GDT: 2019-20 GM#1 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 10/5/19

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
yes, CGY can easily be a wide open game as well given their goaltending, that's why i pointed to NSH VGK because they are solid trap-like teams with elite goaltending and defense

those are good tests to have early in the season but yeah overall it's a big week for LA
if we lose all 3 but Big Mac KO's Reeves and Vagchuk i'd be kinda happy lol

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Geez, it’s one game. Yes, he wasn’t good, but he’s young and will make mistakes. I’m sure he’s not happy with his performance in game 1, but you can’t just banish him to the cornfield. Don’t even bring up Dion. Last year, he was horrible. His career is over, Roy’s is just starting. If he keeps making mistakes, he’ll get sent to Ontario.

context...we said his game was brutal. didn't say anything about the roster moving forward.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
God damnit Drew. I love you but till you prove last year was a blip you cannot say this ****. Especially as our D is so porous that Tkachuk is likely to get at least one golden opportunity tomorrow.

Canadian media is playing it up and asking both guys directly, so.

I'd say Doughty's game is just fine, he broke even with McDavid, who had 4 points on the night, and the only one 97 got with Drew out there was the pickpocket where no one else was covering anyone.

Totally fine with harmless chirping when he backs it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: crassbonanza

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Canadian media is playing it up and asking both guys directly, so.

I'd say Doughty's game is just fine, he broke even with McDavid, who had 4 points on the night, and the only one 97 got with Drew out there was the pickpocket where no one else was covering anyone.

Totally fine with harmless chirping when he backs it up.

my fear is it won't be backed up.

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
my fear is it won't be backed up.

It won't matter.

Everyone will hyperfocus on the one bad play he makes despite killer minutes and ignore everything else.

See: Edmonton the other night. Led the Kings in d-zone faceoffs, 33% in the ozone, spent more than half his time against McDavid despite EDM's last matchup including PK time and held him to one goal. Scored a PP goal of his own.

Should be a testament to how good McDavid is but instead people will find a way to mock Drew.

The default state of things right now is "Drew is overrated" and confirmation bias using 10 seconds of play rules every discussion.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
It won't matter.

Everyone will hyperfocus on the one bad play he makes despite killer minutes and ignore everything else.

See: Edmonton the other night. Led the Kings in d-zone faceoffs, 33% in the ozone, spent more than half his time against McDavid despite EDM's last matchup including PK time and held him to one goal. Scored a PP goal of his own.

Should be a testament to how good McDavid is but instead people will find a way to mock Drew.

The default state of things right now is "Drew is overrated" and confirmation bias using 10 seconds of play rules every discussion.
I had some bozo keep telling me I was “reeling” because McDavid “shredded” the Kings with his 4 points. Meanwhile Kopitar beat mcdavid’s ass to the net and scored a goal on the way to a 3 point night of his own.

That kid is going to get his ass kicked in Jr. High. A lot.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I had some bozo keep telling me I was “reeling” because McDavid “shredded” the Kings with his 4 points. Meanwhile Kopitar beat mcdavid’s ass to the net and scored a goal on the way to a 3 point night of his own.

That kid is going to get his ass kicked in Jr. High. A lot.

I mean, I'm impressed. I'm not going to say I'm not. I'm thoroughly impressed with McDavid and I think he's reached another level.

But you won't hear anyone pump Anze's tires for his 3 points and +1 head-to-head or Drew holding him down as well. All you'll hear and see the rest of the year is the one stick check McDavid had on Drew.

Reactions: Bandit
Jul 31, 2005
CA
Maybe this group needs some hostility to prevent coming out flat? Did sugar free Red Bull sponsor the team yet?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Maybe this group needs some hostility to prevent coming out flat? Did sugar free Red Bull sponsor the team yet?

they looked like they hadn't played in 8 days against a team who played a few days before. Still kept up with them most of the night until that bs hold call on walker that Mcjesus sold. I really loved his arms flailing around to sell it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad