GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 31 • Gold: SWE (1) - CAN (3) F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
An afternoon saturday game would have worked so everyone can watch.

I am not sure how much control the Americans had but I wonder if they didn't want to go up against the NFL play-offs this weekend because a Friday final seems really weird.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
An afternoon saturday game would have worked so everyone can watch.
The tournament always ends on January 5th, regardless of what day of the week it falls on. May have something to do with the agreement between the CHL and/or other club leagues not wanting their top players away for too long, and that is the date they agreed the tournament must be over by.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
It is the IIHF there should be zero concern for any team playing Canada that they will get the short end of the stick in terms of reffing.

I may be off by a game or two but I am pretty sure we are are basically on a 1,267,854 game streak of getting screwed by the officials in IIHF games.

The Euro trash refs will not being doing any favors for Canada today.
Stay classy

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
How is that related to this World Junior match up between Canada and Sweden?

How about actually sticking to the topic at hand.
Well i am not watching the game if sweden will be at such huge disvantage. Beating canada at full team is hard enough

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Here is the slash:

I have hard time believing that it deserves a suspension, two minute minor and be done with it. Unless I am missing something, it didn't look overly malicious, thought he could have walked it off. I know it hurts to take one to the back of the legs, but usually you are back next shift.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Canada seems the be the favourite but they aren't as battle tested as Sweden IMO. Either way I think these are the two best teams and I expect a great game. Lots of high end talent on Sweden and tons of depth (and underrated talent) on Canada. I'm having a tough time deciding who I think is going to take Gold.

Others have already touched on this but it deserves another mention and I've been thinking this all tournament: why isn't Makar getting more ice time? He's been arguably Canada's best player in my eyes. Very good player. Admittedly I haven't watched every minute of every game Canada has played but I've watched most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad