GDT: 2019-20 GM#29 LA Kings vs Washington Capitals @7:00pm 12/4/19

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
austin-wagner-2019-40.jpg

Austin would like a word with you.
If he had a dollar for every breakaway that he shot in the goalies chest, he'd have more dollars than a stripper

Last edited:

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Some games they come out of the gate looking good the first 3-5 minutes. The other team comes down and scores on their 1st or 2nd shot. The team gets deflated and doesnt put together a good shift until the beginning of next period. But they cant finish any scoring chance and get deflated again. They then realize they are going to lose and start trying hard again in the last 3 minutes of the game.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I'd like to see Wagner go back to Ontario for a while and develop some other tools. Right now there's just one facet to his game. He needs development in low pressure situations.
He, Lizotte, Amadio, and Kempe are almost all the same player to me. They bring energy, defense, and intangibles but we can't have 4 of them that can't or barely score. Maybe 2 , but 4 is too many

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Nobody else is gonna ask it, so I guess I'll ask it. When will Drew Doughty get benched? That second goal was a total team breakdown that Doughty precipitated. Rookie kinda mistake. He's playing like he's in Juniors.

He's now Ben Hutton bad.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
You cant criticize doughty because sometimes he separates guys from the puck nicely in the d zone for 11 million bux

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Postgame quotes are telling. Both McLellan and Lizotte acknowledged the continual problems with the starts, but Kopitar said it wasn't necessarily a poor start, just a couple of mistakes leading to early goals.

If the captain isn't on the same page or can't see that the team starts poorly, how can he be expected to address that problem in the room? Thats an ongoing problem with this core group - how do you hold yourself and your teammates accountable if you can't even recognize the issue. There is a LOT of delusion going on with these veterans.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Lower pressure than the third worst team in the league?
Yep. He needs to get more minutes, work on play away from the puck, his shot, deception with the puck, all that stuff. As some posters have said on this board, the NHL is not a development league.

Wagner is one of the few reasons to watch this team right now, but I'd like to see him get better. Seems like he's still a one-trick pony.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Yep. He needs to get more minutes, work on play away from the puck, his shot, deception with the puck, all that stuff. As some posters have said on this board, the NHL is not a development league.

Wagner is one of the few reasons to watch this team right now, but I'd like to see him get better. Seems like he's still a one-trick pony.
I mean if you wanna say he needs to go down to get more ice time I agree with that. I just don't think there are any expectations placed on these bozos this year or any pressure of any kind.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
He, Lizotte, Amadio, and Kempe are almost all the same player to me. They bring energy, defense, and intangibles but we can't have 4 of them that can't or barely score. Maybe 2 , but 4 is too many
Except most of them don’t really bring much defense or intangibles.

I would guess Kempe has a wing spot on this team going forward, and Wagner wont cut it unless he takes some steps, he could get surpassed. Same with Amadio, we already have Lizzotte in the bottom 6 (who is doing a more consistent job) and both could get jumped by several prospects in a year or two.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Postgame quotes are telling. Both McLellan and Lizotte acknowledged the continual problems with the starts, but Kopitar said it wasn't necessarily a poor start, just a couple of mistakes leading to early goals.

If the captain isn't on the same page or can't see that the team starts poorly, how can he be expected to address that problem in the room? Thats an ongoing problem with this core group - how do you hold yourself and your teammates accountable if you can't even recognize the issue. There is a LOT of delusion going on with these veterans.

Think you're reading too much into it. "Poor starts" vs "couple of mistakes leading to early goals" are symptoms of the same problems, doesn't matter how you verbalize it, you fix it the same way.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Think you're reading too much into it. "Poor starts" vs "couple of mistakes leading to early goals" are symptoms of the same problems, doesn't matter how you verbalize it, you fix it the same way.

No, Anze was asked the same question as the coach and a rookie about the poor starts of late and he most definitely said it "wasn't necessarily a poor start".

Does anybody who watched that game disagree with the Kings starting poorly?

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
No, Anze was asked the same question as the coach and a rookie about the poor starts of late and he most definitely said it "wasn't necessarily a poor start".

It's sort of facile to just reply to a reporter with, yeah, we need to have a better start. What does that mean? Set the nap alarm earlier? Don't eat a big lunch?
At least Anze pinpointed it a bit more and said the team was making mistakes, and I think his implication was that the same mistakes could come at anytime of the game, not just the start.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007

And then he gave an explanation that is effectively the same as a poor start. Its just semantics. Whether you call it "poor starts" or "mistakes leading to early goals" its the same thing, its the same issue that requires the same solution.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
What should he say? We were playing ok then they came down and scored on a shot quick should have stopped

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Austin Wagner is turning into Tobias Rieder and that's just devastating.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
wagner certainly hits more than a lot of the passengers on this team

i think there are nails that need hammering more than the guys making league min

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad