10. O'Brien, Jay - 38%
11. Zamula, Yegor - 41%
12. Hogberg, Linus - 27%
13. Laczynski, Tanner - 43%
14. Vorobyev, Mikhail - 33%
15. Kalynuk, Wyatt - 42%
16. Cates, Noah - 41%
17. Kase, David - 26%
18. Friedman, Mark - 20% (RUNOFF winner)
19. Aube-Kubel, Nicolas - 38%
20. Attard, Ronnie - 26%
21. St. Ivany, Jack - 31%
22. Bunnaman, Connor - 50%
23. Strome, Matthew - 45%
24. Millman, Mason - 47%
25. Serdyuk, Yegor - 36%

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Twarynski is a bit underrated, like Wylie, he's a back of the roster prospect but has a slightly better track record (good CHL numbers, good TC showing, decent but not eye opening AHL play).

However, I'm sticking with Ginning just to piss off Striiker.
More seriously, he's got the most upside if he grows up and can use that big body effectively.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Brodzinski makes me thing of Westfalt.

Laberge is more the long shot than the upside play, he's the ultimate "box of chocolates" prospect.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
How about
latest

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Laberge is the pick here.

But Ginning will win this one because everyone else is too spread out and his ravenous fans are organized.

Now I know what it felt like for those musicians to be playing as the Titanic sunk...

The water looks cold. :(

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Just remember that Maxim Sushko had 8 points in 6 games at the WJC 2 years ago. Captain of his team. And played at the World Championships. Enviable international credentials.

That's odd. I was told that small sample sizes in that tournament were of terrible import, due to playing against similar caliber of players and not feasting on lower level competition. Strange how he hasnt gotten the same level of hype as someone who didnt even perform as well as him.

Id also like to note that i voted for Sush in the last spot, and will continue to do so in this one.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Unfortunately, Sushko didn't build on that success, 51 points in 62 games in the CHL in your PD +2 season is not going to get you much attention.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Just remember that Maxim Sushko had 8 points in 6 games at the WJC 2 years ago. Captain of his team. And played at the World Championships. Enviable international credentials.
Really great point. Sweden & Belarus are very comparable, & Sushko has rare size, plays a premium position, & had logged over 70 games in the 3rd best professional league on the globe after his 18/19 year old season. :rolleyes:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sounds like what youre really saying is, is that small sample sizes mean absolutely dick all.

No, that they're a datum, and should be taken in context with the rest of a player's career.
Rubtsov having a good start in the AHL doesn't mean he's NHL ready, but it does alleviate some concern about his previous struggles.

And sometimes players are just anomalies.

Raffl had some fine international play, put up big numbers in Austria and Switzerland, but at 23 could only make it to Allsvenskan where he put up 39g 10-13 23, and 1 point in 6 SHL playoff games. Who would have considered him a legitimate prospect at that point?
Next season 49g 24-22 46, then 6 points in 10 SHL PO games with a +7.
At 25 he came to Philly.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Laberge is the pick here.

But Ginning will win this one because everyone else is too spread out and his ravenous fans are organized.

Now I know what it felt like for those musicians to be playing as the Titanic sunk...

The water looks cold. :(
This is what storming Area 51 is going to feel like. 10 days bois!

Reactions: Striiker

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No, that they're a datum, and should be taken in context with the rest of a player's career.
Rubtsov having a good start in the AHL doesn't mean he's NHL ready, but it does alleviate some concern about his previous struggles.

And sometimes players are just anomalies.

Raffl had some fine international play, put up big numbers in Austria and Switzerland, but at 23 could only make it to Allsvenskan where he put up 39g 10-13 23, and 1 point in 6 SHL playoff games. Who would have considered him a legitimate prospect at that point?
Next season 49g 24-22 46, then 6 points in 10 SHL PO games with a +7.
At 25 he came to Philly.

When those games are against the top competition in the world in that age group, rather than against teams filled with players who'll never sniff the AHL, they tend to reveal a bit more about the player.

Your words, my friend. So the small sample size isn't indicative for future performance for Sush (and the original 'anomaly' in Puljujarvi), but it is a good way to judge Frost, who "did not jump out" compared to Farabee.

So in this context, we're comfortable asserting that Farabee is a better fit than Frost based on 6 games of performance as opposed the the 200+ hes played in the OHL at an elite level. Yet, Sushkos 2 seasons in the OHL that were subpar were enough to discount his 6 games at the WJC?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Your words, my friend. So the small sample size isn't indicative for future performance for Sush (and the original 'anomaly' in Puljujarvi), but it is a good way to judge Frost, who "did not jump out" compared to Farabee.

So in this context, we're comfortable asserting that Farabee is a better fit than Frost based on 6 games of performance as opposed the the 200+ hes played in the OHL at an elite level. Yet, Sushkos 2 seasons in the OHL that were subpar were enough to discount his 6 games at the WJC?

Peck, peck, peck.

Frost had a big CHL season, Farabee had a big rookie NCAA season, now how do you compare . . .

What the WJC showed was different styles of play, Farabee already plays like a NHL player (does everything, skates well, goes to dirty areas, fights for puck in traffic, great defensive instincts) while Frost is more of a CHL player (plays in space, more skill than instinct). Doesn't mean Farabee is the better player (for who, for what) but that his skill set is a better fit in the bottom six.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
It’s nearly Ginning time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->