2019 1st Round Pick Watch / Scoreboard and Standings Thread

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
so far a tremendous night. Yotes hopefully will hold on to this lead and if the Nucks/Oiler game goes OT we good :)

Reactions: darko

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Although it's still early, it just seems like we're destined for a #4 or 5 pick. I just can't see either one of Ottawa, Hawks or LA passing us with the way they've been playing

With how deep the draft is, that's still a good spot to be in. But it's also in that range where you have to be concerned about the Rangers going off the board because all the "definites" have already been taken

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Although it's still early, it just seems like we're destined for a #4 or 5 pick. I just can't see either one of Ottawa, Hawks or LA passing us with the way they've been playing

With how deep the draft is, that's still a good spot to be in. But it's also in that range where you have to be concerned about the Rangers going off the board because all the "definites" have already been taken

If Gorton dismantles the team we'll be right there with the Sens, LA and Hawks.

Reactions: Chytilmania

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers are going to try to win every game because that's what they do and that's what their coach is going to want. Quinn is going to push them to win and actually that's what you should want your coach to do. It's also why a lot of fans are caught up in this contradiction between wanting to win and lose games at the same time. Basically I'm fine when they do win but I'm also okay when they don't figuring on the better draft position. It's one of those years.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Tonight’s game vs Chicago is really interesting in the standings.

If we are to lose tonight (and Saturday in Boston) our month would be 2-8-0 going into 1/29 v PHI and 1/31 in Jersey.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Tonight’s game vs Chicago is really interesting in the standings.

If we are to lose tonight (and Saturday in Boston) our month would be 2-8-0 going into 1/29 v PHI and 1/31 in Jersey.

If we can somehow lose our next 4, that would put us in a great position. Unfortunately, Chicago, Philly and NJ all suck as much or more than we do.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I think we may have the worst D in the league... it’ll be interesting to see if Chicago will “find their game” against the likes of Staal, Kirk, Skjei and Lindgren on his 2nd game... not to mention whoever is in on the 3rd pair... did ADA piss of Quinn even tho he scored 2?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Very bad tank night and the Devils are pure garbage. I've said it all along even if they somehow end up ahead of us they are not much better than we are (not sure they are even better than us). I know we are not getting a top 2/3 pick this year but as long as the Devils/Flyers don't get it either I will be ok with it.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think we may have the worst D in the league... it’ll be interesting to see if Chicago will “find their game” against the likes of Staal, Kirk, Skjei and Lindgren on his 2nd game... not to mention whoever is in on the 3rd pair... did ADA piss of Quinn even tho he scored 2?
Sure looked like our d wasn't the worst in the league tonight or is Chicago really that bad. Probably more of the latter.

Reactions: Riche16

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
As bad as I want Hughes, Kakko, Pod, Cozens, Dach, Kokko, Zegras, and Byram... Turcotte could very well have the most explosive career. This kid is a freak.

Can you really go wrong picking in the top-5 this year? I don’t think so. Top-7? Top-9?!

There’s also very good value in the mid teens-20’s. Such a great draft class.

Give me one of those 9 and a dman like Broberg and I’m ecstatic. We could go goalie with the rest of our pics and I’ll still be pleased.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
The Rangers are going to try to win every game because that's what they do and that's what their coach is going to want. Quinn is going to push them to win and actually that's what you should want your coach to do. It's also why a lot of fans are caught up in this contradiction between wanting to win and lose games at the same time. Basically I'm fine when they do win but I'm also okay when they don't figuring on the better draft position. It's one of those years.
Sometimes I wish I was a kid again in the 80s/early 90s when some of my teams stunk but I didn't know anything about a draft pick or team building and I could just fully enjoy any minor accomplishments the team or a player had. Ignorance was truly bliss.

Reactions: Inferno

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
In all likelihood we're not getting a top 3 pick and 4-10 is stacked with talent.... I say enjoy the wins. Can't control what's happening on the ice, so why be f***ing miserable about it

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
That Blackhawks team is really bad, they won't be able to win a lot of hockey games. Would be unbearable if the stay on track and get a top two pick.

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
For those of you thinking we will tank after the sell off....remember all these other pure garbage teams around us will be selling to. I am telling you we will regret feeling good about winning a game here or there in January. I don't mind looking good and being a fun team, but I do mind when we start going on these small winning streaks. We are currently picking 10th as of this morning. Bad tank.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I can talk myself into losses being good when we're outside of games. I understand the importance of adding premium talent to our prospect cupboard. I really do get it, and agree that it is best.

When the games start and I see our guys playing hard, going all out--guys I've come to love like Kreider, Zibs, Zucc, a semi-rejuvenated Staal, and of course Hank--I can't root against them. I'm all in favor if losing every game from here on out, except when the puck drops. Them I'm rooting for the guys.

An exception is when they come out looking like hot diarrhea, in which case I can turn the game off and say, "well, good thing they're gonna lose tonight." :laugh: But if they come out looking hungry, I'm all in. I can't help it. My heart won't allow it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->