GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 23 • QF2: CAN (8) - SUI (2) F

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I said the score was closer than I expected not that it was close. You do realize the difference, right?

Sorry it wasn't 12-0, I guess? Game probably doesn't count because of the outside weather though, right?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Agreed.

Worst Team Canada in decades.

If they win, it will be a massive upset.
I mean at this point they have a direct run to the Gold Medal game....which at that point they just need to show up for that one game. And while I don't think this is a very strong Canadian team, I honestly just don't think this has been a very strong tournament in general. None of the top teams have really impressed me and all have had question marks not just Canada.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It is a joke. Makar has played better than some guys like Clague. He should take someone's ice time next game if Mete is back.

Meh I get Ducharme leaning on his returning "star" vets and captains in Clague and Fabbro. That is just what coaches do and it looks like he simply does not trust Makars game enough to play him in the top4.

Where he completely loses me is when he keeps playing Jake Bean regular minutes on the third pairing instead of Makar.

Returning vet or not. That is what just does not make any sense IMO...

Reactions: Mehar

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Just watched the Swiss coach's post-game comments...what a beauty he is. Honestly, it makes me realize how far we have fallen in this country (my country, Canada) and how we take this game and ourselves way too seriously. Has it made us better to load up the pressure on these kids and have a win-or-nothing attitude? I would say it has made us worse. I was looking at a thread the other day where people were absolutely trashing Connor Ingram. I know Connor. He is probably one of the best human beings you would ever meet, and so is his family. We seriously need to give our heads a shake in Canada and see what we are doing to our own game by cannibalizing someone every time they don't exceed expectation just because of our desire to have a win in a tournament that will be forgotten in a week anyway.

Reactions: trilobyte

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Just watched the Swiss coach's post-game comments...what a beauty he is. Honestly, it makes me realize how far we have fallen in this country (my country, Canada) and how we take this game and ourselves way too seriously. Has it made us better to load up the pressure on these kids and have a win-or-nothing attitude? I would say it has made us worse. I was looking at a thread the other day where people were absolutely trashing Connor Ingram. I know Connor. He is probably one of the best human beings you would ever meet, and so is his family. We seriously need to give our heads a shake in Canada and see what we are doing to our own game by cannibalizing someone every time they don't exceed expectation just because of our desire to have a win in a tournament that will be forgotten in a week anyway.

What did he say?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Way too serious .. lighten up man..

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I mean at this point they have a direct run to the Gold Medal game....which at that point they just need to show up for that one game. And while I don't think this is a very strong Canadian team, I honestly just don't think this has been a very strong tournament in general. None of the top teams have really impressed me and all have had question marks not just Canada.

I was just making a stupid post in response to a stupid post.

DavidLamb

Nov 14, 2017
The coaches are biased. Bean and Fabbro are the worst defensemen on the team, and they made the team. The Canadian defense could have been a lot better with Mahura. Please look at the stats. Bean is a defensive liability. Almost every goal against Canada, it is either Bean or Fabbro is on the ice. Please, everyone do something on hockey Canada facebook page to pressure them to make the right decision. Please review the stats from the TSN site. We need to prevent this for the fans or Canadian hockey.
Thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->