2019-20-21 Roster Speculation: Neither on- nor off-season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Would Boeser be interesting to us and what would we be willing to pay?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
All depends on price. I wouldn't move 8 for Boeser.

Adams could get a great first victory with a Risto-Boeser swap (Benning has coveted Risto previously).
Well that would be too good to be true. I would also not give away our #8, maybe Risto++.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Well, they wouldn’t move Boeser for 8 either, so we’re set there.

Boeser contract is back-diving too. It's a $5.875 M cap hit but $13,625 M actual cash for last two years. Old Pegula likes this. The new cash-strapped regime not so much.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Ristolanien For Boeser
8th for Domi
Montour + Mittlestadt For Thick Nick foligno and Josh Anderson
Mojo for picks
Sign maroon and Edmundson

Skinner-Eichel-Boeser
Folingo-Domi-Reinhart
Oloffson-Kahun-Anderson
Maroon-Larson-Okposo

Dahlin-Jokiharju
Mccabe-Edmundson
Borgen-Miller

TUFF tem

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Ristolanien For Boeser
8th for Domi
Montour + Mittlestadt For Thick Nick foligno and Josh Anderson
Mojo for picks
Sign maroon and Edmundson

Skinner-Eichel-Boeser
Folingo-Domi-Reinhart
Oloffson-Kahun-Anderson
Maroon-Larson-Okposo

Dahlin-Jokiharju
Mccabe-Edmundson
Borgen-Miller

TUFF tem

1. That defense is terrifying...and I don't mean that in a good way
2. Your 2nd and 3rd trades both look like bad overpays. Domi is a ~50 point winger playing center, and Anderson had 4 points last season.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm pretty sure Vancouver laughs at Risto for Boeser.

If not, there will be plenty of people willing to drive Risto to the airport.
Why is this? On the contrary, Benning seems to be a fan of players like Risto, plus he's an idiot, so anything is possible. :laugh:

Reactions: jc17

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
1. That defense is terrifying...and I don't mean that in a good way
2. Your 2nd and 3rd trades both look like bad overpays. Domi is a ~50 point winger playing center, and Anderson had 4 points last season.

Very light hearted proposal. But Domi is actually a feisty centre and josh anderson played injured the whole year and is exactly what this team needs in terms of playing style same with foglino

(Felt like he'd be a fan favourite, One year left too.Actually marcus and nicks contract are up next year maybe we get our own signing ala PAJAMAboyz)

. In my proposal i added 5 players that would fight at the drop of a dime if any team tried to take advantage of dahlin/oloffson/etc and 2 players that go hard to the net with force.

you're right though defence sucks i almost threw up putting mccabe on the 2nd pair. but who knows maybe dahlin becomes a beast and starts playing 25 a night / 60 point two-way animal

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Domi is a ~50 point winger playing center

50+ points with Armia and Lehkonen. The best teammate he consistently played with in his career was 19 year old Clayton Keller.

His 5v5 points each season were 32, 27 (59 games), 30, 53, 27. Thats higher than any Sabre the past 3 seasons not named Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, even if you completely remove his 53 point season. His production is similar to Briere and Drury at the time of their acquisitions.

If you give him a chance to succeed I bet he produces over a 50 point pace by a decent margin. 8th overall is steep and maybe he isn't worth it, but your statement way under-values him.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The more I think about Boeser, the more I think he’d be a move I’d only be happy with as a second move, where the first move actually found a center.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The more I think about Boeser, the more I think he’d be a move I’d only be happy with as a second move, where the first move actually found a center.

Don't put the word center too close to Boeser, someone will think they read somewhere Boeser can play center and we'll get a slew of off season plans about Boeser being our second line center.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Don't put the word center too close to Boeser, someone will think they read somewhere Boeser can play center and we'll get a slew of off season plans about Boeser being our second line center.
We don’t have Jason Botterill anymore, so I just hope Adams isn't as stupid as Jason.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Why is this? On the contrary, Benning seems to be a fan of players like Risto, plus he's an idiot, so anything is possible. :laugh:

I'm guessing that they would be more interesting in recouping the 1st that they lost in the Miller trade than Risto and his contract.

They already have Myers locked it at $6M per to play on the right side. I don't believe that they want Risto at his cost.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm guessing that they would be more interesting in recouping the 1st that they lost in the Miller trade than Risto and his contract.

They already have Myers locked it at $6M per to play on the right side. I don't believe that they want Risto at his cost.
Well, we could take some one-year cap dump along with Boeser, plus add a sweetener to Risto, they also need to somehow strengthen roster, there were also rumors about Risto and Vancouver.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
What went wrong with Colin Miller for you guys? Any chance he returns to his vegas form?

Also, the risto to van thing is very plausible. Benning sucks at scouting defensemen.

- Former high pick
- Big physical player
- Pointz
- Somewhat young but has lots of experience where he's regressed.

Fits our moron GM's criteria.

Boeser has wrist problems and has lost that explosiveness in his shot. Also, there wasn't a lot of accountability in his career early on so his defensive game can be very bad sometimes.

He's still a very good top six forward with a smart offensive game and with the right coach, he could be immense.

Reactions: Sabreality

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Vancouver moving Boeser will be to clear salary and recap some of the futures they moved in miller and toffoli.
More than that. Apparently our moron front office has fallen in love with a worse player who's five years older based on a very short sample size who'd reportedly rather play in california anyways as his wife works for the Dodgers.

Might be a preference thing.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
What went wrong with Colin Miller for you guys? Any chance he returns to his vegas form?

Also, the risto to van thing is very plausible. Benning sucks at scouting defensemen.

- Former high pick
- Big physical player
- Pointz

Boeser has wrist problems and has lost that explosiveness in his shot. Also, there wasn't a lot of accountability in his career early on so his defensive game can be very bad sometimes.

He's still a very good top six forward with a smart offensive game and with the right coach, he could be immense.
uh-oh, poor accountability defensively would = a long stay in Kruegers doghouse.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
uh-oh, poor accountability defensively would = a long stay in Kruegers doghouse.
He's shown that when he dials in and focuses, he can do it. It was either the end of last season or the season before that where he'd had a REALLY bad stretch of bad defensive plays but casuals hadn't really noticed how he wasn't in the right spots because he was being lazy until it culminated in one game where he was nonstop the one at fault on goals and chances. He then told the media he had to be better defensively and he was after that. Just seems like the leash IS VERY long.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

- Former high pick
- Big physical player
- Pointz

I think that there may be more than one factor. Firstly, our former idiot GM decided that we didn’t have enough depth in defense and began to trade for RDs instead of finding 2C, so we had too many RDs and someone had to sit in a press box. Secondly, I think Miller at the beginning couldn’t fit into the coach’s system, if he certainly has one, but after trading some of our defenders, it seems to me that Miller looked solid paired with Dahlin, he is unlikely to be of great value, so I would prefer to trade Risto or Montour at the beginning. Montour is probably the strangest guy since Krueger seems to love Risto and won't want to give him away. But I would certainly trade Risto+ for Boeser.

Reactions: Peen

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
He did return to form.
Eight Sabres who could win, or lose, in a Kevyn Adams-Ralph Krueger roster
Colin Miller - struggled learning the system but finished strong. Would also be attractive trade bait.
Over the final 19 games, Miller ranked first among all Sabres defensemen in expected goals-for percentage, expected goals for per 60 minutes and third in expected goals against per 60 minutes.

Reactions: Peen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad