ECHL Affiliations

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Any news on the bruins and Atlanta yet.
I have not heard anything yet about next season's affiliation. I heard there was a deal in place with Nashville, but obviously it must have fallen through.
The AHL is never going south of the Mason/Dixon line beyond Carolina. The Carolina Monarchs (remember them?) and Charlotte Checkers are pretty much as far south as the AHL are willing to go in the league, so we'll never see the league in Florida or Georgia.
At one point, before the AHL western expansion happened, there were conversations about moving Atlanta, Florida, and Orlando up to the AHL. I don't know who would have moved down, but that was an idea on the table so I would not completely rule it out, however unlikely it may be.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I have not heard anything yet about next season's affiliation. I heard there was a deal in place with Nashville, but obviously it must have fallen through.

At one point, before the AHL western expansion happened, there were conversations about moving Atlanta, Florida, and Orlando up to the AHL. I don't know who would have moved down, but that was an idea on the table so I would not completely rule it out, however unlikely it may be.
If Tampa Florida or Nashville buy any of those echl teams they are bound to be Ahl markets sooner or later.

Growlers

Go Growlers!
Dec 9, 2017

Attachments

• D9R61dfUcAAIc7a.jpeg
    D9R61dfUcAAIc7a.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
RUMOR: Carolina going to affiliate with Greenville. Announcement coming very soon.

Source: Carolina Hurricanes: Rumored ECHL Affiliation To Be Made

Makes a TON of sense.

More than likely Carolina will go to Greenville and Boston is staying in Atlanta for another year

My wife and I are already planning a "Pucks and Pints" trip down to Greenville and Charlotte if this happens. A friend of mine from high school and her husband own a craft brewery in Greenville (and they have a solid beer scene anyway). I haven't been to a hockey game in Greenville since the days of the Palmetto Cup rivalry between the Inferno, the Stingrays, the Pride, and the Grrrowl.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Could really give a nice boost to the The Road Warriors.

I think you mean Swamp Rabbits. They haven't been Road Warriors in 4 years. Also not sure if it really would be a boost. One thing the Hurricanes have historically been terribad at is any sort of outreach into South Carolina. This would be the first real move the team's taken to do anything of that sort.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I think you mean Swamp Rabbits. They haven't been Road Warriors in 4 years. Also not sure if it really would be a boost. One thing the Hurricanes have historically been terribad at is any sort of outreach into South Carolina. This would be the first real move the team's taken to do anything of that sort.

Hey, at least I didn't call them the Grrrrowl.

It's a logical affiliation from a marketing angle regardless of the past.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I think you mean Swamp Rabbits. They haven't been Road Warriors in 4 years. ...
WOW, it really HAS been 4 seasons since the brand change. And in that time, there's been more hockey movement in Greenville's roster with SPHL loan-ups than there has been on the ice.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
My wife and I are already planning a "Pucks and Pints" trip down to Greenville and Charlotte if this happens. A friend of mine from high school and her husband own a craft brewery in Greenville (and they have a solid beer scene anyway). I haven't been to a hockey game in Greenville since the days of the Palmetto Cup rivalry between the Inferno, the Stingrays, the Pride, and the Grrrowl.
Downtown Greenville has really flourished in the last 10-15 years. Bon Secours Arena is nothing special, but its proximity to the downtown area sure makes it a pleasant destination for a hockey weekend.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
REALLY wish that the ECHL would come back to Greensboro. I can walk to the Coliseum. But the guy who runs the arena isn't interested.

The FHL Thunderbirds sell out almost every game so they can't say this area still isn't starved for hockey.

Growlers

Go Growlers!
Dec 9, 2017
ECHL TeamNHL TeamContract YearSecondary / Unofficial
Adirondack ThunderNew Jersey Devils2018-19
Allen AmericansMinnesota Wild2018-19
Atlanta GladiatorsBoston Bruins2018-19
Brampton BeastOttawa Senators2018-19
Cincinnati CyclonesBuffalo Sabres2018-19, at least
Florida EverbladesNashville Predators2019-20, at least
Fort Wayne KometsVegas Golden Knights2018-19
Greenville Swamp RabbitsIndependent2018-19
Idaho SteelheadsDallas Stars2019-20
Indy FuelChicago Blackhawks2021-22
Jacksonville IceMenWinnipeg Jets2018-19
Kalamazoo WingsVancouver Canucks2018-19, assumed
Kansas City MavericksCalgary Flames2018-19
Maine MarinersNew York Rangers2018-19, at leastMontreal Canadiens
Newfoundland GrowlersToronto Maple Leafs2020-21
Norfolk AdmiralsArizona Coyotes2018-19
Orlando Solar BearsTampa Bay Lightning2020-21San Jose Sharks
Rapid City RushIndependent2018-19
Reading RoyalsPhiladelphia Flyers2018-19
South Carolina StingraysWashington Capitals2019-20
Toledo WalleyeDetriot Red Wings2020-21
Tulsa OilersSt Louis Blues2018-19
Utah GrizzliesColorado Avalanche2018-19
Wheeling NailersPittsburgh Penguins2019-20
Witchita ThunderEdmonton Oilers 2018-19
Worcester RailersNew York Islanders2019-20
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

For this. Is there any way we can add a column to show if the affiliation is active? Just be easier to read all the active affiliations
Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->