GDT: 2019-20 GM#13 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:30pm 10/30/19

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
as a Canadian kings fan I hate all these "hot takes" against Canada. Point out canuck fans just like you would Shark or Duck. Hate being painted with one brush.
well obviously not you because you post here all the time, it's just like bankerguy and that DL44 guy show up, albeit bankerguy wasn't trying to stir it up the same way DL44 did

it's just like, it's never red wings or avs or stars fans that show up here outside of the playoffs or something, it's always leafs, flames or canucks fans yknow.. like congrats you won a regular season game against a horrible team..... why are you here piling on? it was ridiculous a season or two back when leafs fans showed up en masse

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
We suck but the effort is better than last year and I think we would be a lot better with decent goaltending.

I agree with the effort and the goaltending as a whole so far this year, however last night I thought the team wasted a good game by Quick. Those PP goals were all failed coverage and cross ice/ grad A scoring chances. Plus the non PP goal was a clear cut break away with zero pressure on the Canuck.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Remember that time Kings’ fans crapped all over Vancouver after one meaningless regular season win?

Oh wait that was game one in the 2012 playoffs en route to a Stanley Cup. My mistake.

Reactions: YP44

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Remember that time Kings’ fans crapped all over Vancouver after one meaningless regular season win?

Oh wait that was game one in the 2012 playoffs en route to a Stanley Cup. My mistake.

Canuck fans had been infiltrating Staples Center all season. Canuck fans on hfboards with avatars saying, "Deal With It!" all season long.

Following Game 3 and the Kings going up 3-0 in the series, a Vancouver fan in attendance at Staples Center was yelling, "It takes four guys!". I looked at my kids and asked them, "What's four minus three?". They yelled, "ONE!!" at the guy.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Canuck fans had been infiltrating Staples Center all season. Canuck fans on hfboards with avatars saying, "Deal With It!" all season long.

Following Game 3 and the Kings going up 3-0 in the series, a Vancouver fan in attendance at Staples Center was yelling, "It takes four guys!". I looked at my kids and asked them, "What's four minus three?". They yelled, "ONE!!" at the guy.

The "Deal With It" avatars were 2011, not 2012

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Still plenty of them around in 2011-12. Here I know you will enjoy this one.

They were around in 11-12 because some people don't change avatars until the next playoff push. 2012 playoff avatar theme was the Avengers.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
They were around in 11-12 because some people don't change avatars until the next playoff push. 2012 playoff avatar theme was the Avengers.
Ah, thanks I couldn't remember since you guys were only around for 10-11 days in the playoffs.

Reactions: redcard

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
The best thing about it was that elimination completely broke the Canucks, and they’ve been irrelevant ever since.

:laugh:

But don’t give yourselves too much credit. Boston did all the work the previous summer, the Canucks were already broken and fragile by the time they played the Kings in 2012.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Guilty as charged. And I was running Dwight King until I changed to Kempe that Spring.

I just got rid of my Adrian Kempe "Not NHL Ready?" avatar with flashes of Kopitar drinking Pepto from 2016-2017. Traded it for this beautiful Doug Houda card (it's a looong story). Related: does anyone have a picture of Houda from his Kings stint?

And the jury is still out on Kempe hahaha. . . .

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
:laugh:

But don’t give yourselves too much credit. Boston did all the work the previous summer, the Canucks were already broken and fragile by the time they played the Kings in 2012.

They did win over 50 games and capture the Presidents’ Trophy, and were the 5th highest scoring team and allowed the 4th least amount of goals. I’m sure that Game 7 loss in 2011 was demoralizing, but they were heavily favored over the 8th place Kings in 2012.

Reactions: Faterson

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
The best thing about it was that elimination completely broke the Canucks, and they’ve been irrelevant ever since.

they made the playoffs 2 of the next 3 years, they sucked after because management fired Gillis and Benning is stupid.

Gillis reportedly had many trades in place at the 2014 deadline to rebuild, but ownership nixed them and fired him when the team missed the playoffs.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

I was at game three, too. Place was electric after that Brown on Sedin hit. I’ll never forget that.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
wow that is absolutely pathetic

that's some fresh out of college marketing grad going HEY CAROLINA SOLD SHIRTS LIKE THESE WE CAN TOO

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If you ever need further proof that what Drew Doughty does is effective, let it be known an actual organization is printing Tshirts from a misrepresented quote to pump everyone up.

Me, however, I much prefer this one from Calgary.

72215260_10157337244481971_5243308818124767232_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad