g 90p next year regardless of who's next to him. I rather guys like Cirelli and Verheaghe show what they can do, Gourde and Palat show they're better than they were last year.

I actually think Verheaghe might be a good C for Stamkos if they move him to wing. Verheaghe likes to have the puck and make things happen. It will allow Stamkos to just find the open areas and hit one timers just like Ovechkin.
I think Stamkos showed us last year that he can be more then just the triggerman. Anyway, you might be right. I just don't want to see him revert back to 2016-18 Stamkos.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think Stamkos showed us last year that he can be more then just the triggerman. Anyway, you might be right. I just don't want to see him revert back to 2016-18 Stamkos.

I really don't think he did though. If you look at his assists from last year the number looks high and is his best ever but I'm not impressed. Palat was one of his prime linemates, he scored only 8 goal Stamkos only assisted on 3 of those 8 goals, not saying Stamkos should've made Palat score 20 but he didn't even assist on half his goals as his primary C. Gourde was his other primary linemate and he only assisted on 6 of his 22 goals. Stamkos put up a lot of his assists with Point and Kucherov still. So why put him with other players that he doesn't make better when he works well with two others? Sure the top line will be stacked but maybe there's a C that will get more out of Gourde and Palat and we'll be a better team because of that not because Stamkos and Point are centering different lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad