Injury Report: 2019-20 Injuries: Steven Stamkos done for rest of playoffs

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Coop on McD and Rutta skating today:

"That's part of the progression. They're out for a while, next step is to get them on the ice, and then the next step will be practice, and then conditioning, and then (games). So, it's still early, but it's good to have them on the ice."
"They've been through this before. Especially, Mac's been in this league for awhile and gone through some injuries. Especially the way practices are. Practices in training camp are a lot different than the practices in March. So the conditioning level should be there. It's how much the banging goes on and the battle drills and stuff like that and in the end you gotta start putting them in some of those drills. But we're still a little ways from that yet. The schedule mandates too when you practice and how hard you practice and we're kinda going through a stretch here... so this is probably our biggest, our last stretch of condensed games and then we get a little break here. We'll have to find a way to get them in."

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
You go tell these guys to go miss time and in turn lose money on his next contract. You might not like that answer, but thats the lay of the land.

THIS IS THE WAY FULL.gif

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You go tell these guys to go miss time and in turn lose money on his next contract. You might not like that answer, but thats the lay of the land.

I mean you're right about that. But this is Steven Stamkos. He has like 5 years left on his deal. And he is ghe guy who if he can possibly get hurt -does. Given how many times it's happened Stamkos should know by now he needs to get the second opinion of doctors and a worst case scenario prognosis. Maybe he did. Maybe he knew surgery would shelf him 2 months and thus decided to wait til the off-season. But if you KNOW that then you ought to plan for the contingency of your injury getting worse. It's poor planning by Stamkos and everyone involved. Now our first round series is more likely to go even longer than it would have had Stamkos been ready and the whole team is thusly exposed to more injury risk.

He should've sucked it up and gotten the surgery. This is like his 7th push for a Cup. If he doesn't know what it takes by now then we're gonna have to fluke our way to a title under his leadership

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
I mean you're right about that. But this is Steven Stamkos. He has like 5 years left on his deal. And he is ghe guy who if he can possibly get hurt -does. Given how many times it's happened Stamkos should know by now he needs to get the second opinion of doctors and a worst case scenario prognosis. Maybe he did. Maybe he knew surgery would shelf him 2 months and thus decided to wait til the off-season. But if you KNOW that then you ought to plan for the contingency of your injury getting worse. It's poor planning by Stamkos and everyone involved. Now our first round series is more likely to go even longer than it would have had Stamkos been ready and the whole team is thusly exposed to more injury risk.

He should've sucked it up and gotten the surgery. This is like his 7th push for a Cup. If he doesn't know what it takes by now then we're gonna have to fluke our way to a title under his leadership

Repeating that he should’ve gotten surgery does not make it true.

What if two experts gave him a 90-95% chance of this not getting worse to the point of needing surgery before June ?

Or what if the level of growth of the hernia was at 2/10.
And the doctors told him there was less than 10% chance it get worst than a 5/10 before June.

And something happen and the hernia got to a 8/10 in dramatic fashion.

Maybe him and the team took the best decision with the information they had.

Maybe you just never have surgery on a 2/10 hernia.

Claiming Stamkos was wrong not to have surgery 2-3 weeks ago, without even knowing anything about the details of the injury or if surgery was possible/recommended, and then questioning his leadership in relation to that situation...
That’s bold man.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

we pay a TON of money to very smart people

im in same boat couple years ago was told had a pulled leg muscle 70% chance it heals within a year without surgery

yep didnt heal and because of other medical issues condition is no surgery scheduled.... we dont know whom he saw but you can bet he saw some people

they thought maybe heals by self probably then it aggravated again or worse and now we shut down...even with todays science its not always a black and white scenario theres always some grey

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Repeating that he should’ve gotten surgery does not make it true.

What if two experts gave him a 90-95% chance of this not getting worse to the point of needing surgery before June ?

Or what if the level of growth of the hernia was at 2/10.
And the doctors told him there was less than 10% chance it get worst than a 5/10 before June.

And something happen and the hernia got to a 8/10 in dramatic fashion.

Maybe him and the team took the best decision with the information they had.

Maybe you just never have surgery on a 2/10 hernia.

Claiming Stamkos was wrong not to have surgery 2-3 weeks ago, without even knowing anything about the details of the injury or if surgery was possible/recommended, and then questioning his leadership in relation to that situation...
That’s bold man.

I'm pissed because Stamkos hasn't learned by now after 3 separate fluke injuries costing him 100+ games plus playoffs that if there's a possibility a condition can get worse you might want to take care of it. Odds and averages of his condition doesn't excuse the fact that it DID get worse no matter how little the odds were. This is like his 8th hurrah for the Cup and is gonna have to go into it having not played in 2 months. I get why he didn't do the surgery. It doesn't need to be explained to me. But now the worst case scenario backfired on us and now he's missing the most important games we will be playing so he could tough out less important games. Once again the worst case scenario reared it's head with Stamkos and this is like the 4th time and it had to happen. This time on top of losing 2 starting defenders for God knows how long.

It's irritating as hell because it's as if controlling forces got together and said "tee hee how can we make it worse? How about Stamkos missing the 1st round of the playoffs because of a hernia?" They all laugh. Except the controlling forces aren't real and it comes down to player coach and team.

Yet another season. Yet another handicap of badly injured stars going into the playoffs. While that's not unusual for teams, it happens to us every year without fail. Last year Hedman was so concussed he was in another universe and it happend in one of the last games of the regular season. It's exhausting as a fan to know it's happening again but this time it's possible it could have been prevented.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm pissed because Stamkos hasn't learned by now after 3 separate fluke injuries costing him 100+ games plus playoffs that if there's a possibility a condition can get worse you might want to take care of it. Odds and averages of his condition doesn't excuse the fact that it DID get worse no matter how little the odds were. This is like his 8th hurrah for the Cup and is gonna have to go into it having not played in 2 months. I get why he didn't do the surgery. It doesn't need to be explained to me. But now the worst case scenario backfired on us and now he's missing the most important games we will be playing so he could tough out less important games. Once again the worst case scenario reared it's head with Stamkos and this is like the 4th time and it had to happen. This time on top of losing 2 starting defenders for God knows how long.

It's irritating as hell because it's as if controlling forces got together and said "tee hee how can we make it worse? How about Stamkos missing the 1st round of the playoffs because of a hernia?" They all laugh. Except the controlling forces aren't real and it comes down to player coach and team.

Yet another season. Yet another handicap of badly injured stars going into the playoffs. While that's not unusual for teams, it happens to us every year without fail. Last year Hedman was so concussed he was in another universe and it happend in one of the last games of the regular season. It's exhausting as a fan to know it's happening again but this time it's possible it could have been prevented.

Somehow not seeing the correlation.....

Also, it's not worse case scenario, worst case scenario is he's out past June.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

i think your mad and maybe not seeing full picture

a man is always gonna try to play through it like point did for two years

guaranteed he received information and evaluation and cooper and everyone else took that situation approximately 3 weeks ago .... you really dont know what will limit you till it limits you....

im 50 earlier in year jumped off monkey bars with the kids lol.... thought i broke both legs..... 40 i could do that all day... bodies are weird sometimes they respond sometimes they dont

i would put this as NOT only stamkos decision.... when it became apparent it was worse then when first happened we had to do something UNFORTUNATELY timing wise it was at about the worst possible point to have it happen and be taken care of. that is all.... this is more on trainers first evaluation cooper etc...

coop has history he let tyjo play with broken hand he has had other guys point for instance playing and palat....

but he can ONLY accept and be given sound medical advice from professionals the player will pretty much want to play it through... is a tough situation is all bad timing but i have no blame on stamkos im sure as the man he is he took the advice he was given ran with it for 2 weeks found out nope this aint gonna cut it now what well that what was surgery:( it happens yet we want OUR HEROES to be strong so its partly the fault of expectations remember stamkos played on a broken foot in past

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i think your mad and maybe not seeing full picture

a man is always gonna try to play through it like point did for two years

guaranteed he received information and evaluation and cooper and everyone else took that situation approximately 3 weeks ago .... you really dont know what will limit you till it limits you....

im 50 earlier in year jumped off monkey bars with the kids lol.... thought i broke both legs..... 40 i could do that all day... bodies are weird sometimes they respond sometimes they dont

i would put this as NOT only stamkos decision.... when it became apparent it was worse then when first happened we had to do something UNFORTUNATELY timing wise it was at about the worst possible point to have it happen and be taken care of. that is all.... this is more on trainers first evaluation cooper etc...

coop has history he let tyjo play with broken hand he has had other guys point for instance playing and palat....

but he can ONLY accept and be given sound medical advice from professionals the player will pretty much want to play it through... is a tough situation is all bad timing but i have no blame on stamkos im sure as the man he is he took the advice he was given ran with it for 2 weeks found out nope this aint gonna cut it now what well that what was surgery:( it happens yet we want OUR HEROES to be strong so its partly the fault of expectations remember stamkos played on a broken foot in past

p.s. to throw all his history together is also wrong ANYONE can get an oddity like a blood clot anyone.... ive been dealing with them now 5 years

i was walking down street i went to knees in nov 6 years ago in february i walked into the ER for strep throat they found the blood clots knew the timing my only pain was less then a minute of pain..... that happened 6 months earlier? i never felt anything else i never had any symptoms etc.... that with stamkos was just unlucky like me

bodies are crazy every tweak injury is odd and different you cannot put two together take it from someone with history of 13 broken bones 3 torn ligaments and multiple sprains strains etc.... you try to tough it out over surgery especially if doc says hey this should heal :)

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
What happened to our team that we would be praising Ruuta? He made huge steps this year and has been solid.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
What happened to our team that we would be praising Ruuta? He made huge steps this year and has been solid.
rutta evolved into a top four player sure played with hedman but he was a guy (you mostly want to not notice a guy like palat or a d man) but rutta besides some miraculous play each game was only noticed by doing good things....

so crazy how well he played and how well sergy played when rutta was playing.... now sergy seems to be losing confidence and cernak has been bad without mcd not that cernak was great with mcd but he was better then he is now or currrently

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->