GDT: 2019-20 GM#8 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:00pm 10/19/19

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Kovalchuk in Ovechkin's office. It's a good place to be.

Are you certain that it wasn't Kovy's office at the very beginning though?

(long time Kovy fan....)

(old video time hasn't been kind to video quality, but lots of slapshot pings!)

That goal last night, looked like vintage slapper from the old days.

Last edited:
The entire Flames team on the ice when Doughty hit Tkachuk were a collective bowl of chicken shit. What kind of p***y do you have to be to punch someone on the ice being held by the official? This Kings team is obviously not very tough but at least they're not gutless like the Flames. They really should consider bringing James Neal back.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
The entire Flames team on the ice when Doughty hit Tkachuk were a collective bowl of chicken ****. What kind of ***** do you have to be to punch someone on the ice being held by the official? This Kings team is obviously not very tough but at least they're not gutless like the Flames. They really should consider bringing James Neal back.
Don't think that EDM will take Lucic back for Neal. The Flammos are stuck with Milan.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The entire Flames team on the ice when Doughty hit Tkachuk were a collective bowl of chicken ****. What kind of ***** do you have to be to punch someone on the ice being held by the official? This Kings team is obviously not very tough but at least they're not gutless like the Flames. They really should consider bringing James Neal back.

I used to think I've never seen as mentally weak a team as the post-VGK-series Kings, then this year's Calgary team came along.

Tkachuk is a cariacature of whatever lion Calgary fans paint him to be these days.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I like Kovy’s slapper more than Ovechkin’s.

It looks harder and more backswing.

Big Ovie fan too.
Ovechkin's windup is much more compact, but he generates tremendous velocity by using his entire body's momentum. When you watch him get a puck in his wheelhouse, you can see him transfer weight as he rotates his upper body. It's like watching Barry Bonds choke up on the bat. It's not all about how big it looks, it's about the control and use of the entire body, especially the lower body, to crush the puck.

Not knocking Kovalchuk's shot, it's just not as deadly.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Im really curious to see the type of message/lineup Mac throws out there the next time we play the Flaming Mangina's... MacD, Clifford, some tough guys from Ontario? brown needs to step the F up and crank Hob-ardo and someone/anyone needs to pay back Andersson for being a little bitch

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
well duh, as the main board says, they're an elite team and the favorites in the west

I like how there's ZERO possibility any of their guys overachieved last year and that it was actually a stepping stone to their primes despite one of the highest PDOs in the league and star players shooting ~5% over their career averages.

Almost every single one of their guys added 20 points to their totals and a few literally DOUBLED their production from year-to-year and they expected that to be a constant.

Then again, these are often the same people crowning the NYR "fastest rebuild ever" when they're lower than us in the standings and mocking the Pacific as being totally dead.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
People at work are talking about a MacDermid hit on Bennett from Saturday. I missed the first 20 and do not remember a hit afterwords. I guess Bennett is injured but does anyone have a video link?

When I look I find the below. I guess MacDermid may just have Bennett's number

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
People at work are talking about a MacDermid hit on Bennett from Saturday. I missed the first 20 and do not remember a hit afterwords. I guess Bennett is injured but does anyone have a video link?

When I look I find the below. I guess MacDermid may just have Bennett's number

That one was the end of last season. I'm guessing the hit that hurt Bennett this past game was when MacDermid kneed him.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 6.26.07 PM.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad