GDT: 2019-20 GM#21 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:00pm 11/18/19

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Campbell’s trade value is dropping with every start lately, gotta hope he re finds his ceiling soon.

I’m not going to single him out for the loss, that was a classic Kings snoozer. The PP destroyed any possible momentum for a comeback.

It’s almost safe to say that Kempe is officially ruined as a prospect. Dude came into the league doing round the world dekes in the shootout. Now he looks like 2015 Mike Richards when handling the puck. He also skates slower than his brother.

I gave up on watching once I saw Matt Roy throw his arm up in the air to celebrate going down 0-3. I went back to binge watching Succession, which is much more entertaining.

Nothing to be upset about overall. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them beat Edmonton next game.

Reactions: KINGS17

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Gotta say the leadership wearing letters sucks. Kopitar, Doughty and Carter? We keep hearing how last season no one was holding these guys accountable for shitty practices, poor work ethics etc etc and it seems to be continuing this season. I'd say just strip Kopitar of the C and go with rotating A's until this shit stops. He's obviously not the type of leader this team needs.

Reactions: Legionnaire
Jun 30, 2006
Campbell’s trade value is dropping with every start lately, gotta hope he re finds his ceiling soon.

I’m not going to single him out for the loss, that was a classic Kings snoozer. The PP destroyed any possible momentum for a comeback.

It’s almost safe to say that Kempe is officially ruined as a prospect. Dude came into the league doing round the world dekes in the shootout. Now he looks like 2015 Mike Richards when handling the puck. He also skates slower than his brother.

I gave up on watching once I saw Matt Roy throw his arm up in the air to celebrate going down 0-3. I went back to binge watching Succession, which is much more entertaining.

Nothing to be upset about overall. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them beat Edmonton next game.
Development staff/program should be under some scrutiny here. What happened to Ranford’s magic touch with the goaltending?

The leadership in the locker room isn’t helping at all either.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Development staff/program should be under some scrutiny here. What happened to Ranford’s magic touch with the goaltending?

The leadership in the locker room isn’t helping at all either.

I think Dusty Imoo played a big part in Campbell's success, and he left LA to coach for Kunlun Red Star in the KHL

Reactions: Legionnaire

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Didn't watch a second of the game. It has really been nice to see how much more enjoyable life is after ~25 years of needing to watch every game the night it is played.

From the reports, sounds like it is an easy decision to bypass the inflated parking prices due to the Auto Show on Saturday and stay home from the Coyotes game.

As for the leadership on this team, they aren't going to run through a wall at this point. Management told them the plan is to suck. 11 and 8 know that any potential future winning in LA is based upon an influx of young talent: the sooner the better. There will be certain games that they get up for and pride will kick in but Glendale on a Monday night is not that game.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Last Saturday, sure. Carter milestone game and Vegas in town.

Coyotes this Saturday afternoon with offsite parking at the $50 range due to Auto Show in town? No thanks.

I will be going to the game Thursday though just for the McDavid experience.

Ahh, sorry I misunderstood you. Yeah, the autoshow makes it too much of a hassle.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
After watching that, I decided I want to see some good, live hockey. I live 6 miles South of Pepsi Center...time to go to my first Avs game of the year and see Makar and MacKinnon up close...see what hockey can look like. Not that I will ever be an AVS fan...but I am a fan of good hockey too! I take in the 1-2 King games here and about 2-3 other Avs games during the year....last year I was in row 8 and was amazing watching MacKinnon, Rantanen and Landeskog up close. Elite level Power, speed, skill, and ability to finish.
Dude if I lived in around Denver I'd go see those guys all the time. To me, NHL hockey is NHL hockey and Pepsi Center isn't a bad place to spend an evening.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I'm also pressing my luck to get two good Saturday afternoon games in a row. Rolling the dice on Vegas and walking out with a win with all of its ****bag fans there means I should step away from the table and cash out.

I had a kid last year and haven't been to a game since. I'm going to try to take him to a game later this season and am hoping the Kings can show up for it. I suppose I'll have to be reading the tea leaves before picking the game, haha.

Reactions: BigKing

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I had a kid last year and haven't been to a game since. I'm going to try to take him to a game later this season and am hoping the Kings can show up for it. I suppose I'll have to be reading the tea leaves before picking the game, haha.

Odds are low but at least they are currently 6-4 at home. Hopefully they wind up with a decent home record and a horrific road record to help the tank and provide some entertainment for the home fans.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->