GDT: 2019-20 GM#28 LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 12/2/19

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
like prokhorkin, i'd like to see him with better linemates

i think his tenacity would be valuable alongside carter/toffoli who are prone to floating and prokhorkin on kopitar's wing might be a thing of beauty but tmac seems to prefer him at center

i really don't think iafallo belongs in the top 6 at all
Iafallo should be playing on the 3rd line. Kings need a shooter on that RW. Toffoli and Kempe need to be secondary scoring, but they are not. Kings might as well trade Toffoli at the dead line or sooner.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
They haven't scored a 1st period goal in the last 8 road games. Tonight was the first time they scored 2 road goals in the 2nd period. They've scored 2 road goals in the 3rd once as well.

They scored 3 goals in the 1st period in the first game of the year against the Oilers. They scored 2 goals in the 3rd period of that same game. 2 goals in the 1st period against Calgary in the 2nd game of the year. 2 goals in the 2nd period tonight. In the remaining 35 regulation periods of road hockey, they've scored either 0 or 1 goal.

They've been outscored 17-7 in the 1st period. 18-10 in the 2nd period. 18-8 in the 3rd period.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It’s astonishing how dreadful the Kings are away from home. If they somehow managed to be mediocre on the road, they might be sniffing at a wild card spot. Alas, that is what makes the Kings one of the worst teams in the league.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For a guy who makes $11 million a season, where the h3ll is the offense from him?!

He's second on the team in scoring.

If it weren't for Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty would have a two point lead in scoring for this team.

Put that in perspective with how badly you think he sucks.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I watched the first period, then turned it off. Got that drained feeling I got around a month into Willie D last season where I stopped caring if I missed a game. Shitty feeling.

I literally will not watch another road game until they can put more emotion into it than me. Yes, I realize that's all of December. I'll be checking out early, just like the team, if they can't sort out the road in a week.

Reactions: LAKings88

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I watched the first period, then turned it off. Got that drained feeling I got around a month into Willie D last season where I stopped caring if I missed a game. ****ty feeling.

I literally will not watch another road game until they can put more emotion into it than me. Yes, I realize that's all of December. I'll be checking out early, just like the team, if they can't sort out the road in a week.
kind of unfortunate you missed prokhorkin blossoming then, i think you would've enjoyed it

can't do it all though

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
He's second on the team in scoring.

If it weren't for Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty would have a two point lead in scoring for this team.

Put that in perspective with how badly you think he sucks.
I have watched Doughty in offensive zone and he made some bad decisions with the puck tonight. Overall his shot from the point is inconsistent.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
kind of unfortunate you missed prokhorkin blossoming then, i think you would've enjoyed it

can't do it all though
He’s been great.

He had over 14 minutes tonight which is in line with the rest of middle 6 and his season average is 10 minutes. I’m not sure why people complain about his ice time. I want to see more of him too, but people cannot expect him to suddenly play 18 minutes +. TM is gently easing him in and gradually increasing his role, making sure he doesn’t get put into situations he’s not ready for.

Given that’s he’s seemingly improving fast and taking the opportunities being given to him, I’m not sure it can be argued that TM is getting it wrong. Right now you can argue quite easily that TM is handling the gradual growth in his role perfectly. So far it’s been a success story, the same with how he has handled Walker.

Sorry, to point that out but there is plenty else that can be used to satisfy the perpetual need to gripe on here. :naughty: :laugh:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
He’s been great.

He had over 14 minutes tonight which is in line with the rest of middle 6 and his season average is 10 minutes. I’m not sure why people complain about his ice time. I want to see more of him too, but people cannot expect him to suddenly play 18 minutes +. TM is gently easing him in and gradually increasing his role, making sure he doesn’t get put into situations he’s not ready for.

Given that’s he’s seemingly improving fast and taking the opportunities being given to him, I’m not sure it can be argued that TM is getting it wrong. Right now you can argue quite easily that TM is handling the gradual growth in his role perfectly. So far it’s been a success story, the same with how he has handled Walker.

Sorry, to point that out but there is plenty else that can be used to satisfy the perpetual need to gripe on here. :naughty: :laugh:
nah i agree and i think he's been the in-team promotion case study, though some of the benchings a few weeks ago don't exactly impress me. maybe he f***ed up some specific things he was told not to f*** up, who knows

i'm happy for him and it's true that expectations for him to jump right onto the top line should probably be tempered, but it's also the whole iafallo thing. i just think we have better options than iafallo

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’m not a fan of Iafallo on the top line. However, he does exactly what is asked of him in terms of structure/system. So given where we are I’m ok with it as it allows TM to focus on developing the other guys and he can basically not worry about the top line, for now.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I’m not a fan of Iafallo on the top line. However, he does exactly what is asked of him in terms of structure/system. So given where we are I’m ok with it as it allows TM to focus on developing the other guys and he can basically not worry about the top line, for now.
I'd rather just go for feelers at this point and see what we truly have in some of our guys...

Brown-Kopitar-Prokhorkin... Old Brownie and Brownie 2.0, why not
Carter-Amadio-Toffoli... Carts/Madio have nice chem
Kempe-Lizotte-Iafallo... Our super pest line
Grundstrom-Clifford-Lewis... I just want to see Grundy get playing time

Reactions: Hinterland

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
She looks like a dinosaur.
what kind of dinosaur?