Removed from 2018's list
Hart, CarterNHL
Stolarz, AnthonyTraded to EDM on 2/16/2019
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I have high hopes for Felix still, but it's hard to argue against what Ersson accomplished at his age in his league. I believe it was the best season ever by an 18 year old goalie in Allvenskan (1.95 GAA. - .933 Save Perctange).

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/292581/samuel-ersson

There is an argument to be made it was THE best season in Allsvenskan history by a goalie. Considering the team he was on.

He won junior of the year, goalie of the year, and MVP!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There is an argument to be made it was THE best season in Allsvenskan history by a goalie. Considering the team he was on.

He won junior of the year, goalie of the year, and MVP!

That's pretty insane! Hopefully he can build on it with Brynas this year. How do you think they will split the starts between he and Eriksson?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
That's pretty insane! Hopefully he can build on it with Brynas this year. How do you think they will split the starts between he and Eriksson?

Right now looking like Eriksson will get the majority... but I would guess by years end Ersson plays at least 20 games or so.

But they want to win. If Ersson gets a few games of good play in a row and Eriksson falters then it will be Ersson's job.

Tonight is a big game. Eriksson has not been exactly good so far in his two starts and it is THE local derby. If Eriksson has a bad game Ersson will get a chance to have a few in a row maybe.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I have Ersson ahead of Sandstrom, and off last season and this year's start Fedotov

Fedovov had a .929 S% in the VHL, and in 7 KHL games from end of last year and start of this year, .943 S%.
He's 6'8, so it's not surprising it took him longer to put it together, but if he continues to play this way, could be our top goalie prospect by the end of the year.
He doesn't turn 23 until November 28.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
No need to complicate things. Despite Ersson's incredible season and recent glow up, it is still Sandstrom. He went through a tough couple injuries and still maintained his amazing quickness and athleticism. Two fantastic goalie prospects and in goalie speak, the two of them are a perfect 1A and 1B.

edit: also save percentage doesn't tell the full story on goalie prospects

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
No need to complicate things. Despite Ersson's incredible season and recent glow up, it is still Sandstrom. He went through a tough couple injuries and still maintained his amazing quickness and athleticism. Two fantastic goalie prospects and in goalie speak, the two of them are a perfect 1A and 1B.

Agreed, it's a coin flip for me, but I went Felix first.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Well 1B and 1C here because to be the man you got to beat the man who was just removed from the prospect list :)

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Predicting the development of goaltenders is some kind of black magic Voodoo thing to me that I don't even try any more.

Sandstrom, Ersson, Ustimenko and to some degree Fedotov all have the upside to become dominant NHL goaltenders. But it's a long way to even earn a shot. I'd be happy if at least one of them can establish himself as an NHL regular at some point.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Don't shoot the messenger, but Pronman just published a re-draft of 2018. He put Ersson in the first round (#30) after not ranking him at all last year.

Pronman: Re-ranking the NHL Draft Class of 2018

Pretty nice value for the 143rd pick.

About last night, I seem to recall Hart getting roughed up early in a few games last season. I still like him just fine. :thumbu:

Reactions: Here4ThaList

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Don't shoot the messenger, but Pronman just published a re-draft of 2018. He put Ersson in the first round (#30) after not ranking him at all last year.

Pronman: Re-ranking the NHL Draft Class of 2018

Pretty nice value for the 143rd pick.

About last night, I seem to recall Hart getting roughed up early in a few games last season. I still like him just fine. :thumbu:

Kept Merkley at 19, still higher than he was drafted. :laugh:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
A healthy Sandstrom is a weapon. Ersson may end up better, and that would be great, but Sandstrom has proved more at higher levels. So far.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
That gap is now even wider.

Scouts flying over said gap:
canyon-spirit-tour-lg1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad