GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 28 • SF2: CAN (7) - CZE (2) F

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Gotta consider the source too. Some people have it out for us pretty good on here.

He was responding to a prediction of 4-2 for Czech Republic so he wrote what he thinks about the Czech team as if it were about the Canadian team as if to "agree" with the poster. It wasn't like the most hilarious joke ever but some people here need to chill out

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Canada should win this one as long as they don't have a parade to the penalty box, if they do then I expect Zadina to eat them up.

Reactions: Hemsky001

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Cant really see how Canada loses here.

Maybe Canada gets into penalty trouble+Hart has a bad game+Canada loses its finishing ability+Czech keeper stands in his head again?

Gereth

Feb 18, 2015
Cant really see how Canada loses here.

Maybe Canada gets into penalty trouble+Hart has a bad game+Canada loses its finishing ability+Czech keeper stands in his head again?
Czech offense comes blazing out of the door. They pot a quick one. That gives them confidence, so they keep up the pace with Canada in a first period. It will end 1:1. Superiority of Canadian players starts to show up in a second period, but Korenar is hot, so they have problem capitalizing. Then they get a second one from a sudden counter attack. Some stupid one from a lucky bounce. They get frustrated and start taking penalties, so they get a third one. They come back in a third, but it's too late and they only manage to get it to 3:2. There is a huge pressure at the end, but Korenar somehow endures it.

See? Easy.:popcorn::sarcasm:

Reactions: Hemsky001

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
3-2 Canada win. I think it could be a scenario of Czech scoring the first goal early and setting the doubt in Team Canada's minds to make it a close game

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Hart is only 3rd best in sv%, the czech goalie is better than him

I'd say too small sample size to really have sv% be that indicative. The Czech goalie's stats are quite skewed by all the shots faced in the Finland game. He got pulled in the Belarus game and didn't always start either. Meanwhile I'd say Canada's defence has been more effective, been better at controlling the game in general, meaning fewer shots faced by it's netminder

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
For those saying the key to a Czech victory is them scoring first, you have it backwards. Canada pretty much only loses when they have leads, but when they get down early, it ignites fire inside of them.

The Czechs need to keep it close, capitalize late to tie it up, then win in a shootout.

Reactions: jj cale

Fried Tree Sap

May 12, 2016
I fully expect Canada to win, but I think it would be really ironic if they end up losing and playing the U.S. for bronze.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I like this Team Canada more than most I have seen in the past decade. No big names, just a lot of guys working every shift. D is a little soft and make too many mistakes for my liking, but whatever. I worry about their ability to finish plays now and then, but ultimately I think they will get enough chances in this game it won't matter.

Canada wins 5-2

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I'm going all cliche here with "stay out of the penalty box"
Since that's impossible, don't take too many. Lots of skill on this Czech team obviously.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm going to guess 4-2 for Canada. Hoping that I keep my power during the game, otherwise off to see if any bars or restaurants are operating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad