2019-20 Around the League: Congratulations, Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i feel like all playoffs burke has gone out of his way to highlight minnesota players, and he always says, well it’s because he’s a [minnesota city] boy.

he did it just now, saying “i’n going with anders kee [to score in OT]. he’s an edina boy.”

when did this start? i think i’ve also heard him shout out boeser, justin faulk, nate schmidt, and mcdonagh. like i guess i feel like there’s some running joke here i’m not getting?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I'm excited for Bogosian of all ppl, he got ripped on non stop the last few years, injured several times, playing on bad teams and maintained he could contribute.
He's been quite solid and 4 wins from a Stanley cup.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I've picked Dallas opponent to beat them every round and they've proven me wrong but I'm still saying Tampa.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I'm excited for Bogosian of all ppl, he got ripped on non stop the last few years, injured several times, playing on bad teams and maintained he could contribute.

It's what happens when a player's contract and role matches their skillset. Something Tampa has been taking advantage of for years to round out their D cores.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

Tampa has gotten a lot of mileage by taking defensemen on bad teams playing too many minutes and being overexposed, cratering their value, and then signing them to play further down the depth chart and having them be cheap, effective players: Bogosian, Shattenkirk, Girardi, etc.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Kinda fitting that, in a tournament people are calling the Covid Cup playoffs, its two teams in the Deep South that are in the Finals. :sarcasm: Just another reason to party!

--------

On a more serious note, it's amazing how long TBL has been able to stay in contention for. 5 Eastern conference finals appearances or better in the last 10 years (4 in the last 6 years). They've drafted well outside the 1st round which is huge, yet this sort of sustained dominance really highlights what having masterful team management can get you.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Dallas will surprise TBay in the Final. They play a far heavier and meaner game than TBay has been up against so far. TBay has added the guys this year to play that way though. Should be fun to watch. Really hope the two teams get some serious hate for each other. Hoping for a mean, nasty, violent, and exciting Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->