GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 25 • QF4: USA (4) - RUS (2) F

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
USA in quarters? Recipe for success.

Truly though, hopefully we can continue the streak.

If our PP can do some damage at last, our chances look good.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
This game will probably be close. I hope Russia will win but something tells me the U.S. will win by a goal or by shootout.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
USA going with Woll again despite looking awful.

Has looked better than Oettinger who let in two very soft goals that put the USA in a hole early vs Canada. Make no mistake, had that been indoors they would of embarrassed him with all the chances they had that bobbled because of the snow.

I predict Woll shines, barring the D don’t go swimming again, and the USA takes this pretty convincingly.

london flyer

Jan 2, 2018
americans have been anything but impressive so far,unless you count game against denmark. Russians always turn it up once the quarters start,4-2 russia,this was the worst match up possible for americans

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I can't see Russia shutting down Mittlestadt and Tkachuk - but a few others will step up and have big games. I expect the US to win if they stay out of the damn box.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Teams usually improve as they get deeper into the tournament. I look for a good game from both sides. USA appears to be a bit stronger, but being down two forwards makes this a bigger challenge for them.

The top line should have a good game. Following the Denmark blowout, Mittelstadt and Tkachuk have either scored or provided the primary assist on 8 of 11 goals. They'll be the focus of Russia's defensive attention. One wonders how long they can keep rolling.

Hopefully Samberg continues his solid, consistent play, someone provides secondary scoring, and Hughes does a much better job of picking his spots.

Last edited:

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
Not sure who to root for. I dislike Russia as a hockey team more as they're the big historic rival, but USA Hockey fans are so annoying I might hate the yanks more. Can they both lose?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->