2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Eegs go up against the Might Stockton Heat and blow a one-goal lead, but unlike the parent club get it right back and win 4-1.

No points for Bowers or Kaut, but O'Connor pots two, and DAN RENOUF gets the GWG.

Still no sign of Timmins. Good heavens...dude's just never gonna play, is he?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The Eegs go up against the Might Stockton Heat and blow a one-goal lead, but unlike the parent club get it right back and win 4-1.

No points for Bowers or Kaut, but O'Connor pots two, and DAN RENOUF gets the GWG.

Still no sign of Timmins. Good heavens...dude's just never gonna play, is he?

I'm with Henchy on Timmins. At this point he's proven enough at the AHL level for me to be content to play it safe with his health and let him get back to 100% before working him back in. Sure he can work on stuff at that level, but the real deciding factors in the next step of his development will be adapting to that next level & getting his body in condition to handle 82+ games a year. So I don't see nearly as much benefit to rushing him back as I do letting him take his time recovering before (hopefully) capping the season off on a high note.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm with Henchy on Timmins. At this point he's proven enough at the AHL level for me to be content to play it safe with his health and let him get back to 100% before working him back in. Sure he can work on stuff at that level, but the real deciding factors in the next step of his development will be adapting to that next level & getting his body in condition to handle 82+ games a year. So I don't see nearly as much benefit to rushing him back as I do letting him take his time recovering before (hopefully) capping the season off on a high note.

Well I hope whatever this "lower body injury" is that it's just them being cautious and not him actually being this seriously hurt.

Reactions: cgf

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If the Avs keep their 1st this year, I'm fully expecting them to grab the top RD in the draft. They will probably want a backup plan for Timmins with the injuries. And as much as I love Helleson, he's not a guy you count on becoming a top4 guy.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If the Avs keep their 1st this year, I'm fully expecting them to grab the top RD in the draft. They will probably want a backup plan for Timmins with the injuries. And as much as I love Helleson, he's not a guy you count on becoming a top4 guy.
Any chance Schneider will still be on the board when we pick? I'd be surprised he is if we pick 25-31 IMO. I really liked his game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Any chance Schneider will still be on the board when we pick? I'd be surprised he is if we pick 25-31 IMO. I really liked his game.

He's a last half of the first round sort of guy IMO. Depending how a team ranks and prefers their defensemen, he could go as high as 10-12, but 30-35 wouldn't surprise me either. This draft is pretty deep on 1st round talent and after you get past the first tiers the ~13-40 range will be unpredictable as so many players will have first round grades. With they hype so far, I think you see a separation between Drysdale and everybody else... then a group of ~5 NA based defenders and ~3 Euro defenders. There always seems to be a riser or two on the Euro side. But going with 9 defenders in the first, Drysdale probably goes top 6, then a couple at 10-13, then the next ~6 range from 15-31.

TLDR yeah it is possible.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
He's a last half of the first round sort of guy IMO. Depending how a team ranks and prefers their defensemen, he could go as high as 10-12, but 30-35 wouldn't surprise me either. This draft is pretty deep on 1st round talent and after you get past the first tiers the ~13-40 range will be unpredictable as so many players will have first round grades. With they hype so far, I think you see a separation between Drysdale and everybody else... then a group of ~5 NA based defenders and ~3 Euro defenders. There always seems to be a riser or two on the Euro side. But going with 9 defenders in the first, Drysdale probably goes top 6, then a couple at 10-13, then the next ~6 range from 15-31.

Thanks and by the way not only do I agree with your assessment regarding the Avs going for a RHD but I want them to do it as well. It needs to be somebody in the Timmins mold though so we have somebody to pair with Girard if both Timmins and Helleson don't pan out. I heard the same thing about the 15-40 range in this draft and for that reason I don't mind if the Avs don't go full BPA in this draft. IMO we need more depth at D...both sides for that matter as we never know with Byram.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Dorion in the top prospect game mentioned that there is one tier between 1 - 10, another tier at 10 - 25, and then the final tier we tend to see in drafts between 23 to 50.

I would not be opposed to Schneider, but it also depends on who's on the board and players that potentially fell to the early/mid 20's (there should be legit top 6 potential forwards at our pick w/ some risk). What has made me more of a believer in Braden is that he's producing offence on a very below-average team. They are the Philly Flyers of the WHL where there is decent talent, but a lack of depth in key positions. The problem is that since there are so few quality defenders, there will probably be a team - like there will be one with Drysdale - and reach for them at certain positions. I wouldn't be surprised if Drysdale is taken 4th and Schneider is taken 11th or 12th similar to Broberg or Soderstrom last year. He's having an impressive season, especially offensively when you consider his size and mobility. Some bumps with his puck decision at times, but he does more good than bad out there.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I'm getting more on the Kreider train if we can resign him to a decent hit. He has his weaknesses but scoring touch and physicality is never a bad thing to add to a team that is already in a good spot. Him and Kadri together would pest it up so much together, not that I'm a huge fan of that kind of play.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Progress! We've all been waiting and it looks like we're getting closer to the return of......Connauton! Maybe some other guy as well.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Being out with a LBI isn't going to help his skating either. Which has an impact on pace, which is the only reason he isn't still with the Avs after making it out of camp.

Glad a concussion isn't the cause, but his injury isn't conducive to his conditioning, or his chances of making any sort of impact this season.

I'd love to be proven wrong tho.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

“If you saw a video of him when he was here in January last year and now, it’s not even close,” Cronin said. “He just didn’t really defend in a reliable way. He was more of a stick defender. He would put his stick on the puck and you need to do that but it was exclusively stick on puck, stick on puck. If he got out of the lane between the opponent and the net, he was chasing and hooking and holding. There’s a lot of footwork that goes into that lane management that we needed to drill into him.”

Cronin said Timmins had sloppy body movements that led to him getting outside defendable passing lanes, which meant he was at a disadvantage when it came to being in the right position. Timmins is now more disciplined with his motions and has taken a more active role in staying in those passing lanes to disrupt a potential pass or to gain leverage against an opponent in a one-on-one sequence.

“He got moved to wing,” Eagles coach Greg Cronin said. “He’s a natural centerman but we found out there was a lot of pressure on him down low and he had some poor habits that were translating into giving up chances against. We just felt that if we just let him manage less space. As a centerman, you’re going from board to board, blue line to goal line. But by having him as a wing, it would let him get his confidence back and his offense would start to grow from that and that’s what happened.”

A lot of quotes in there from Cronin and the players on their development.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad