GDT: 2019-20 GM#4 LA Kings vs Nashville Predators @3:00pm 10/12/19

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
No love for Lizotte? I think he is the most surprising player that has been overlooked so far. Kid was a free NCAA pickup and looks like he has a spot on this team for a long time. At 21 and only 5 NHL regular season games under his belt he is only going to get stronger and better.
There has been a lot of love for Lizotte if you read back through the thread. He’s been great, especially yesterday.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Make Carter an eternal healthy scratch

please

His only point in 4 games was an assist on empty netter...and his only pre-season goal was weak 40 footer and Quick would have saved it. I wonder if TM was referring to JC when said "players that can no longer play in this league"

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Unless Coach Todd channels his inner Babcock, I doubt Carter gets scratched before his 1000th game.

After that, I think it’s inevitable, especially after the trade deadline.

As a whole, the vets who should be moved are producing individually, so that can let Carter slide a little. You can buy Carter out next summer, and get some cap savings, plus save some real money. That will be an ideal move, if combined with trades for all the old players who seem to be rebounding or are UFAs.

If this keeps up, we should get a full basket of futures for the following players:

Toffoli
Martinez
Clifford
Lewis
Kovalchuk
Forbort

Reactions: ru4reals

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Martinez has looked terrible imo. If they trade him I dont expect much unless he starts racking up points Kovalchuk and Toffoli should net some decent pieces. Forbort a pick. I expect Lewis and Clifford to stick around but could see Lewis being dealt for a couple of picks.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
We have yet to get a decent goaltending performance from either tender this season yet we are still 2-2. I’m surprised by that.

With the combination of lower expectations and more focus on offense, I’m definitely enjoying kings hockey for the first time in a while.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Guys give Quick crap for giving up goals, 3 of 4 Campbell's goals were stoppable. Needed to make a few stops when it was 4-2 instead of just letting rebounds bounce all over the place.

We're all just used to Quick. At this point, it's here we go again. We're all just sick of Quick(and the rest of the 2014 guys)? If Campbell was the #1 guy, and then he kept giving up stoppable shots, we'd start ripping on him a lot more. He's still considered to be the backup though, so he gets that benefit of the doubt. If he wins the job, his time will come. No question about it. Comes with the territory. We should all enjoy Campbell while we can. That microscope will be getting much more focused.

No love for Lizotte? I think he is the most surprising player that has been overlooked so far. Kid was a free NCAA pickup and looks like he has a spot on this team for a long time. At 21 and only 5 NHL regular season games under his belt he is only going to get stronger and better.

Lets not get too crazy. Enjoy the energy and gumption, but allow it to breathe. We all fell in love with Leipsic for the same reasons, and he's been on 6 different teams in 5 years, traded twice, and picked up on waivers a few times.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t use Carter on the fourth line between Clifford and Lewis. We aren’t pressed for cap space, so while it may be a waste spending over $5 million on a fourth line center, if they can skate hard and pressure opposing teams, they don’t even really have to score. Who knows, Carter playing wing is still a newer experience for him (especially recently). Why not try it?

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kovalchuk - Amadio - Toffoli
Kempe - Lizotte - Wagner
Clifford - Carter - Lewis

We are spreading the ice time pretty evenly anyway, so I don’t see a problem with it.

Reactions: funky

member 88115

Super happy for Lizzote, Amadio and Hutton. They got promoted and did very well. Kempe line also looked good. Rolling 4 lines becomes much easier to happen. Walker just continues to perform. Still need to work on how to close out games, but steps forward were taken from the adjustments.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Carter got 17:14 of ice time last night. 4th most of any forward. McClellan is still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

He had 2:16 of PK time which was the most of any forward.

He's 57% on face offs right now. I'd like to think he could still be used as a 4th line center and PKer at this point.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Carter got 17:14 of ice time last night. 4th most of any forward. McClellan is still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

He's 57% on face offs right now. I'd like to think he could still be used as a 4th line center and PKer at this point.

He definitely could. It might take some of the pressure off of him too. If he gains more confidence, who knows, maybe pucks start finding the back of the net.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

Carter does look better than last year. He's got a little bit of jump back, but it's not translating yet. His decision making seems off though. Usually older players brains know what to do but their bodies can't respond, right now Carter looks like he's suffering from the opposite.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Lets not get too crazy. Enjoy the energy and gumption said:
Leipsic is a NHL journeyman who went in the 3rd round. He' also 25 years old. He was appreciated by us kings fans because he brought speed and tenacity on a team that needed it the most.

Lizotte went from NCAA to the Pros and earned a regular spot on the roster over JAD, Grundstrom and Wagner whom are both rotating in and out of the lineup. If TMac plays him at center and has his confidence than I do too. Like I said he's only 21, he and will getting stronger and better. He can shift his weight on his edges really well and his cut backs are fantastic. Pretty surprised we can get this type of quality player on our roster for basically free straight from NCAA. (Cal as well). I would like to see what he develops into at 24-25 years old before comparing him to Leipsic.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
We're all just used to Quick. At this point, it's here we go again. We're all just sick of Quick(and the rest of the 2014 guys)? If Campbell was the #1 guy, and then he kept giving up stoppable shots, we'd start ripping on him a lot more. He's still considered to be the backup though, so he gets that benefit of the doubt. If he wins the job, his time will come. No question about it. Comes with the territory. We should all enjoy Campbell while we can. That microscope will be getting much more focused.

Lets not get too crazy. Enjoy the energy and gumption, but allow it to breathe. We all fell in love with Leipsic for the same reasons, and he's been on 6 different teams in 5 years, traded twice, and picked up on waivers a few times.

Leipsic is a NHL journeyman who went in the 3rd round. He' also 25 years old. He was appreciated by us kings fans because he brought speed and tenacity on a team that needed it the most.

Lizotte went from NCAA to the Pros and earned a regular spot on the roster over JAD, Grundstrom and Wagner whom are both rotating in and out of the lineup. If TMac plays him at center and has his confidence than I do too. Like I said he's only 21, he and will getting stronger and better. He can shift his weight on his edges really well and his cut backs are fantastic. Pretty surprised we can get this type of quality player on our roster for basically free straight from NCAA. (Cal as well). I would like to see what he develops into at 24-25 years old before comparing him to Leipsic.

Reactions: Albi

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
yeah lizotte's cutbacks on the cycle set him apart in a huge way imo, no one else on this team can do that. great instincts. i don't care if he doesn't turn into a 1C, he's the kind of dude i love having on my team because he enables other guys to succeed

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad