GDT: 2019-20 GM#59 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @5:00pm 2/15/20 Stadium Series @Air Force Academy

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Kings actually played a quality game from start to finish. Like someone turned off tank mode.

They come up with one every now and them. Had Quick not kept them in it early on, they probably just mail it in, because what's the point in coming back? They had a chance though, caught a break, and those can be the kind of games they might win. No team has ever gone winless, and as bad as the roster is, it's not the worst ever. Of course most wins will be on a razors edge, where they could crumble, like against Washington, or what happened last night.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
I also totally forgot about the San Jose game. Would be fine by me if the kings never had another one of these again.

I agree, a lot of pomp and circumstance for nothing. Have a Heritage classic game in Canada and have the New Years Day game and be done with it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The only California outdoor games from here on out should just be roller hockey if you're trying to do the "hockey heritage outside" thing ever again.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
We were at the fan meet and great as well! We won a t-shirt in the raffle, then Nick gave us two more as he was leaving for free! We were lucky enough to have him sit at our table for a while, always a pleasure to hear him talk. Faust was buzzing around as well, don't think I saw him turn down a drink all night, good guy. Also, Jon Rosen looked like he'd been up for 48 straight hours, poor guy, guessing the trade deadline is a rough time to be a reporter.
Yeah we won the Jonathan Quick sign puck during the raffle at Atomic Cowboys.I did see Nick sitting at a table by the outside patio door all night.Saw Daryl right at the end of meet and greet.Didnt see the others upstairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: BringTheReign

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
The attitude was getting to the Kings players in the 1st period.So they shortened the shifts and played much better. 6,600 feet is no joke to play a hockey game if you're not used to the attitude.
They come up with one every now and them. Had Quick not kept them in it early on, they probably just mail it in, because what's the point in coming back? They had a chance though, caught a break, and those can be the kind of games they might win. No team has ever gone winless, and as bad as the roster is, it's not the worst ever. Of course most wins will be on a razors edge, where they could crumble, like against Washington, or what happened last night.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I was at the game; I tried to throw my hat down to the field hoping the staff would throw them on the ice for us, but they were telling people not to throw them.

The game was epic. Fantastic job by the NHL and the Air Force Academy.
What section were you in at the game last night?

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
The attitude was getting to the Kings players in the 1st period.So they shortened the shifts and played much better. 6,600 feet is no joke to play a hockey game if you're not used to the attitude.

I can vouch for any of the peeps here that grew up playing the sport and traveled to Colorado for tournaments that playing in that kind of air (if you are not use to it) is extremely difficult.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
You’re as classless as Bob Miller
Yeah perhaps.

Seriously though, without getting into details and because nobody knows me, i was on suicide watch between feb. 2018 and april 2018. Never expected this would ever happen to me.

Depression is one of the most underrated diseases. You are just in a different universe but we have to keep smiling ! I am glad I am still here. Too bad this man couldnt be saved with proper help.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yeah perhaps.

Seriously though, without getting into details and because nobody knows me, i was on suicide watch between feb. 2018 and april 2018. Never expected this would ever happen to me.

Depression is one of the most underrated diseases. You are just in a different universe but we have to keep smiling ! I am glad I am still here. Too bad this man couldnt be saved with proper help.

Depression is no joke, man. I suffer through it daily.

I am sorry you endured it and hope you are coping better.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I really wanted to go in person, and I regret not going a little given how awesome of a game it was for the Kings, but I couldn't justify the expense. If they had better jerseys then maybe... :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad