2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Doris

Jan 20, 2021

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
giphy.gif
film-review-joker_e2a51752-e687-11e9-bf1a-4811dd02bcdc.jpg

Reactions: Pokecheque

PepsiCenterMagic

Food is Great
Jul 17, 2013
That would be neat! We probably aren’t going to have much in the way of NHL contracted guys in Utah but you never know. With half the league sitting out there were a lot of guys for Utah to sign.

I'll be going a week from Saturday. Let's see what we have....

PepsiCenterMagic

Food is Great
Jul 17, 2013
Went to the Utah Grizzlies ECHL game tonight, glass seats.

What I can say is that it felt sooooo good to witness a live sporting event, let alone hockey. It brings a special element to life.
Minor league hockey is super fun, too. As for the game itself, the goalie Barone played a solid game, and Utah's #1 right D was solid, too.... forgot his name.

Definitely an ECHL game, though. The 7-min OT was brutal, no one seemed to have the skill to do something special. But there was still skill. I'm guessing at least a few of these guys will make it to the AHL, or whatever is next. I went 2 years ago, and Travis Barron was still playing for them, now for the Eagles, and an Avs training camp invitee I think.

Funny thing, though. Guess who showed up playing for Allen Americans, the opposing team?? Our old friend Connor Bleakley. He was the 1st shootout shooter for Allen. He had a decent game.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Don't have a sub, so can't see the mock-up photo. Sounds kinda ugly.

BP posted the mock-up so I won’t, but this is interesting.

A source told Colorado Hockey Now that when the Eagles designed their “Colorado Sky” threads, the organization — the Avalanche — was planning on sticking with the traditional black pants, helmets and gloves. However, there was a fairly last minute change of design by the Avs to go with the current blue look you see on the ice this season.

It really is strange that the Avs made this very radical change to their uniform so last minute. I wonder what prompted it.

Also, I did not know it was a league rule that AHL affiliates must have the same color helmets and pants as their NHL counterparts. There must be a couple exceptions though because it’s obvious the Hershey Bears and Chicago Wolves have their own uniform colors and don’t change for anyone.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What? I thought Billington was the GM of the Eagles.

He is...at least he is listed as such on the Avs website.

[edit] It really bothered me so I looked it up. Craig Billington is the GM of the Hockey Operations Staff. Chris Stewart (no, not MBP, a different one) was the President and GM of the Front Office Staff.

Reactions: ArWKo

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What? I thought Billington was the GM of the Eagles.
He is. Stewart was the GM of the ECHL Eagles, he used to coach forever and in the ECHL those in charge wear a ton of hats. They didn’t want to take it away from Stewart so he probably got to sit around and give his input. Billington works the contracts, financials, NHL relevant side, I’m sure Stewart was more involved in which player’s they could get from the ECHL. This is only good news imo. Stewart is VERY old school and might have been the one influencing playing ECHLers in the lineup. Billington is still largely the NHL gate keeper but getting rid of a voice who would pound the table for grit, veterans and ECHLers can only be a positive.

I wouldn’t say expected or surprise. They’d prob let Stewart hang around as long as he wanted. When he stopped coaching a few years ago was prob a step to retirement.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He is. Stewart was the GM of the ECHL Eagles, he used to coach forever and in the ECHL those in charge wear a ton of hats. They didn’t want to take it away from Stewart so he probably got to sit around and give his input. Billington works the contracts, financials, NHL relevant side, I’m sure Stewart was more involved in which player’s they could get from the ECHL. This is only good news imo. Stewart is VERY old school and might have been the one influencing playing ECHLers in the lineup. Billington is still largely the NHL gate keeper but getting rid of a voice who would pound the table for grit, veterans and ECHLers can only be a positive.

I wouldn’t say expected or surprise. They’d prob let Stewart hang around as long as he wanted. When he stopped coaching a few years ago was prob a step to retirement.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad