GDT: 2019-20 GM#31 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:00pm 12/7/19

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
you know what though it was a largely entertaining game so i probably shouldn't be too mad

i'd like to have seen more mac in the 3rd but i dunno

Reactions: crassbonanza

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Well we should have a few players coming up in the Juniors tourney. Will look forward to that

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If I were coaching the Kings, I would try Prokhorkin with Kovalchuk and either Lizote or Kempe centering the line. You would be surprised how well the Russian's communicate and play well with each other.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Entertaining game that ended in a loss, so victory.

I haven't seen such bad defense I think pretty much ever honestly, haha it was almost impressive

Should have been a blowout, Campbell made some out of his gourd saves

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Or if they weren’t such dumbasses in their own zone. But that’s the reason why they’re so bad, that blueline only has two NHLers on it.
Curious. Muzzin is a FA after this season. Could the Kings sign him if he wants to come back? They could have $8.2 million in cap space if Toffoli, Lewis and Clifford are not with the team next season. Also, the Kings really could use some offense from their back end besides Doughty and Martinez. The Caps have Christian Djoos with a cap hit of $1.2 million buried in the minors. He might be a good fit for the Kings. If they can create more offense from the back end, then it might open up a bit of room for some of the older forwards.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Curious. Muzzin is a FA after this season. Could the Kings sign him if he wants to come back? They could have $8.2 million in cap space if Toffoli, Lewis and Clifford are not with the team next season. Also, the Kings really could use some offense from their back end besides Doughty and Martinez. The Caps have Christian Djoos with a cap hit of $1.2 million buried in the minors. He might be a good fit for the Kings. If they can create more offense from the back end, then it might open up a bit of room for some of the older forwards.
on the wrong side of 30 and probably looking for his retirement contract? i'd pass on that given the whole rebuild thing

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
yeah, as tempting as it could be, he's probably looking at 6 x 7 , if not more.

He's absolutely worth that, and we should not be the ones giving it to him.

Love his stability and calmness and leadership though, for sure miss him.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Yesterday I stated to get Kopi off the right wall and try him on the left...and not glued to the boards, at least 10 feet from them. So, that's where he was and he rifles one in!

From Edmonton thread the day before
"""Kopi is stuck to the half wall on the PP again. WTF? Is Sturm supposed to run the PP? Get Iafallo off the #1 unit. He does not have great net presence and is small...does not provide good screens,.
Dustin Brown has never really failed in front of the net and has probably 10 wicked elite deflections the last 3 yrs...he's still the best option there. Move Kopitar off the wall...maybe put him on the
opposite side and tell him if he does not shoot the puck, he's off the PP.""

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Yesterday I stated to get Kopi off the right wall and try him on the left...and not glued to the boards, at least 10 feet from them. So, that's where he was and he rifles one in!

From Edmonton thread the day before
"""Kopi is stuck to the half wall on the PP again. WTF? Is Sturm supposed to run the PP? Get Iafallo off the #1 unit. He does not have great net presence and is small...does not provide good screens,.
Dustin Brown has never really failed in front of the net and has probably 10 wicked elite deflections the last 3 yrs...he's still the best option there. Move Kopitar off the wall...maybe put him on the
opposite side and tell him if he does not shoot the puck, he's off the PP.""
Nothing new here. The Sutter mentality still resides with all these older players on the roster. Sutter was never about offensive creativity, rather play big and heavy and grind the hell out your opponent to score goals.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Our defense is terrible. They will get us where we want to go, however. Take solace in the fact that the blue line is dragging this team down and only a couple of them are going to be on the team in a couple years.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad