Injury Report: 2019-20 Injuries: Steven Stamkos done for rest of playoffs

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I hope that doesn't mean, "He's a warrior. He'll play as soon as he can keep his balance."

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I hope that doesn't mean, "He's a warrior. He'll play as soon as he can keep his balance."
I would think not the Lighting can't be that stupid. He should be given extra couple weeks off just to make sure everything fine as even without him they are a great team. He's needed for the playoffs and bringing him back early to have a setback would be idiotic.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I would think not the Lighting can't be that stupid. He should be given extra couple weeks off just to make sure everything fine as even without him they are a great team. He's needed for the playoffs and bringing him back early to have a setback would be idiotic.
Hopefully not they brought Callahan back to early from hip surgery and he had to have it done again

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hopefully not they brought Callahan back to early from hip surgery and he had to have it done again

We have a long list of guys who came back before they probably should have been playing, or should have been forced to sit out. Johnson comes to mind on more than one occasion. Callahan, obviously. I don't really hold Hedman, last year, against Coop because we were desperate.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Paquette is out for a while (hope not) do you think we look at bringing in Boyle?

I hope not. Just keep Smith up as the 4C till Paquette comes back. Verheaghe should get a look in the top 9 while Point is out. Then when Point is back, if Paquette isn't yet, Verheaghe could play 4C if he hasn't taken a 3rd line spot just yet. You then could rotate Smith, Maroon and Witkowski on the wings. This is all assuming Volkov is hurt too. If he's not and not sent down he should be starting on the wing over Witkowski or Smith.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Paquette hurt again? I mean... water is wet right? I love the guy but he's first on my list of guys to get moved when you consider how many centers we have in the system who will be ready for 4th line next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded at the TDL

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I Would love to bring in Boyle and Smith-pelly on a tryout contract. They could be some grit and depth signing. In the mean time , this is a an opportunity for Volkov and Raddyish to prove their skills nor the open spots.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I Would love to bring in Boyle and Smith-pelly on a tryout contract. They could be some grit and depth signing. In the mean time , this is a an opportunity for Volkov and Raddyish to prove their skills nor the open spots.

No need. We have Smith.

We also have to find a home for Witter long term

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I hope not. Just keep Smith up as the 4C till Paquette comes back. Verheaghe should get a look in the top 9 while Point is out. Then when Point is back, if Paquette isn't yet, Verheaghe could play 4C if he hasn't taken a 3rd line spot just yet. You then could rotate Smith, Maroon and Witkowski on the wings. This is all assuming Volkov is hurt too. If he's not and not sent down he should be starting on the wing over Witkowski or Smith.
I just miss Boyle :oops:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Um no. Maroon and Witkowski are better grit and depth signings than them. Smith-pelly has that playoff hero from two years ago well Maroon was that guy last year and is overall a better player. Boyle is probably better than Witkowski, can play C and offensive instincts, but Witkowski for a 4th liner/AHL vet is a better fit, Boyle won't and shouldn't be playing in the A. Raddysh isn't getting a look till late in the season or injuries pile up while Volkov should get a look regardless if healthy.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I just miss Boyle :oops:
Dude was really overrated his time here. Wasn't he voted like one of the top 10 best lightning players ever and played like less than 3 seasons? He's like Andreychuk without the Cup to me. Carried by better players and didn't really do anything to stick out except be apart of some great teams. I hate both of them with a passion but I'll never hate a player more than that bum Andreychuk till they take that shitty statue down, f***ing disgrace to put that shit up with him carrying the Cup.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Andreychuk was way better than Boyle. Both are overrated as most guys that endear themselves to the fans are, but hating them is absurd.

Everytime you go to the rink you have to walk past that statue. It's a slap in the face to guys who did a hell of a lot more for the organization or to win that cup. It's a damn disgrace to me.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
With Wit and Maroon as his wings/bodyguards, Smith is going to be fun to watch but a SOB to play against.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Everytime you go to the rink you have to walk past that statue. It's a slap in the face to guys who did a hell of a lot more for the organization or to win that cup. It's a damn disgrace to me.
Cmon man. Andy isn't some self-aggrandizing asshole. Nobody on that Cup winning team thinks it's a slap to the face or a disgrace.

"Something magical": Dave Andreychuk inducted into Hockey Hall of Fame

In his speech Andreychuk said he was “humbled and honored” to be inducted, and that he had a lot of help around him. In Tampa, that help came in players like Richards, St. Louis, Vincent Lecavalier, Dan Boyle and Nikolai Khabibulin.
They were “good players who just needed to be pushed in the right direction.” And push he did. Brad Richards, who was 21 years old and roomed with him at Tortorella’s direction, said that the advice that Andreychuk dispensed was “Endless. When things got a little shaky we knew we could ask Dave what was going on.”
Andreychuk might think of himself as just a “little boy from Hamilton” who was “slow as molasses, but somehow got it done” (in Tortorella’s words)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->