Speculation: 2019-20 Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Imagine if we had traded Kase for Faulk, he's our best forward right now, hopefully he can give us about 70 good games....

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Anything on Sam Steel's injury guys ? I can't find anything... thanks

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Imagine if we had traded Kase for Faulk, he's our best forward right now, hopefully he can give us about 70 good games....

Lol this is all I can think about every game we play. What if we gave up our best forward for a guy with like a 25%CF percentage and then also extended him for 7 years. We should send Faulk a fruit basket for not wanting to waive to come here.

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
After today's game, I think I'd like to see Jones, Comtois, and Terry sent down. They could all benefit from some AHL time in my opinion. Then call up Sprong and Sherwood.

Ritchie - Henrique - Kase
Rakell - Steel - Silfverberg
Shore - Getzlaf - Sprong
Delauriers - Grant - Rowney

To me that's a decent lineup that should win some games and let's us give the younger guys some more AHL time to refine their games.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
What is the A going to do for Terry? He is creating at the NHL level but the team cannot finish as well as him. He needs to figure it out. Sending him down to the A to get gooned when he is already creating things with the puck in the NHL seems dumb. Jones and Comtois should go down and Sherwood shoud come up, let Sprong stay there he hasn't done anything thus far.

Sending one of our only creative offensive players seems bad.

Reactions: AngelDuck

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Shore Getzlaf Silf all around
Rakell Steel Terry offensive zone faceoffs
Ritchie Henrique Kase they got chemistry
Sherwood Grant Rowney forechecking line

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
What is the A going to do for Terry? He is creating at the NHL level but the team cannot finish as well as him. He needs to figure it out. Sending him down to the A to get gooned when he is already creating things with the puck in the NHL seems dumb. Jones and Comtois should go down and Sherwood shoud come up, let Sprong stay there he hasn't done anything thus far.

Sending one of our only creative offensive players seems bad.

Ideally he'll actually produce down there so that his confidence isn't absolutely killed. He's looked decent so far but hasn't put anything up on the board.

Oct 18, 2011
the team has a whole cannot score, might be a good idea to put Sprong back in the lineup, besides Rakell there's no natural goal scorers on the roster at the moment

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Ideally he'll actually produce down there so that his confidence isn't absolutely killed. He's looked decent so far but hasn't put anything up on the board.
His confidence looks fine. He creates opportunities every game. He's always trying stuff in the offensive zone. He's not a great finisher but he never projected to be a huge goal scorer. He needs guys on his line that can read off him and get open, and score when he gets them the puck in good areas. He doesn't seem to have that right now.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I don't see Terry having a lack of confidence, I see him with linemates that aren't a good mesh, he needs Steel, Rakell, Silf one his line someone that can play with speed and skill and receive a pass to score.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Terry not having the right line mates is akin to Fowler supposedly never having the right partner. Please stop buttressing the narrative by blaming other players.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Terry not having the right line mates is akin to Fowler supposedly never having the right partner. Please stop buttressing the narrative by blaming other players.
Fowler has been tried with Manson AND Montour and it did not work out. He worked out with Depres but we saw what happen with that.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Sorry to harp on this for like the 3rd season in a row but Ritchie doesn't fit anywhere. He's too slow to create any opportunities. His physicality is often negated, because by the time he's in on the forecheck, the puck is moved and he ends up checking a guy who just gave up the puck big f***ing whoop.

Ritchie would fit in with someone with blistering speed like MacKinnon or McDavid but because we have no one in that stratosphere in Anaheim, he's often rendered completely useless.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I am reading a lot about how creative and good Troy Terry is. Also, I hear that Nick Ritchie is terrible. I watch the games and see something different. So I decided to do some simple math.

Nick Ritchie age 23 250 games 36 goals 56 assists 92 points +10
Troy Terry age 22 39 games 4 goals 9 assists 13 points +7

Goals per game-Ritchie 0.144 Terry 0.103
Assists per game-Ritchie 0.224 Terry 0.230
Points per game-Ritchie 0.368 Terry 0.333

Ritchie scores goals and points at a higher rate than Terry. Terry assists at a slightly higher rate. Ritchie is one year older. But the narrative on this board is primarily that Ritchie is garbage and Terry is a great prospect. What gives?

Oct 18, 2011
Guys who are playmaking pass first players do better when paired with goal scorers, it's just common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad