Line Combos: 2019-20 Fix the D and add Panarin

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Bowman had some comments about Panarin in a long-form interview on the Spittin Chiclets podcast, which posted last night.

I posted them in the “Fire Bowman” thread.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
They are question marks for sure but that goes with rebuilding. You just can't buy your way out of rebuild anymore but Panarin could be our Hossa signing this time around.

20-19-12
72-17-88
24-EB-11
40-64-84

2-28
42-IM
AB-5

This lineup has a lot of potential and that is not adding Sikura or the Russians or our high 1st from this year.

That lineup is quite possible. And a far cry from this season's dumpster fire. Gotta have hope, amirite?

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
The Penguins now have a ton of LD after the Sprong trade. I'd be looking at a deal around Oleksiak if we can.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Are 2 and 7 fixable?

I do not need to quote stats...you eye test tells all..you all know they have reply declined off their prime years ..falling way over the cliff.

And yet.....Amazingly for Keith:
Just -1....

I say "just" because we all know how horrid he has been playing. ..

Then amazingly compare to thesee much higher paid stars:

Hedman -3 (20 GP) on a much better TB team than Keith is on. ..

Doughty ...-8 on a team rival g the Hawks for talent and depth droughts. ..

Karlsson...-11 on a better SJ team than Keith is working with in Chicago..

Somehow...despite the putrid Ness of his play ..he still is "just" -1 ...

Amazing...thought he would be minus in the teens ...we hardly score and we give up lots..

The moral of this info is that it Could Be Worse ..his stats make him look more defensively competent than his actual play.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
One of the biggest complaints I have with our D is that they hardly ever use the body to stop the opps.

Now I had blamed Q for several years for his stick-check only policy with the D...but it has not changed withe JC...still feebly waiting the stick only to try to stop opposition attacks ...

Interesting take on "today's NHL" and hitting going the way of the dodo ...On the latest Halls Talk podcast on NBC Sports Chicago you had Boden Mayers and Roumeliotis discussing the Hawks ...and I think it was Mayers who chimed in on his view that now defending in this fast NHL leaves no room for anymore hittingby down. .

I said to myself: WHAT?

I agree..to go out of your way to pound guys is risking leaving position and leaving a guy wide open as a result ..Guys are too fast to get open if you leave your spit to go make a big hit...BUT:

What about simply using your body to stop guys with the puck from releasing shots ..to stop rushes before they continue the okay to score...to impede guys who otherwise would get clear path to our net?

it seems all our D soesvis we've sticks at puck carriers with little effectiveness in stopping the play by knocking pucks off their
Sticks ...often our feeble. Stick-check attempts fail and the oops go right by us or through us and we are left confused as to how easy they got past us to our net ...Also by feebly stick-checking at our crease it seems we never defend serums well cause our sticks do not knock pucks away or we cannot even find a loose puck to whack away ...And we hardly ever stop the play from behind our net when they pass it out for a quick shot at our net .i/ we engaged pu k carriers or guys invite cress with our bodies ,this should be a lot more effective I stopping g and busting g up play Co tinuatio than the failing gflailing stick check..but instead our bodies hit nothing and they go around though or right past our stick check attempts. IT is like watching 98 lb weakiings trying to stop rushing bulls...we part the WY and let them through ..WY to easy for them.

Nobody wants to engage with their bodies I the way ..might get hurt..

This is a surrender to softness ..

So let me disagree with Mayers..there is a place for hitting ..not the BIG HIT that you go 15 feet out of your way to make to hurt the opps ircscarecth ..that I agree is taboo..but rather simply using your body to get in their path or to engage with them again st the boards ...It cannot be just pure stick-checking. THAT does not work..if is you check with your body..not the Big HIT ..but still a former of hitting because your body stops the
the play from continuing ...busts up their tI mong and their pass opportunities ..

We can't "just" do stick-check defense.

Reactions: TheSting

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
I can just see it now. The sharks give 50 feedback to which he responds with nothing but a mispronounced repeat what he just said addressing nothing and Sting just say "Bruh".

no need to be jelly cause you missed out...

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
someone still sounds bitter Panarin is not signing with the Blackhawks....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad