2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I appreciate that, and not to be snarky lol, but one highlight does not really answer that question.

The knock has always been his creativity on offense. I'm wondering how that's going.

I think sometimes a players process while not flashy can translate well to the pros. Makar is actually a really good example of that on steroids. He isn't really flashy pulling off low percentage plays all over the place.

Landy is another

I'm just wondering what his process is like. Is he just playing that workmanlike game at a higher pace, is he trying new things now and creating more. What is it, how is he doing it, what changed recently.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I appreciate that, and not to be snarky lol, but one highlight does not really answer that question.

The knock has always been his creativity on offense. I'm wondering how that's going.

I think sometimes a players process while not flashy can translate well to the pros. Makar is actually a really good example of that on steroids. He isn't really flashy pulling off low percentage plays all over the place.

Landy is another

I'm just wondering what his process is like. Is he just playing that workmanlike game at a higher pace, is he trying new things now and creating more. What is it, how is he doing it, what changed recently.

None taken, you're right--it doesn't. This might give you a better idea of his playing style.

I love that they included the easiest-ever empty netter. :laugh:

What I like is that he's able to contribute offensively a number of ways. He can shoot, he can crash the net, and he's a good playmaker. Feels very much like a good fit with the Avs, now the question is how much of this skill set transfers to the NHL.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
None taken, you're right--it doesn't. This might give you a better idea of his playing style.

I love that they included the easiest-ever empty netter. :laugh:

What I like is that he's able to contribute offensively a number of ways. He can shoot, he can crash the net, and he's a good playmaker. Feels very much like a good fit with the Avs, now the question is how much of this skill set transfers to the NHL.

Yeah we could really use that player if it does. I'd be really happy if it happened like RORs development at the NHL level. Comes in as the 3C, and then eventually takes over for Kadri.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a player come through the system on a slower burn and turn into something. A sign that the organization can actually develop players that are not fast tracked.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com

Here's the highlights from last night's game. Watch Bowers on that first goal. Gets to the puck, enters the zone, tries a drop pass, and then swings down into the slot area (something the Avs really don't do well) and picks up an assist. I can't tell if he gets the puck to Dries for him to fire it in or he puts the first shot on goal, either way he plays a big part in that scoring play happening.

Nice hustle play and shot by Martin Kaut, who apparently I should slag more often.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I’m really having a tough time figuring how you get points in 7 of 8 with a stat line of 2 + 4
It was actually 2 goals and 6 assists, nice of them to shortchange him lol.

Regarding the questions of what’s changed, first of all the Eagles started scoring some goals and I think Bowers has made a good connection with Greer, he’s had some rotating linemates for a while. Confidence and in carrying the puck, strength on the puck has helped too. His first couple goals was what he does best cleaning up around the net but as you see last night was a nice shot, so was one the other week, 2 on 1 type stuff. I think both goals last night were indicative of what he’s been doing well. Also to note he is not even doing this on the PP, he wasn’t on either unit last night even with the hot streak. If he’s been he was second unit with Kaut, maybe Greer too. He has been on the 5 on 3 unit as net front however. Both Bowers and Kaut have been PKing more, especially Kaut and has been very good at it.

I firmly believe the next step in their development is to get some experience in the NHL.

Cheers!

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It was actually 2 goals and 6 assists, nice of them to shortchange him lol.

Regarding the questions of what’s changed, first of all the Eagles started scoring some goals and I think Bowers has made a good connection with Greer, he’s had some rotating linemates for a while. Confidence and in carrying the puck, strength on the puck has helped too. His first couple goals was what he does best cleaning up around the net but as you see last night was a nice shot, so was one the other week, 2 on 1 type stuff. I think both goals last night were indicative of what he’s been doing well. Also to note he is not even doing this on the PP, he wasn’t on either unit last night even with the hot streak. If he’s been he was second unit with Kaut, maybe Greer too. He has been on the 5 on 3 unit as net front however. Both Bowers and Kaut have been PKing more, especially Kaut and has been very good at it.

I firmly believe the next step in their development is to get some experience in the NHL.

Cheers!

Thanks, I hit you up on Twitter before I seen this. The last thing I seen on BR specifically talking about him was in December.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Likely reading too much into things, but I originally thought they switched Bowers to wing simply because they wanted to ease his workload and put veterans like Dries and Megna at center, but it's possible the reason is twofold--if he excels at the wing they could try him alongside Kadri, who definitely needs a playmaker on his line to really utilize his skill set.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Likely reading too much into things, but I originally thought they switched Bowers to wing simply because they wanted to ease his workload and put veterans like Dries and Megna at center, but it's possible the reason is twofold--if he excels at the wing they could try him alongside Kadri, who definitely needs a playmaker on his line to really utilize his skill set.

Not saying he's a dummy or has stonehands, but I dunno how much playmaking he has the skillset for at the NHL level. His speed & size package is great and his shot could be a legit NHL-weapon, but I dunno how much playmaking he projects to do at the next level.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not saying he's a dummy or has stonehands, but I dunno how much playmaking he has the skillset for at the NHL level. His speed & size package is great and his shot could be a legit NHL-weapon, but I dunno how much playmaking he projects to do at the next level.

Well, there is that. We'll see how it goes. I'm reasonably confident he's a better passer than Nazem Kadri, but that probably isn't saying much.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
giphy.gif

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
More than we can say for Saigeon :help:

I'd rather they take their time with Tims... first season back is going to be a grind for him even if he only hits 40-45 games (he should hit a lot more than that if he's healthy to finish).

Well, doesn't sound like the fates are going to give Timmins or the Avs much of a choice.

Guess Saigeon wasn't a great gamble, and it looks like they knew it. Oh well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well, doesn't sound like the fates are going to give Timmins or the Avs much of a choice.

Guess Saigeon wasn't a great gamble, and it looks like they knew it. Oh well.

We can really only guess what the injury is, but I want him being as close to 100% as possible before playing. Too much is on the line with the kid and just getting through the season while playing good is all I really want.

Yup they figured it out. Ended up being the smart move to not sign him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Eagles got their butts kicked last night but at least there was this......

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bowers is finding his groove. I really don't think that should be interrupted for a call up to a team that is struggling. Let him have a couple more months of settling in. It literally took him two months to find his legs and after a month of that, to the NHL? Nah let him have another couple months at least of success. If he's doing this in March and the Avs need some speed and size up front... then let's talk. Right now just let him ride the wave and get confident.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Hope he can be a poor man's Radar

What a trade the Duchene trade would turn out to be then! Hahaha

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Bowers is finding his groove. I really don't think that should be interrupted for a call up to a team that is struggling. Let him have a couple more months of settling in. It literally took him two months to find his legs and after a month of that, to the NHL? Nah let him have another couple months at least of success. If he's doing this in March and the Avs need some speed and size up front... then let's talk. Right now just let him ride the wave and get confident.

Agreed.

Earliest I'd call him up is around the deadline.

17 points in 20 games now after going his first 7 without producing anything.

I have concerns over his low shot production still. He only has 7 goals on the year and yet that's still over 20% shooting because he only has 35 odd shots. Though he is getting very little PP time as well.

But he's definitely adapting to the pro game and getting better. Who knows, maybe there's still a long shot chance of finding enough offensive upside for him to be a 2C one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->