GDT: 2019-20 GM#13 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:30pm 10/30/19

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
LMAO! Did no one tell them it was taken out of context??

giphy.gif

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The sooner this franchise parts with Doughty the better. He’s not doing this team any good anymore. I understand that’s controversial, but I just don’t like what Doughty has morphed into at this stage of his career. If the Kings were still contending, it would be great. But they’re not. They’re a fragile team in the middle of a rebuild, and Doughty is not the kind of veteran presence you want mentoring young prospects.

Plus, he can be sold for an absolute goldmine. I wish Blake had the balls to trade him.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
The sooner this franchise parts with Doughty the better. He’s not doing this team any good anymore. I understand that’s controversial, but I just don’t like what Doughty has morphed into at this stage of his career. If the Kings were still contending, it would be great. But they’re not. They’re a fragile team in the middle of a rebuild, and Doughty is not the kind of veteran presence you want mentoring young prospects.

Plus, he can be sold for an absolute goldmine. I wish Blake had the balls to trade him.

Can't say I disagree, but would hate to see him go. Norris-caliber dmen don't come around often...

I do believe though that most of you who think that Blake just doesn't have the 'balls' to do a trade like this, I think you forget that the franchise still needs to sell tickets and you aren't going to be selling many tickets if you trade away the fan favorites...despite the goldmine that could be acquired.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

that would absolutely nuke ticket sales

i've seen it a million times here as a padres fan in san diego, every homegrown talent gets shipped off and i have absolutely ZERO interest in going to a game

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Trash, why? Cause it makes Doughty look like an idiot?

DD says some pretty stupid **** sometimes, and sometimes it bites him in the ass....this would be one of those.

Trash because someONE from the media misrepresented a quote, and the team is following rank and file to it.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
that would absolutely nuke ticket sales

i've seen it a million times here as a padres fan in san diego, every homegrown talent gets shipped off and i have absolutely ZERO interest in going to a game

It's not just present value either. LA is not a destination most players consider because of the travel. It's so much easier on the East Coast, you can sleep in your own bed most nights. The main thing I hear from the UFA's that do sign here is that the team has tremendous facilities and takes care of the players like no other. Signing guys long term and then trading them potentially damages that perception. It's a little thing but I can guarantee DL's loyalty spiel had a lot to do with Scuderi and Mitchell coming here. It's not like they didn't have options, and the Kings already have to shell out a bit more to convince players to come here.

I think this type of good karma is one reason the Kings always seem to accommodate guys when it's not working out for them. A good reputation in that area is a must if you want to have any chance at all of signing a guy when that rare good fit comes along. The Kings will do what they have to when the situation justifies it, but the only justification in trading Doughty and/or Kopitar would be about how much they make, and the team is the one that signed on for that.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

He has a NMC thru 22-23 and a 7 team trade list after that.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Trash because someONE from the media misrepresented a quote, and the team is following rank and file to it.

Misrepresented how? Doughty wasn’t implying that his team shouldn’t have been streamrolled by a team ‘like that’ as in his team is much better? How else would you like to spin it?

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Misrepresented how? Doughty wasn’t implying that his team shouldn’t have been streamrolled by a team ‘like that’ as in his team is much better? How else would you like to spin it?

He’s referring to the score, not the opponent. I can see how it could be read more than one way.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007

The difference between Vancouver and LA shouldn't be 6 goals. They aren't 6 goals better than us. They shouldn't beat us by 6 goals. Its not an outrageous statement.

At no point did Doughty say his team is any better than Vancouver. That's misrepresentation.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
He’s referring to the score, not the opponent. I can see how it could be read more than one way.

I think he was talking about a combination of both, dude. Regardless, he should have kept comments about the opponent out of it and stuck to the embarrassment of the score. Don't act like Doughty has never put his foot in his mouth....

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
The difference between Vancouver and LA shouldn't be 6 goals. They aren't 6 goals better than us. They shouldn't beat us by 6 goals. Its not an outrageous statement.

At no point did Doughty say his team is any better than Vancouver. That's misrepresentation.

Just like he didn't say that he's a better player than Tkachuk? Who says that shit??

C'mon guys, I'm not a Doughty basher...I love the guy and hope he never changes....but he's a loose cannon with his words. Why are we even debating this?

Reactions: The Butcher

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just like he didn't say that he's a better player than Tkachuk? Who says that ****??

C'mon guys, I'm not a Doughty basher...I love the guy and hope he never changes....but he's a loose cannon with his words. Why are we even debating this?

Because the person who reported the quote was called out by other reporters for taking the quote out of context. And Vancouver fans also said the guy is garbage.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Just like he didn't say that he's a better player than Tkachuk? Who says that ****??

Nobody's debating whether or not Doughty's a loose cannon with his words. Nobody disagrees that Doughty likes to talk.

The topic of discussion is that his comments regarding the 8-2 blowout were misrepresented. A team like that (Vancouver) shouldn't be beating us like that (8-2). Vancouver shouldn't be beating us 8-2. Somehow Vancouver was so insulted by Doughty's assertion that they aren't 6 goals better than us that they made and are selling t-shirts out of it. That's what everyone around here finds amusing.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Nobody's debating whether or not Doughty's a loose cannon with his words. Nobody disagrees that Doughty likes to talk.

The topic of discussion is that his comments regarding the 8-2 blowout were misrepresented. A team like that (Vancouver) shouldn't be beating us like that (8-2). Vancouver shouldn't be beating us 8-2. Somehow Vancouver was so insulted by Doughty's assertion that they aren't 6 goals better than us that they made and are selling t-shirts out of it. That's what everyone around here finds amusing.

So what do you think he was inferring by saying 'like that'? What is like that? Like what...a fellow NHL team? LOL, no f***ing way....he was implying that VAN is basically not a good team and LA shouldn't be beaten by a 'bad team'....he said what he said, now he's gotta eat crow.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
So what do you think he was inferring by saying 'like that'? What is like that? Like what...a fellow NHL team? LOL, no ****ing way....he was implying that VAN is basically not a good team and LA shouldn't be beaten by a 'bad team'....he said what he said, now he's gotta eat crow.

I think it's relatively apparent that he was saying the Kings should not have lost that badly ("like that").

I would bet anyone anything he feels like they shouldn't be losing to *any* team like that (8-2).

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
So what do you think he was inferring by saying 'like that'? What is like that? Like what...a fellow NHL team? LOL, no ****ing way....he was implying that VAN is basically not a good team and LA shouldn't be beaten by a 'bad team'....he said what he said, now he's gotta eat crow.

No he's not. There's a massive amount of real estate between 6 goals better than us and "basically not a good team." He's setting the line at "not 6 goals better" and you're going all the way down to "basically not a good team." That's your inference, not his.

They just beat us 5-3. Did Doughty whine about it? No. Because a team like that probably should be beating us like that.

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017

BLASPHEMY!

(You're right. By the time the Kings are relevant again the talent exchange would probably have been more beneficial to the team. If he would waive his NMC let him go and take the haul while you can).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->