GDT: 2019-20 GM#2 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames@6:00pm 10/8/19

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
cut.jpg

Los Angeles Kings (0-1-0, 0pts, 5th in Pacific) :thumbu:@ Calgary Flames(1-1-0, 2pts, 4th in Pacific) :thumbd:
Scotiabank Saddledome| Calgary, AB
TIME: 6:00pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
PREVIOUS MEETINGS

:kings:flames
PP/PK 18th/28th 13th/14th
Faceoffs 9th 15th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points Johnny Gaudreau: 2 goals, 3 assists, 5 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Lines subject to change*
:kings
KI6XiWt.png

JCnslH5.png

0iWrtqr.png

FUeQ1j0.png

Scratched: Joakim Ryan, Kurtis MacDermid, Austin Wagner
Injuries: Derek Forbort

The LA Kings practiced on the carved up Scotiabank Saddledome ice following the Flames’ skate and showed a similar alignment to the one used Saturday, though with Carl Grundstrom appearing to replace Calgary native Austin Wagner on Blake Lizotte’s line.

:flames
BRgTowz.png

t4ihDjr.png

XAxHYL9.png

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The only change has been subbing out Wagner for Grundstrom. The Kempe line is still intact, and I'm still unsure of the defensive pairings actually defending well.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The only change has been subbing out Wagner for Grundstrom. The Kempe line is still intact, and I'm still unsure of the defensive pairings actually defending well.

I gather TM want's to give the lines time together and most of these changes are planned in advance. We obviously saw problems but perhaps giving the guys who earned it in preseason 5 or so games to show how they play when it counts. Then, adjust from there.

It's weird to only see minor changes when last year changes were made constantly because of panic/cluelessness. TM seems to be more of a stable lines guy, especially compared to Sutter and his blender.

Reactions: King'sPawn

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Sitting Wagner in front of his home town team seems odd to me.

Hopefully Roy looks better tonight, he looked like hot garbage in Edmonton.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Not that it matters but LA's record is wrong in the initial graphic. Didn't get a loser point in Deadmonton.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I gather TM want's to give the lines time together and most of these changes are planned in advance. We obviously saw problems but perhaps giving the guys who earned it in preseason 5 or so games to show how they play when it counts. Then, adjust from there.

It's weird to only see minor changes when last year changes were made constantly because of panic/cluelessness. TM seems to be more of a stable lines guy, especially compared to Sutter and his blender.

I agree. I didn't mean to seem like I was lamenting the move. I just don't expect much different from Saturday

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Where does Rittich's rating come from? Guy has been lights out for a while and as playing at an high end/elite level last year before injury.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kopitar with another multi point game
Amadio, Grundstrom, Carter with goals
Bjornfot, Doughty, Hutton, Martinez and Roy have solid games
Quick allows just 1 goal
Brown cranks Vagchuk
Kempe is on the bench reading a dictionary to find out what defense means

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
you guys think reider gets his first since he was a King tonight?

Absolutely. Two, even. It’s a given.

Where does Rittich's rating come from? Guy has been lights out for a while and as playing at an high end/elite level last year before injury.

No, he hasn’t. He hasn’t done anything at any level to suggest he’s more than a backup/1B goalie and his great stretch last year was undone by a stretch so bad he ended with stats that get Quick laughed out of the room. He’s closer to Joni Ortio than Darcy Kuemper.

Edit: 63 might be a little brutal though, I see :laugh:

I’m just a little sensitive to Rittich talk given how many faithful fans were lighting me up talking about him as the sure thing to lead them through the playoffs only for him to wet fart as predicted like every other good-40-game goalie in history. Flames have a long line of those guys since Kipper, not sure why this one was different.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Should be a fun game regardless, we’ll have to outscore our problems again most likely, Gaudreau gets to feed on the corpse of Roy tonight so that’ll be fun, and it’s almost always a pretty emotional game. Kids again with something to prove.

4-3 Calgary, goals from Amadio, Kopitar, Lizotte.

J Smoove

Oct 8, 2015
Would've liked to see MacD tonight but my guess is that TM doesn't want ruin Roy's confidence by sitting him after his poor first game. Looking at the bigger picture, as Jim said last game- which is fine with me.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe

This makes me happy. I'm pretty neutral on Quick, definitely not as down on him as some people on these boards but I like to see Campbell get some games and its good to see that a game where Quick should be very rested and ready to go, the coach is choosing to go with Campbell.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Some thoughts:

1. Really don’t like sitting Wagner. All he’s done his entire time in LA is prove that he belongs in the lineup, plays with heart, and has game breaking speed.

2. Wish MacDermid was subbing in for Roy. I know he had a tough game and you want him to bounce back, but at the same time, maybe sitting him isn’t the worst idea. Especially against a physical team like Calgary.

3. I understand that there’s only been one game, but I suspect that second line isn’t going to produce. If that is the case, I wonder how long they’ll be together, and which vets we will see drop to the fourth line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->