2018 World Series

• Total voters

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Well that was fast. :amazed:

from espn.com:

The Boston Red Sox and Houston Astros have been installed as co-favorites to win the 2019 World Series heading into an offseason that could see impactful free agents change teams and shake up the odds.

The Red Sox and Astros, the past two World Series champions, are each listed at 6-1 at the SuperBook at Westgate Las Vegas. The New York Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers, two potential landing spots for prized free agent Bryce Harper, are each 7-1.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Great way for series to end with Sale on the mound and Machado at the plate. Machado corkscrewing himself into the dirt on that last whiff.

Would have given the MVP to Price, Pearce was clutch though. Kelly was also dynamite.

Reactions: rfournier103

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Congrats Bo sox fans. Feel bad but kind of funny LA lost 2 straight in the World Series. Rangers twitter account was trolling? Said support group for back to back World Series loses meet on Tuesday.

Kershaw remain a Dodger?

And both of the deciding final games 5-1 losses at Dodger Stadium.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Just what Boston needs...another major sports championship. My hometown of Toronto has seen a big fat ZERO chips in the last 25 years and just 2 in the last 50+ years, so Boston fans, you guys are spoiled rotten with all these world class sports teams year in year out. Bo-town's an awesome city to visit though!

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
One of the most predictable and detestable seasons in recent memory.

Congrats.

Hoping this don't become a regular occurrence like the NBA where the favorite wins every year. Look at the Warriors people. Dominate regular season. Dominate playoffs. Them in a whole different class from the rest of the league. This is BAD for sports.

This is MLB for goodness sake. This is not the NBA. Hoping more teams step up as contenders in 2019.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Don't care for Boston whatsoever but I'm happy for Dombrowski.

He is a good GM and his moves paid off. Especially in the postseason.

Sep 19, 2008
Is this also Dombroski first title

I remember him in Detroit he came close once but did not win. Lot of people called him "Dumbrowski". Props to him I guess. He is a good GM. Finally got his.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Price should have won MVP.
Conspiracy theory floating around Boston is that (many) of the writers don't like Price & used Pearce's performance as a way to not give him the MVP, even though he pretty clearly deserved it. If Pearce didn't do what he did, there would have been no cover for not voting Price MVP.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
How the World Series MVP went down

Silverman: MVP vote no Pearce of cake

LOS ANGELES — The vote for World Series MVP was close.

According to an MLB source, the count was 3-2, Steve Pearce ahead of David Price.
If you want to know how tough the decision was, ask one of the voters.

That would be me.

J.P. Hoornstra of the Southern California News Group and I shared the Baseball Writers Association of America’s vote for World Series MVP. We were one of five members of the electorate. The others were FOX Sports, ESPN Radio, MLB Network World Feed
and MLB.com.

Hoornstra and I thought Price and Pearce should share MVP honors.

All we knew was we were supposed to come to an agreement on our vote, but not if we could split a vote like that.
We submitted our vote, saying if we could vote for co-MVPs, that was our first choice. But if they needed one name only, we wanted Price.

We were told splitting the vote was fine. Pearce would get half a vote, Price the other half.

Ironically, if we had settled on Price alone as our choice, we would have gotten our wish, co-MVPs. Price and Pearce would have finished with 2.5 votes each from the panel.

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad