2019-20 50 Goal Watch (Matthews, Ovechkin, Pastrnak)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
As of the time I made this Post, 3 Players are within 10 Goals of 50.
Matthews and Pastrnak, specifically, are now just 8 goals away. May seem like a lot, but a huge streak could get him to 50 within a week or two.

Let's Discuss Who we think will get to 50 first and the Progression of the Race to 50 Goals.

-BlueBull

Last edited:

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
I think it's a shot at the posts the past couple weeks suggesting it was either Pastrnak or Ovechkin's to lose despite Matthews having been tied with or ahead of them at the time.
Just two weeks ago people had crossed ovi off the list with pasta having a 9 10 goal lead. Anything possible with these 3

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Just two weeks ago people had crossed ovi off the list with pasta having a 9 10 goal lead. Anything possible with these 3
Nothing would surprise me at this point.

I've always maintained one should never bet against Ovechkin in a goal scoring race and he's still my pick to win it.

Reactions: Chompchompr

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Honestly, if I had to pick someone who would get there first it’s Matthews right now. He’s been hella consistent all season long, and both of Pasta’s most recent two goals have been layups after Marchand doing all of the work whereas Matthews is doing a lot of creating for himself.

Pasta is slumping a bit right now (I realize I say this when he has goals in the last two games) and Ovi gets streaky - I think Matthews’ consistency is the biggest thing working in his favor at the moment

Last edited:

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Honestly, if I had to pick someone who would get there first it’s Matthews right now. He’s been hella consistent all season long, and both of Pasta’s most recent two goals have been layups after Marchand doing all of the work whereas Matthews is doing a lot of creating for himself.

Pasta is slumping a bit right now (I realize I say this when he has two goals in the last two games) and Ovi gets streaky - I think Matthews’ consistency is the biggest thing working in his favor at the moment

Pasta has 4 goals and 3 assists in the past 4 games he’s most definitely not slumping.

Should be a fun race down the stretch though.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

Pasta is slumping a bit right now (I realize I say this when he has two goals in the last two games) and Ovi gets streaky - I think Matthews’ consistency is the biggest thing working in his favor at the moment

16 points in 11 games is slumping? 4 goals in his last two.

I swear there is a section of this board that doesn’t pay attention to Pasta at all.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
This will be a incredible race down the stretch. Let's hope they all stay healthy. Looks like they'll all hit 50.

When's the last time there was 3 50 goal scorers?

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
16 points in 11 games is slumping? 4 goals in his last two.

I swear there is a section of this board that doesn’t pay attention to Pasta at all.
He’s not exactly creating his goals the way Matthews is was my point - he is benefiting from Marchand’s resurgence at the moment

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
He’s not exactly creating his goals the way Matthews is was my point - he is benefiting from Marchand’s resurgence at the moment

No, he isn’t. Pasta has been the primary driver of the line for the past month and a half or so. Marchand making two great plays doesn’t change that.

They’re both just excellent players.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

You don’t even know how many goals or points he’s had recently, why would you know if he’s creating offense or not? You sound like you watched the two assists marchand had recently and are basing everything on that.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
You don’t even know how many goals or points he’s had recently, why would you know if he’s creating offense or not? You sound like you watched the two assists marchand had recently and are basing everything on that.
I do know how many he has recently, actually - that wouldn’t make a difference anyway.

If you can’t admit that Matthews has been the most consistent of the three all season long (and this is coming from an Ovi fan) you’re a bit blind.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I do know how many he has recently, actually - that wouldn’t make a difference anyway.

If you can’t admit that Matthews has been the most consistent of the three all season long (and this is coming from an Ovi fan) you’re a bit blind.

Pasta and Matthews have both scored in exactly 30 of there games this season.

they’ve pretty much scored at the same pace for two years now.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Pasta and Matthews have both scored in exactly 30 of there games this season.

they’ve pretty much scored at the same pace for two years now.
Matthews has scored in 31 this season, but you’re right that it is closer. I was basing it mainly off of the splits where Pasta has had three 4+ game goal droughts this season while Matthews has had only one, but the per game average is pretty much identifal, you’re right.

Overall though, I still think Matthews’ lack of streakiness is his biggest asset right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad