GDT: 2019-20 GM #6 LA Kings vs Carolina Hurricanes @7:30pm 10/15/19

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Never seen this kind of damage after a boarding hit.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 10.13.37 PM.png

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
We know we can score goals this year, we know we can contain a great offense this year. We just need to be able to put those two things together. Is our roster where it needs to be? No. Will our system get there? I think so. Players are earning their ice time, for better or for worse.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
How can this team be so bad on the PP

It's pretty obvious

Since 08/09 when it became the Kopitar/Doughty show on the PP the Kings have finished.

14th
7th
21st
17th
10th
27th
11th
8th
15th
18th
27th
25th

Two clear cut Hall of Fame players who dominate the games 5 on 5 and 5 on 4 who both become average to below average when they go on PP. Doesn't matter who the coach is or who else is with them.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not a bad game overall, only gave up 1 non empty net goal and had better fancy stats than the darling analytics team. Still seeing a lot of positive growth with this team.

Canes are also 6-1, that's a powerhouse team, and we skated right with them for the most part. Not bad considering still finding our footing and who are personnel are.

Hopefully Lizotte stole Kempe's PP spot for good. Just as good at zone entry, less brain decay with the puck in the ozone.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's pretty obvious

Since 08/09 when it became the Kopitar/Doughty show on the PP the Kings have finished.

14th
7th
21st
17th
10th
27th
11th
8th
15th
18th
27th
25th

Two clear cut Hall of Fame players who dominate the games 5 on 5 and 5 on 4 who both become average to below average when they go on PP. Doesn't matter who the coach is or who else is with them.
They both play too many minutes, and I think they both take a bit of a break on the power play. There has rarely been a sense of urgency from Kopitar on the power play, and Doughty seems to think it is a time to display one of the slowest releases for a shot from the blue line in the NHL.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
They both play too many minutes, and I think they both take a bit of a break on the power play. There has rarely been a sense of urgency from Kopitar on the power play, and Doughty seems to think it is a time to display one of the slowest releases for a shot from the blue line in the NHL.

Who knows. But it's been like this through five different coaches now. Kopitar never moving from the half wall and then Doughty shooting into shinpads. Time for people to stop blaming everyone else when the evidence clearly says they are the main reason.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Who knows. But it's been like this through five different coaches now. Kopitar never moving from the half wall and then Doughty shooting into shinpads. Time for people to stop blaming everyone else when the evidence clearly says they are the main reason.

When both are not playing their usual stationary positions, they score or generate better chances. They leagues has had these two figured out for years.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Not bad considering still finding our footing and who are personnel are.

Yeah, I think this is pretty important thing to remember, a lot of the vets are still adapting to a completely different system than they have played their whole careers and TMac is still learning about his players. He mentioned that he wanted to form his own opinions about all of the players rather than hear about them from others during the offseason a couple of times and I think we are seeing that play out so far.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Sad about getting shutout, but on the brightside I have Mrazek on my fantasy team.

Last edited:
Reactions: eleventy

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Now you guys see why it took the Kings so long to get Kempe signed. Even management isn't sure of his ceiling. When he's playing without any intensity, he is completely ineffective and invisible. I don't think he has the mindset or ability to become a successful player at center.

And to think, last year we had a smattering of fans trying to convince themselves that this guy is a top six forward.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Isn't it still Kompon's fault?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Now you guys see why it took the Kings so long to get Kempe signed. Even management isn't sure of his ceiling. When he's playing without any intensity, he is completely ineffective and invisible. I don't think he has the mindset or ability to become a successful player at center.

And to think, last year we had a smattering of fans trying to convince themselves that this guy is a top six forward.

I don't think Kempe has the board game to be a successful winger. He looks good on the wing on an Olympic-size rink because he has more room to operate, but he is over matched either physically or in tenacity on a North American-size rink.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Did he score a goal?

Yeah, he had two tonight. It was a great win. High fives all around.

I don't think Kempe has the board game to be a successful winger. He looks good on the wing on an Olympic-size rink because he has more room to operate, but he is over matched either physically or in tenacity on a North American-size rink.

Well he doesn’t have the center ice game to be successful as a center, so what do we do? I really think his ceiling at this point is a third or fourth line winger. It’s unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Reactions: kings11

Kawzee

Mar 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Kempe won't be anymore then a 3rd or 4th line winger who maxes out at around 20-30 points. But at the moment he is offering no net positive play. If he wasn't on such a decent deal, you'd have to seriously look at moving him.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
It took less than 10 games of the new look Kings before I was passed out cold by the time the third period started.

Reactions: BigKing

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Kempe did have a great stretch last season and was good in his first complete season.

He is a 3rd liner at best, always labeled as one.

Unfortunately right now he is not bringing much but lets not forget the things above.

Reactions: Schmooley

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kempe did have a great stretch last season and was good in his first complete season.

He is a 3rd liner at best, always labeled as one.

Unfortunately right now he is not bringing much but lets not forget the things above.

Add Iafallo to that list as well... I rather seee Grundstrom on Kopitar's LW

Reactions: ibleedkings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad