Prospect Info: 2019 #11 - Brynas IF Gavle (SweHL) D Victor Soderstrom

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Figured we should do threads for each pick.

Cam Robinson - Dobber ProspectsMay 15th: "A puck-moving and fast-paced blueliner who loves to create offence. Enjoys controlling the pace of play. Quick outlets, sharp edges and nice vision. Could use more power on his shot."

Sam Cosentino - SportsNetMay 8th: "Top-notched skating ability is the basis for a solid two-way game. Played big minutes in 44 SHL games this season."

Chris Peters - ESPNMay 6th: "A mature defender who skates well and plays a solid two-way game despite average size, Soderstrom impacts the game in simple, subtle ways while making his team better when he is on the ice."

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not sure if he intends to stay in Sweden, but this pick could get a lot more intriguing if the right CHL team takes him in the import draft.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Not sure if he intends to stay in Sweden, but this pick could get a lot more intriguing if the right CHL team takes him in the import draft.
That'd be a step back for him.

He signed with Brynäs for 2 more years, but I think he makes the big league either this or next fall. I say he plays another season as a first/second pairing dman in Brynäs, then makes the jump. Maybe starts in the A, but only for less than 20 games.

Only negative about him is that he has had foot problems, which has stopped him from international tournaments previously.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He goes by Greasy Don now.

kkGG8tJ.jpg

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
If he does, I'll be there opening night. Not far from Stockholm, definately a road trip I'll make this season.

Reactions: lanky

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
He is only 19 months younger than Heiskanen, who played with Dallas from the start of the 18/19 season. Is he gonna make the team this year?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He is only 19 months younger than Heiskanen, who played with Dallas from the start of the 18/19 season. Is he gonna make the team this year?

He played 17ish mins per night for a bad Brynas team (11th out of 14 teams) last season. He had 4g 3a in 44gp.

The leading scorer on the team was a 33 year old American D names Ryan Gunderson who had 38pts in 52gp. Gunderson was previously an average D at Vermont, and a very good ECHL D. He’s since been very productive in various Euro leagues.

I’d like to see Soderstrom stay right where he is. I’d like to see him add some strength, mature even further in his game, start playing top minutes in Brynas, start producing offensively, and either close the gap or overtake completely the likes of journeyman, hired hand, minor-pro ramblers of the Gunderson ilk.

Soderstrom has 1pt in 4gp at the U18. I’d like to seem him stay in Brynas, make the U20 team, and play on the first pair. I’d like to se him star for that team in a way he didn’t at the U18.

He has A LOT of room to grow and improve on at his current level. There’s no need to rush him.

Reactions: Antonche

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Apparently no relation to that old Isles goalie Tommy Soderstrom with the ridiculous mask.

87b669192359c9d7458339958c4a2bfe.jpg

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I’d like to see Soderstrom stay right where he is.

Does your stance change if a good CHL program drafts him this week? Maybe somewhere like Kelowna that has a good history of D development? Coached by Adam Foote and going to the 2020 Memorial Cup too.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He played 17ish mins per night for a bad Brynas team (11th out of 14 teams) last season. He had 4g 3a in 44gp.

The leading scorer on the team was a 33 year old American D names Ryan Gunderson who had 38pts in 52gp. Gunderson was previously an average D at Vermont, and a very good ECHL D. He’s since been very productive in various Euro leagues.

I’d like to see Soderstrom stay right where he is. I’d like to see him add some strength, mature even further in his game, start playing top minutes in Brynas, start producing offensively, and either close the gap or overtake completely the likes of journeyman, hired hand, minor-pro ramblers of the Gunderson ilk.

Soderstrom has 1pt in 4gp at the U18. I’d like to seem him stay in Brynas, make the U20 team, and play on the first pair. I’d like to se him star for that team in a way he didn’t at the U18.

He has A LOT of room to grow and improve on at his current level. There’s no need to rush him.
You don't like to see players leap into the NHL until they are 20 or so. Some players can make the jump and perhaps Hayton and Soderstrom are two of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->