I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Norfolk-Admirals-Forever-Alone.png

Reactions: Woo Hockey

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Nobody wants Norfolk. Honestly, I think there's something about the organization that just turns away affiliation possibilities.

Even back in the AHL days there were a lot of whispers about teams not liking the amenities at the Scope. It's more likely that would be the issue considering how many ownership groups they've had in recent history.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Even back in the AHL days there were a lot of whispers about teams not liking the amenities at the Scope. It's more likely that would be the issue considering how many ownership groups they've had in recent history.

The Scope is a very old venue, and hasn't had a real renovation in years, aside from a minor update earlier this decade. The oldest ECHL arenas have gotten substantial updates over the years (especially the oldest arena in the league, Indiana Farmers Coliseum), and given the funky design of the Scope, a more cookie cutter replacement would likely be in store than a total overhaul.

Reactions: 210

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Looking at AHL affiliations to determine unofficial secondary affiliations

Teams who have exclusively used one ECHL "affiliate"

Florida Panthers - Grenville Swamp Rabbits
Los Angeles Kings - Fort Wayne Komets
Anaheim Ducks - Tulsa Oilers
Columbus Blue Jackets - Jacksonville IceMen - merely a tendency, not an unofficial affiliation

Canadiens and Sharks have been all over the place.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
no guarantee Vegas would've retained that affiliation, Orleans/Henderson ISN'T exactly closer to Fort Wayne than San Antonio was to the Blues
Thanks. But if VGK wanted to maintain a three-tier development/rehab/parking spot arrangement, who else was available as an ECHL affiliate? Diminishing options.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Thanks. But if VGK wanted to maintain a three-tier development/rehab/parking spot arrangement, who else was available as an ECHL affiliate? Diminishing options.
most likely that was the internal discussions independent of the primary affiliation which they now own/operate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad