2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'd be shocked if he played in the NHL playoffs. Doesn't make much sense.
1BDA27C8-C0C6-4554-A3B1-529183112B18.jpeg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Timmins is a very smart player, but with a history of concussions shouldn’t Sakic consider moving him? He had a fairly good AHL season and expected to solidify the Top 4 with Makar, Girard and Byram for the rest of the decade.
To be fair, dude's had one concussion. It just took a REALLY long time to recover from it.

But the injury history has to be a tad concerning. At this point I won't be completely shocked if they move him, but right now if you move him you're selling low. It's probably better to put him in the NHL, and he either plays himself into a role or ups his trade value.
I am not sure any of these are true, he's had one nasty concussion, I think a wrist injury, and a high-ankle sprain. That's not really all that bad, I was more indicating that his nasty concussion was a result of a cheap shot, but him not being aware of his surroundings as he's been rocked for a handful of solid hits in the past. It's similar to Taylor Hall where he finds himself in bad positions such as with his head down, but Hall is built solid whereas Timmins is still quite lanky. Now, perhaps this concussion will make him realise that not all pucks are worth dying for and maybe it will cause a conditioning effect where he learned his lesson. Because of that I would rather keep hold of him until otherwise noted.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
You do realize that Byram would be entering during the second round most likely, with little to no NHL experience. While Cale Makar did it, he's no Cale. As much as you might dislike Connauton and Barberio, they're trusted more than a 18 year old CHLer.

Reactions: McMetal

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What are the chances Bowen Byram signs an ATO with the Eagles and plays in the playoffs, a la Werenski. I realize that CHL players need to be turning 20 to play in the AHL, but it also says that it's either 20 years old, OR 4 years CHL experience. Byram played 11 games in his first season, but this would technically be his 4th...

Is anyone familiar with the ATO rules?
Has nothing to do with the 11 games, which does not count as a season. Byram is free to play elsewhere when the Giants are done. This is exactly how it applied to Sam Girard when he played in the AHL at the end of his 18 year old season. The AHL doesn’t make the rules, all they require is a player is 18 years old. The CHL players have actually signed a contract to the league they play in, which is why that’s the part that’s binding.

I personally think it’s more likely that Byram plays in the AHL playoffs than NHL playoffs should he be available in time to join either.

Timmins’ problem is he’s on the same hamster wheel the rest of the AHLers are. He has 2 more years of waiver exemption after this year, they aren’t forced to make a decision or actively do something about him for a while.

Reactions: MarkT

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Has nothing to do with the 11 games, which does not count as a season. Byram is free to play elsewhere when the Giants are done. This is exactly how it applied to Sam Girard when he played in the AHL at the end of his 18 year old season. The AHL doesn’t make the rules, all they require is a player is 18 years old. The CHL players have actually signed a contract to the league they play in, which is why that’s the part that’s binding.

I personally think it’s more likely that Byram plays in the AHL playoffs than NHL playoffs should he be available in time to join either.

Timmins’ problem is he’s on the same hamster wheel the rest of the AHLers are. He has 2 more years of waiver exemption after this year, they aren’t forced to make a decision or actively do something about him for a while.

All opinion as of now I guess. No one really knows.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
All opinion as of now I guess. No one really knows.

The way the Avs operate it's more than likely Byram is already pencilled into the NHL lineup for next year. IMO if they're planning to have him up next year, they'll give him some games in the NHL playoffs if they can. You'd hope the D corps will be in better shape by the time he's available but there's every chance he's at least the 6th best option by early April.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
The way the Avs operate it's more than likely Byram is already pencilled into the NHL lineup for next year. IMO if they're planning to have him up next year, they'll give him some games in the NHL playoffs if they can. You'd hope the D corps will be in better shape by the time he's available but there's every chance he's at least the 6th best option by early April.

AVs will clear the garbage DMen: Barberio, Connauton, Alt and McDonald. I fully expect both Byram & Timmins to get a look. Most likely 1 of the players stay and they'll add a Vet.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
AVs will clear the garbage DMen: Barberio, Connauton, Alt and McDonald. I fully expect both Byram & Timmins to get a look. Most likely 1 of the players stay and they'll add a Vet.

Why do you think MacDonald is garbage? He's the Brent Burns of the AHL. 16 goals, 41 points in 54 games, and a huge part of the reason they're winning in Loveland. You still need guys like that in the organization, they're not necessarily a dime-a-dozen.

I don't expect Barberio, Connauton, or Alt to return, but I do hope to hell they bring MacDonald back. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the next Eagles captain if indeed he returns and Alt doesn't.

They'll need to bring in a vet. One guy who intrigues me is Connor Carrick. He's only 25, a RHD with puckmoving skill and speed to spare, and shouldn't cost a whole lot of money or term to get. That said, the reason he'll probably come cheap is because he's missed a ton of time due to injuries, and he's not a big guy, but there's going to be drawbacks on any guy you bring under these circumstances.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
In other news, Timmins made a great play to set up a goal tonight (Eagles lost 5-4). Darted down below the circles from the goal line past two defenders and threw it in front for a nice garbage goal.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Let's hope he turns into the next LOC, and not the next Josh Dickinson.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He's a solid college player... worth a shot to see if he can be an AHL guy. Also came up through the Blue Jackets funded AAA team.

Reactions: McMetal

Pistache

Mar 25, 2009
Colorado Eagles added 3 défensemen in July:
Keaton Middleton
Matt Abt
Ian Scheid

:

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
David Aebischer dmen not goalie, and Xavier Bouchard from Q are very good prospect as RHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad