GDT: 2019-20 GM#1 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 10/5/19

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
cut.jpg

Los Angeles Kings (0-0-0, 0pts, 4th in Pacific) :thumbu:@ Edmonton Oilers(1-0-0, 2pts, 2nd in Pacific) :thumbd:
Rogers Place| Edmonton, AB
TIME: 7:00pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

QUICK STATS
PREVIOUS MEETINGS

:kings:edmonton
PP/PK
Faceoffs
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 22 goals, 38 assists, 60 points. *previous seasonConnor McDavid: 41 goals, 75 assists, 116 points *previous season
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Lines subject to change*
:kings
KI6XiWt.png

YP59A1o.png

0iWrtqr.png

FUeQ1j0.png

Scratched: Joakim Ryan, Kurtis MacDermid, Carl Grundstrom
Injuries: Derek Forbort

:edmonton

OXN3Q6b.png

TWL1612.png

dHr0O50.png

Injuries: Adam Larsson, Tomas Jurco, Riley Sheahan, Joel Persson

First GDT of the new season! Let me know what you think of the GDT and if there's anything questions, comments, concerns or suggestions l​

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Oh hell yeah. Hockey’s back. Suck one, Oilers.

Besides the top line, this Edmonton team sucks.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Hey Kingsboy, sorry that I’m old school, but where did you get the ratings on the players? Are they stagnant or will they change through the year?

BTW, like the new look!

Reactions: kingsboy11

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Oh I thought we weren't going to be playing this season.

Well, let's see what happens I guess.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Hey Kingsboy, sorry that I’m old school, but where did you get the ratings on the players? Are they stagnant or will they change through the year?

BTW, like the new look!

Thanks! So the ratings are based on their stats in the game mode Hockey Ultimate Team in the NHL 20 game that got released a few weeks ago. Now I don't think very highly of these games so I adjusted the ratings as I saw fit. Like it had Wagner's speed at like 84 and I was like that's not even remotely close to being true. :laugh: And I had to create ratings for some of the newer guys like Lizotte, Roy and Hutton because they weren't in the system yet.

Now NHL 20 does release new kind of "cards" throughout the season, but it took a while to manually make each one so I can't be bothered to adjust them as the year goes by. :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Great GDT @kingsboy11 !!! Woohoo hockey officially feels back instead of feeling relegated.

I'm going to miss it live as I have a fundraiser event tonight :( but watching after.

Defending against McDabid and Draisaitl is a really rough NHL debut for an 18 year-old rookie defenseman.

It sure is--yet I believe his skating is a great asset against McDavid even if his size is a detriment vs. Draisaitl. What better way to figure out where he is?? Your first assignment is the best player in the NHL, let's go.

Reactions: kingsboy11

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Great GDT @kingsboy11 !!! Woohoo hockey officially feels back instead of feeling relegated.

I'm going to miss it live as I have a fundraiser event tonight :( but watching after.

It sure is--yet I believe his skating is a great asset against McDavid even if his size is a detriment vs. Draisaitl. What better way to figure out where he is?? Your first assignment is the best player in the NHL, let's go.
Nonetheless, I will try a reverse jinx:
"Welcome to the NHL kid" as CM blows right around him to score.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Over/under on number of times McDavid splits the Kings defense?

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
That's quite the defense the Oilers are icing

Sure does look weak! Adam Larsson is injured, of course. The past 2 drafts, they took Evan Bouchard and Philip Broberg...so their future blueline looks better....but for tonight, looks pretty shoddy on paper.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Looking at the lineup, if guys like Lizotte, Amadio, Bjornfot, Roy and Hutton can be quality NHLers for us, it adds a tremendous amount of unexpected depth. Couple that with a rebound year from some of the vets and you may have something.

I'm still skeptical of Lizotte and having an 18 year old Bjornfot on the top D pairing, but I'm hoping they prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->