Vancouver
Prediction time:

CaptainBo 7-6 LucBourdon
Archangel 4-8 Canucker
Balls 5-7 donut
BrockH 6-6 nameless1
Seal Club 8-4 Vanilla
Crystal Dragon 9-4 Ahmon

Based on absolutely nothing but gut feeling.

Reactions: donut

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
The CBA is inaccessible for me. What's the age limit for rookies? Will Olofsson still be a rookie next year?

ARTICLE 4: ROOKIE ELIGABILITY
Part 1 – Eligibility
A player is classified as a rookie, and thus is available for ‘rookie keeper protection’ if he is:
a. Eligible for the Calder Trophy: To be eligible for the Calder Trophy “a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league. The player must not be older than 26 years before September 15 of the season in which he is eligible.”
OR
b. Under the age of 25 as of opening day of the following season. AND Skaters: less than 164 games played. Goalies: less than 80 games started OR 100 games played.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
ARTICLE 4: ROOKIE ELIGABILITY
Part 1 – Eligibility
A player is classified as a rookie, and thus is available for ‘rookie keeper protection’ if he is:
a. Eligible for the Calder Trophy: To be eligible for the Calder Trophy “a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league. The player must not be older than 26 years before September 15 of the season in which he is eligible.”
OR
b. Under the age of 25 as of opening day of the following season. AND Skaters: less than 164 games played. Goalies: less than 80 games started OR 100 games played.

Dang, so Olofsson won't qualify (barring season ending injury before 25 games) Back to the scrap heap.

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Olofsson only has 10 career games played, so in that sense he absolutely qualifies as a rookie keeper. However, he will also be 25 at the start of next season, which is the reason he DOESN'T qualify.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
I think we're interpreting it a couple of ways.

I have it as if he was eligible for calder then he can be kept as a rookie for the following season. (calder eligible in 2019/20 = rookie eligible for 2020/21 fantasy season)
but now i see how you guys are explaining it like if he's eligible for calder 2019/20 then he's eligible for rookie status for 2019/20.

So we need to be even more specific? lol

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I think we're interpreting it a couple of ways.

I have it as if he was eligible for calder then he can be kept as a rookie for the following season. (calder eligible in 2019/20 = rookie eligible for 2020/21 fantasy season)
but now i see how you guys are explaining it like if he's eligible for calder 2019/20 then he's eligible for rookie status for 2019/20.

So we need to be even more specific? lol

I like your interpretation better for self-interest.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
It seems like the 'OR' is being overlooked?

He would not be eligible under the (b) rules. But he is under the (a) rules. So he's eligible to be kept as a rookie.
Being 25 next season becomes irrelevant.

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
It seems like the 'OR' is being overlooked?

He would not be eligible under the (b) rules. But he is under the (a) rules. So he's eligible to be kept as a rookie.
Being 25 next season becomes irrelevant.

Yes, but if A was interpreted a different way then he's ineligible for both A and B.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
hate making these moves so early in the week. Truly thought the oilers would add Bouchard to the line up and not just drag his sorry ass around for 3 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad