Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Toffoli shoots blanks.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Lt Dan

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kopitar, Toffoli and Kempe combined for zero shots on goal.

That’s not entirely fair to Kempe. He had a great play on Lizotte’s called-back goal, including a shot on goal that ended up as the primary assist. It just, you know, didn’t count.

With that said, who has all the f***ing shots on this team?

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Kopitar, Toffoli and Kempe combined for zero shots on goal.

Kopi is stuck to the half wall on the PP again. WTF? Is Sturm supposed to run the PP? Get Iafallo off the #1 unit. He does not have great net presence and is small...does not provide good screens,.
Dustin Brown has never really failed in front of the net and has probably 10 wicked elite deflections the last 3 yrs...he's still the best option there. Move Kopitar off the wall...maybe put him on the
opposite side and tell him if he does not shoot the puck, he's off the PP.

pp #30 in NHL....11 PP goals all year? I bet there's a player in the league that has 11 PP already! Sturm needs to change this up. What team is 31st? Must be Detriot? I am too tired to look it up.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
That’s not entirely fair to Kempe. He had a great play on Lizotte’s called-back goal, including a shot on goal that ended up as the primary assist. It just, you know, didn’t count.

With that said, who has all the ****ing shots on this team?
Kempe is in Ziggy’s doghouse...and that for a long time already.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kempe is in Ziggy’s doghouse...and that for a long time already.

I feel sorry for you thin skin types who get bothered by facts. I didn’t even say anything negative about Kempe, I pointed out a stat that isn’t untrue. But go ahead with whatever you want to believe in if it makes you feel any better.

Also, the Kings have an overall shooting percentage of 7.3%. They all collectively suck at shooting.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Lexus is lying about this being a December to remember for the Kings.

Going by Coach Todd and Captain Kopi’s post game comments, they were satisfied with the effort. That’s a pretty low bar to set when the team killed more penalties than they drew, never mind the crappy special teams performance.

There were some interesting player deployment changes. Clifford getting a game to recover from a minor injury was good to see. Giving vets nights off should become a regular thing and not have some kind of stigma associated with it, even for those who are free agents after the season.

And the Lizotte line got the 5 on 5 minutes of a second line and the O zone deployments, while Carter, Toff and Pro skated a little bit less and had more D zone starts.

If there is any good to come from all these road games, is maybe the coaching staff gets to experiment a little more because management feels that the few people watching are barely paying attention. I’m sure Luc is out there pitching advertising partners about how the Kings are essential background noise at a loyal set of households within a major media market.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014

With that said, who has all the ****ing shots on this team?
He was also wide open on a 2 on 1 with Wagner who for some reason didn’t use him (I don’t think he saw him), for what would have been a grade A chance in the first period. He wasn’t brilliant but relative to his team mates he did ok. He’s trying to do the right things, unlike Toffoli who I can only assume doesn’t want to be traded.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

“The situation with Kovy is a tough one for everybody,” McLellan said. “I can tell you that he’s been outstanding. Kovy’s situation has nothing to do with him as a person or his work ethic or anything like that. He’s outstanding. He works as hard as anybody right now.

“It’s a tough situation, but we’ll get through it.”

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kopi is stuck to the half wall on the PP again. WTF? Is Sturm supposed to run the PP? Get Iafallo off the #1 unit. He does not have great net presence and is small...does not provide good screens,.
Dustin Brown has never really failed in front of the net and has probably 10 wicked elite deflections the last 3 yrs...he's still the best option there. Move Kopitar off the wall...maybe put him on the
opposite side and tell him if he does not shoot the puck, he's off the PP.

pp #30 in NHL....11 PP goals all year? I bet there's a player in the league that has 11 PP already! Sturm needs to change this up. What team is 31st? Must be Detriot? I am too tired to look it up.
It's not the coaches, it's Kopitar who insists on gluing his ass to the half wall on the power play. He refuses to leave his comfort zone. I think the various coaches should have benched Kopitar for this years ago when it comes to the power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad