GDT: 2019-20 GM#27 LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets @7:00pm 11/30/19

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Prokhorkin seems to be doing well but why is his ice time so limited? No trust still?
wish i f***in knew. i think he'd thrive on kopitar's wing over "great value brand kopitar" iafallo

yesterday i think the minutes were a bit limited because the penalties in the 2nd broke up the momentum, then coaches gon coach and lean on their top guys. after those penalties they were just holding on in desperation so the 4th line didn't get called much

Reactions: TruKingFan

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Doughty had a bird's eye view. He, as a top defensive player, an an elite athlete with world class hand-eye coordination, has to see 4 teammates around the puck. Wagner messed up, but that doesn't mean Doughty gets to mess up too. He didn't look over his shoulder either. He got caught up in his emotion instead of playing the game. The guy Doughty was covering wasn't even facing Campbell. If he stays where he was at the 5/6 second mark, at worst it's a 2-on-1 from very close in.

The Jets have 2 players you need to worry about-Laine and Schiefle. Leaving Schiefle alone in front is like playing the 92-93 Penguins and forgetting about Jagr or Lemieux in front. It was a low IQ play by Doughty and thankfully he had a team mate who stepped up and bailed him out.

"just stay in the middle" means that instead of Schiefele walking in with little time, that Ehlers gets the puck with even MORE time, passing options, AND closer to the net. How is that possibly so much better that it's Drew's fault?

If we can call it a systematic breakdown that's one thing, but faulting Drew Doughty as a priority after a long series of missed calls and easy-to-pin blown coverages is an agenda. If Wagner sinks back to the middle for an easy pickoff, Walker comes off the boards to cover someone at all, this isn't even a discussion

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
"just stay in the middle" means that instead of Schiefele walking in with little time, that Ehlers gets the puck with even MORE time, passing options, AND closer to the net. How is that possibly so much better that it's Drew's fault?

If we can call it a systematic breakdown that's one thing, but faulting Drew Doughty as a priority after a long series of missed calls and easy-to-pin blown coverages is an agenda. If Wagner sinks back to the middle for an easy pickoff, Walker comes off the boards to cover someone at all, this isn't even a discussion

I'm saying Doughty isn't blameless. He was in position to see the entire context. He could see the puck. He could see 4 teammates. He's not the primary culprit, but he has to know he's the last guy back, and make an adjustment. That's the price of being the best player on the ice. You have to know everything. Can't just keep drifting to where you were going. But yes, multi-level breakdown, Wagner should've done this, Walker should've done that, and Doughty had his guy.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm saying Doughty isn't blameless. He was in position to see the entire context. He could see the puck. He could see 4 teammates. He's not the primary culprit, but he has to know he's the last guy back, and make an adjustment. That's the price of being the best player on the ice. You have to know everything. Can't just keep drifting to where you were going. But yes, multi-level breakdown, Wagner should've done this, Walker should've done that, and Doughty had his guy.

I'm good with that. I'm not saying he's completely absolved. I'm just saying it's easy to see what he was doing and it wasn't just being a clueless moron, and that other players had responsibilities to help. Walker had a view as well, he was just committed to a pin. And sometimes a good player just makes a good play, especially when it's 6 on 5. Schiefele made himself invisible near the blueline before walking in for that. At best, Doughty would have been flatfooted in the middle for a quickly developing 3 on 1. I'm not sure that's a better scenario. Though of course that's easy to say when Campbell locked on and made that save.

The "what was Drew doing" could easily be "Why didn't Walker peel off and support earlier" or "why didn't Wagner back off" or "Why did Wagner dive when he could have easily just blasted Schiefele off the puck" or "why didn't the refs call any one of three penalties that impeded an easy clear"

Reactions: KingsFan7824

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Doughty may not be blameless but he's wayyy down on the list. These are split second decisions that are easy to breakdown after the fact. All that matters is Campbell made the save when he was called on to.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
wish i ****in knew. i think he'd thrive on kopitar's wing over "great value brand kopitar" iafallo

I'm screaming for TM to try this but seems like Prohorkin plays better as a center. Now that Kempe is back to wing Prohorkin can play even if it's the 4C for now. I do think he needs more minutes.

Jul 31, 2005
CA

Dude, I don't know if you know this but we are allowed to have an opinion based off what we see. I'm not looking for a break down of every single one of my posts by you.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Dude, I don't know if you know this but we are allowed to have an opinion based off what we see. I'm not looking for a break down of every single one of my posts by you.

Are you being deliberately ironic?

I'm not responding to you and only you, don't know why you're taking it personally. It's a discussion board and if you don't like discussing opinions don't put them out there. I don't know what to tell you.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
No idea what to make of Prokhorkin.

If you watch his stats

Very good seasons followed by very average ones. Never really shined in the playoffs. No goals in Ontario and still called up.

Solid so far with limited ice time...in the NHL..

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
No idea what to make of Prokhorkin.

If you watch his stats

Very good seasons followed by very average ones. Never really shined in the playoffs. No goals in Ontario and still called up.

Solid so far with limited ice time...in the NHL..

The latter part of that resume sounds eerily similar to Kempe. He certainly seems more well-rounded though in the early stages here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad