GDT: 2019-20 GM#13 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:30pm 10/30/19

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Sorry. Not cool insulting another team in the media.
i agree. pro's shouldnt insult other teams like that. You can say a play was dirty or a call was bad...but dissing a whole team is poor form. Karma slap tonight

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

i agree. pro's shouldnt insult other teams like that. You can say a play was dirty or a call was bad...but dissing a whole team is poor form. Karma slap tonight

He didn't.

Not going to go over this again. Van media selectively misrepresented--some even completely inaccurately quoted--the quote. Some people apparently bought it hook, line, and sinker.

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Got to not take stupid penalties
Got to finish our scoring chances
Got to not give the other team so many opportunities

Every coach interview this year.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Staggering amount of suck here! #woekingswoe

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 10.38.24 PM.png

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
He didn't.

Not going to go over this again. Van media selectively misrepresented--some even completely inaccurately quoted--the quote. Some people apparently bought it hook, line, and sinker.
could be, i only saw a 3 second clip where he said, "a team like that shouldnt beat us" or something like that. i admit, that could be shown/edited out of context

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
He said a team like that shouldn’t be scoring eight goals against them. Apparently Canadians find those comments to be highly inappropriate.
any fan base would be pissed when a player uses "a team like that" wording...being Canadian has nothing to do with it lol

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
any fan base would be pissed when a player uses "a team like that" wording...being Canadian has nothing to do with it lol

Right, but that's why it was misrepresented.

The full quote was clearly Doughty criticizing the Kings for losing 8-2 because he felt they should defend better, not because of any feelings on Vancouver at all. But one idiot in the media ran with it and all the others picked it up. Dishonest soundbite.

Even Rosen and Dillman--our local writers who never, ever say anything otherwise--called the schmuck out on it and he got defensive and upset and doubled down, even when he admitted he directly quoted a paraphrase. Zero journalistic standards and got everyone riled up about nothing for clicks because Drew Doughty.

Jericho111091

Dec 18, 2014
Paramount Ca
It wasn't "a team like that" as in "that kind of team". It was "we shouldn't be losing to a team like that" as in "we should not lose in that way". No matter how much better than the Kings any team is, they should not be losing by allowing 8 goals. That is all Doughty was trying to say.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Right, but that's why it was misrepresented.

The full quote was clearly Doughty criticizing the Kings for losing 8-2 because he felt they should defend better, not because of any feelings on Vancouver at all. But one idiot in the media ran with it and all the others picked it up. Dishonest soundbite.

Even Rosen and Dillman--our local writers who never, ever say anything otherwise--called the schmuck out on it and he got defensive and upset and doubled down.
ya i see what u mean 100%

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
I recorded the game and just watched it. I was looking forward to seeing Grundstrom on line 1 and showing up and he did. Involved physically and good net presence...he was skating well and
looked good. I will have to eat crow that I said Carter was done last year...but he was done last year....but has regained some of his lost speed and more engaged than last year. He was not great last game,
but makes sense to leave this new line #1 intact. Iafallo and Brown will have to get their games going again....Iafallo does nothing on the PP. Nothing. Some PP's, he does not even get one touch...and it's
not like he's that great in front of the net...he will get the odd deflection here and there, though.

I was also looking forward to seeing Amadio with Prokhorkin and Kovalchuk, like the projected lines from this morning...only to be disappointed that Lewis was in! Amadio does need to
get going, but he's not a 4th line center...Lizotte cannot produce much and should be 4C and move Amadio up...and sit Lewis. Toffoli should take a cue from Kempe cutting his hair and
should cut those curls clean off.

The tank is on?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

So you guys don’t know what he actually said, then?

Drew Doughty, on whether it was hard to “park” Tuesday’s game and emotion:

I mean, I ain’t going to park it. It’s just embarrassing. I mean, a team like that should not be beating a team like ours 8-2. There’s actually no way. I know they had a lot of energy right off the bat because it’s their home opener and they had their whole ordeal with the captain and whatever. But we had chances to come back, and then we just gave up a goal right after we scored a goal. It was a bad team effort by everyone on this team, I thought.

No team should be beating any team in this league 8-2. It wasn’t a shot at the Canucks. He was frustrated about how terrible the Kings have been playing.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
What was is that he said that was insulting? Me thinks you’re being a bit too sensitive if you found Doughty’s words to be insulting.

He didn't.

Doesn’t really what he meant,
... it matters how it was perceived... and you hear Horvat’s own words on it.

Point people are making... No Need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->