Prospect Info: 2019 198th Overall Pick | LW Mikhail Shalagin

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
by conversion rates the MHL is very close to the OHL NCAA and ECHL.

his conversion rates NHL stats from last season would be 15 goals and 27 points.

the dude can play.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
think hes going to syracuse.
To start like all the other prospects. But the kid needs games and with the depth Syracuse has he'll have a tough time getting them. I don't see him getting in ahead of Lohin, Sommpi or Yan to start the year. Would be best to go to Orlando and play 3 games in 4 nights then fly to Syracuse for some practice with the Crunch.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
To start like all the other prospects. But the kid needs games and with the depth Syracuse has he'll have a tough time getting them. I don't see him getting in ahead of Lohin, Sommpi or Yan to start the year. Would be best to go to Orlando and play 3 games in 4 nights then fly to Syracuse for some practice with the Crunch.
Syracuse and Orlando don't shuttle like that. That's a ton of travel cost on a 7th round pick. There's a good chance that Fucale and Windsor go straight from Bolts camp to Orlando, never visiting Syracuse. It happened last year with Ouellette.

I don't think Shalagin is meant to see Orlando ice, but if it does happen, he'll be down until there's a roster spot back open for him.

Something you've got to keep in mind is that Orlando has to win games too, and the Bears play a different game from the Crunch and Lightning. More time for adaptation is better. Having a player pop in without any preparation to the Bears structure just to dart again isn't going to be that big of a help.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
by conversion rates the MHL is very close to the OHL NCAA and ECHL.

his conversion rates NHL stats from last season would be 15 goals and 27 points.

the dude can play.

Ehhh I guess I can trust the conversion rates but just given the fact he was an over-ager when we took him and how much his skating needs improvement I'm liable to think that 15 points at the NHL level might've actually been a high watermark for him. So many of those goals he had came at the results of genuinely bad goaltending. The guy's got hands for days but it doesn't mean much if you don't have the feet for it. But in any case I'm optimistic about his development in Syracuse. He's got the right attitude and he's gonna have a wealth of talent around him.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad