GDT: 2019-20 GM#22 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:30pm 11/21/19

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Very nice to see them put it all together for one night. Pretty dominant performance given the two best players in the world were parading around the other side.

First game in a long time I've seen the Kings' hard work actually translate into drawing calls, mostly because guys actually fell, haha. But probably got 1-2 power plays too many honestly. But it really doesn't matter when the reasons for the calls are the Oilers chasing the game.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Doughty/Walker with the shutdown job on McDrai.

Re: the Kopitar thread, that's exactly the value of said players. Draisaitl has 44 points in 23 games--a 157 point pace--then comes in here and gets blanked. McDavid, merely 153 point pace, gets cut merely in half thanks to Hen Button. Boo hoo our dude only scored one head-to-head but that one is all you need if you're sucking 300 combined points down to 82 (ZERO head to head) and turning 24 million in salary into a puddle.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Doughty/Walker with the shutdown job on McDrai.

Re: the Kopitar thread, that's exactly the value of said players. Draisaitl has 44 points in 23 games--a 157 point pace--then comes in here and gets blanked. McDavid, merely 153 point pace, gets cut merely in half thanks to Hen Button. Boo hoo our dude only scored one head-to-head but that one is all you need if you're sucking 300 combined points down to 82 and turning 24 million in salary into a puddle.
Say it louder for the people in the back!

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Kopitar and Quick led the way tonight.

Which sounds silly seeing as Carter, Doughty and Toffoli all had multipoint games, but w/e.

Reactions: KINGS17

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Its a real tear jerker reading the oilers gdt. We would have won if it wasnt for those pesky refs!

Some fella was trying to claim the check by Marty on Chiasson was interference,
The guy just released the puck.
Pretty funny stuff

Oilers are better this year but they are a 2 person team, and if you make life difficult for those 2 they are pretty pedestrian.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Some fella was trying to claim the check by Marty on Chiasson was interference,
The guy just released the puck.
Pretty funny stuff

Oilers are better this year but they are a 2 person team, and if you make life difficult for those 2 they are pretty pedestrian.

I love watching McDavid play though, it must be fun watching that kid week in week out, just electric everytime he touches the puck

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Lol at Fox saying Kings gave away the puck on the McDavid goal. Uh no, Hutton got well played by McDavid. Why he chose to sauce a pass to his weak side :huh: McDavid definitely a superstar, got that unassisted goal, guess he earned his paycheck, nevermind the outcome of the game :sarcasm:

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Solid game. Really fun to watch. Thought the 3rd pairing D of Ryan and Roy actually played pretty well. Even this season's whipping boy Kempe played well, had his legs moving. I'm glad to see Carter play well in his last 10+ games. Solid game all around. Quick was good, not much he could of done on their lone goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad