Prospect Info: 2019-20 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #28

Who is the Flyers #28 SKATER prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If I somehow lose my poll making privileges for a while, somehow will have to finish off the last two skater polls, and the five goalie polls.

Ersson, Samuel
Fedotov, Ivan
Ross, Roddy
Sandstrom, Felix
Tomek, Matej
Ustimenko, Kirill
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
If I somehow lose my poll making privileges for a while, somehow will have to finish off the last two skater polls, and the five goalie polls.

Ersson, Samuel
Fedotov, Ivan
Ross, Roddy
Sandstrom, Felix
Tomek, Matej
Ustimenko, Kirill
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Are we not considering Hart a prospect anymore? /sarcasm
(Myers and Morin shade being thrown.)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Ersson, Samuel
Fedotov, Ivan
Ross, Roddy
Sandstrom, Felix
Tomek, Matej
Ustimenko, Kirill
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
expecting something are we?

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

Ersson, Samuel
Fedotov, Ivan
Ross, Roddy
Sandstrom, Felix
Tomek, Matej
Ustimenko, Kirill
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Shoot me a message if you need this taken over.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Why do you think I went missing for 3 weeks? ;)

I may had had my hand slapped.

I figured you were over in Finland doing some scouting since the Flyers don't want to do it themselves. :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I really don't want to see Laberge finish in our top 30. We need a campaign of early posts in the next two threads to keep him out. I'd do it, but I'm busy washing my hair.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sushko may have international experience with some country we've never heard of, but Twarynski outplayed him at the same age in juniors.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Sushko may have international experience with some country we've never heard of, but Twarynski outplayed him at the same age in juniors.

At age 19, Twarynski had 43 points in 64 games. Sushko had 60 points in 60 games at age 18. Twarynski was an overager in his last junior year.

Since you’ve said you don’t watch the CHL, Sushko is a more naturally talented player. In a relative sense. Twarynski just fed off usage with top Kelowna players. Sushko, again, is not a world beater. But he’s got similar size and better hands and is smarter. He’s nowhere close to being in the NHL. But neither is Twarynski.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
At age 19, Twarynski had 43 points in 64 games. Sushko had 60 points in 60 games at age 18. Twarynski was an overager in his last junior year.

Since you’ve said you don’t watch the CHL, Sushko is a more naturally talented player. In a relative sense. Twarynski just fed off usage with top Kelowna players. Sushko, again, is not a world beater. But he’s got similar size and better hands and is smarter. He’s nowhere close to being in the NHL. But neither is Twarynski.
To be fair, Sushko is 9 months older than Twarynski in their corresponding years. And in Sushko’s 19 year old season he regressed to 51 points in 62 games. Usually not a good sign to see that kind of regression at 19.

Twarynski was only 3 months older than Sushko’s 19 y/o season when Twarynski hit 72 pts (45 goals) in 68 games.

Sushko certainly is a more naturally skilled player. My late father loved him at the WJC, & he had a great eye. I wouldn’t argue with anyone who ranks him above Twarynski. I just think Twarynski has more of the kind of jam to his game that leads to 4th line potential. In reality probably neither will play many NHL games.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Sushko is definitely more talented but Twar probably has an easier path to the NHL due to being a potential candidate for one of those pointless 4th line agitator roles.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Twarynski has shown a high motor, now his problem last year was after he was sent down, he went into a funk for a while (so did Vorobyev).
Sushko hasn't shown me much yet and looks kinda thicker this year, that may have slowed him a little.

But they'll both have plenty of time in LHV to show their stuff or lack of such.
Sushko will have to prove himself 4th line capable to sniff PT in Philly, he's not beating out the more offensively talented forwards (Frost, Farabee, Ratcliffe, Rubtsov, Kase, Allison/Laczynski, JOB, Brink)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Twarynski is good on the boards. That’s a good trait to have when you’re talking about 4th line tier prospects, particularly because he can move pretty well.

Bunnaman may have passed him, though. Even bigger, & his skating is much improved.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The good news is we're trying to figure out where in the 20s our 4th line forward prospects should be ranked.
In the past, the problem was ranking them between 6 and 10.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Twarynski’s last year in Junior was his 4th year. He didn’t play an extra season. I don’t get why being born in November rather than January should matter for judging his potential as prospect.

Would Strome have been in the AHL last year if he was born one week earlier? Of course not. He needed the benefit of 4 years development in the CHL like almost every 3rd and 4th rounder does.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is not the kind of support I was looking for. Go wash your hair and think about what you've done.
Forgive me.

7a48f2159f526d9f6eea0b381ccc187c.png

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->