GDT: 2019-20 GM#13 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:30pm 10/30/19

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Doesn’t really what he meant,
... it matters how it was perceived... and you hear Horvat’s own words on it.

Point people are making... No Need.

Reflects even more poorly on the Van media then, creating garbage out of nothing.

Drew digs his own grave many of times, this is not one of them. Media trying too hard, so contrived, maybe on the back of the Calgary game I guess they needed to manufacture something, who knows.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Reflects even more poorly on the Van media then, creating garbage out of nothing.

Drew digs his own grave many of times, this is not one of them.
Well.. in this case the media may of created a greater motivation for the Canucks to show em up again... as said by the captain.

Don’t know know how that shows poorly on media.

Drew planted a seed he didn’t need to. More on Drew than media. The words he chose were clear.. ‘team like that’... What’s else is the media gonna do with a quote like that.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Well.. in this case the media may of created a greater motivation for the Canucks to show em up again... as said by the captain.

Drew planted a seed he didn’t need to. More on Drew than media. The words he chose were clear.. ‘team like that’... What’s else is the media gonna do with a quote like that.
Why are you still mad about a quote made a couple games into the season? Seems pretty weak.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
It wasn't "a team like that" as in "that kind of team". It was "we shouldn't be losing to a team like that" as in "we should not lose in that way". No matter how much better than the Kings any team is, they should not be losing by allowing 8 goals. That is all Doughty was trying to say.
As opposed to losing to what else? Doughty was definitely insulting the Canucks. The quote doesn't make any sense otherwise.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
As opposed to losing to what else? Doughty was definitely insulting the Canucks. The quote doesn't make any sense otherwise.
I agree with the notion that Drew meant they shouldn’t of been blown out by by us. Which was true at the time. He was right.
It was fine that they lost... but they shouldn’t of lost 8-2.

That’s what I also believe he meant. HOWEVER.... how they perceive in the locker room on the other hand.....

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
A week ago, Carter would gain no interest and Toffoli would.

Carter scores a couple of goals & Top Titty is sitting in the pressbox and suddenly its the other way around.

Some of you guys are annoyingly bipolar.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Really? You don't know how misrepresenting shows poorly on the media?

I agree with the notion that Drew meant they shouldn’t of been blown out by by us. Which was true at the time. He was right.
It was fine that they lost... but they shouldn’t of lost 8-2.

That’s what I also believe he meant. HOWEVER.... how they perceive in the locker room on the other hand.....

Drew has issues on his own. Reporters coming through and snipping 5% of his quote to create controversy where none exists isn't on him.

I don't think the Canucks should need motivation from a basement team 1/8 of the way into the season, but if that's what it takes, I guess...

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hutton, Walker and Forbort should provide NHL level D at the 4/5/6 spot. Throw MacD as a #7 too. Ryan and Roy are AHL guys.

It’s the 2/3 spots that are the issue. We’re all praying that Bjornfot and Anderson are the answers there.

Doughty-Bjornfot
Anderson-Walker
Forbort-Roy

even feels better immediately. Won't be mistaken for the best D in the league but also won't be the f***ing clown show we currently see.

I'm really disappointed in Martinez, he has fallen off a cliff with the over-responsibility.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Doughty-Bjornfot
Anderson-Walker
Forbort-Roy

even feels better immediately. Won't be mistaken for the best D in the league but also won't be the ****ing clown show we currently see.

I'm really disappointed in Martinez, he has fallen off a cliff with the over-responsibility.

I think Martinez getting the minutes of a 5/6 spot is where he is at now. Overpaid, but right now overplayed. He’s already lost his spot on PP2 to Walker.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Defense is trash, Team is so freaking soft.
Yep. Send Roy down, just dont see it with him. Give LaWho his farewell tour. I know Clifford fought Ferland early but jesus christ dude how about trying to spur the team on again once were down? Just make it a hugfest if you dont really want to fight. Like dont these guys get pissed about losing?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Got me a Wisconsin Hockey Sweatshirt, when is the next Badger game broadcast?

Badgers are playing today against Cole Hults and Penn State. Don't think this game is on tv, but might be available online to watch.

If you're wondering about the fox sports west/prime ticket broadcast then the next one is November 15th

Reactions: fsanford

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
well I didn't think LA would miss Forbort as much as they do. That PK was terrible last night. Ruined a good game by Quick.

The refs called everything very ticky tacky last night on both side. Kudos to Vancouver for being able to capitalize where as LA could not.

5 vs 5 I liked for the most part, however the flow of the games was killed

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
what is it with the canadian teams' fans showing up on our forum because they won a meaningless game

weird

as a Canadian kings fan I hate all these "hot takes" against Canada. Point out canuck fans just like you would Shark or Duck. Hate being painted with one brush.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad