1 Jeremy Swayman
31 Joseph Woll

Last edited:
Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Likely either low scoring or crazy high scoring due to errors and lucky plays.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The game being outdoors with crappy ice really makes it a wild card.

If indoors I would say Canada wins 4-1 but because the stupidity of having this be an outdoor game who knows what will happen.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Neither I am a big fan of these outdoor games. The ice uses to be crappy, weather influences everything. It's a fashion now, but makes no sense to be, obviously except for the commercial effect.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
The outdoor game is a fun novelty, once per year in the NHL. It doesn't fit in this tourney.

Regardless, it will be the same conditions for both teams. It's still hockey, for them and us.

Canada will be brimming with confidence, and the Americans will be looking for redemption. Should make for an interesting dynamic.

I love this rivalry.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Just looking at a picture of that stadium makes me cold. For all the people that really don't like this outdoor idea, my guess is it's probably going to be quite a while before they try it again. I do think they needed to try it as everyone else is doing one these days.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
It’s a novel concept and I have no issue with outdoor games, they are a fun event but I think having them in a tournament, where 1 bad game can cripple you for the medal rounds is just a terrible idea. These games mean a lot more than 1 of 82 in an NHL season. To take your biggest draw and one of the biggest games of the tournament, between 2 perennial contenders and putting it outside is a joke.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Wack doing an outdoor game in a tourney.

Even wacker to not watch this game tmr

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Back to back for USA after being manhandled by Slovakia, back up goalie, outdoor game that probably favors Canada. Therefore USA wins. lol

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Back to back for USA after being manhandled by Slovakia, back up goalie, outdoor game that probably favors Canada. Therefore USA wins. lol
That's exactly how hockey works. Just when you think you got it figured out, something happens to show you that you don't. My prediction for the US game was that they would defeat Slovakia 8-0. Oops...

Reactions: Kyndig

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
It’s a novel concept and I have no issue with outdoor games, they are a fun event but I think having them in a tournament, where 1 bad game can cripple you for the medal rounds is just a terrible idea. These games mean a lot more than 1 of 82 in an NHL season. To take your biggest draw and one of the biggest games of the tournament, between 2 perennial contenders and putting it outside is a joke.
Seems like a pretty dramatic take on a preliminary round game in a juniors tournament. Somehow, I'm guessing the kids playing aren't nearly as worked up about the venue as some seem to be in here.

Everyone is playing on the same ice. There are no excuses. If any of these kids can only compete under pristine conditions, they better hope they are never playing for the Cup in June. I think they deserve a bit more credit than that, personally.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Great game last night Slovakia v USA. Love upsets, but only when they don't involve Canada. despite the loss, the U.S., along with Canada and the Swedes seem to be the real contenders here. Perhaps the Finns as well, but they've been sort of underwhelming so far... it's still early though. a lot can change in the coming days.

won't be watching today's Canada v USA game, but I'll take Canada for the W 4-3.

hopefully no more injuries to either team, as they have a Gold Medal Game to play on the 5th.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Would beworking likemost ofpeople...good stuff selecting a 3pmtimeslot for this historic crap event.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Would love to see Oettinger vs. Point in net, two Stars prospects squaring off. :laugh:

Agreed with those saying this game didn't need to be outside. Gotta make that dollar, though, and they'll sell way more seats, merch, etc.

Why they chose today instead of tomorrow though, who knows.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
but I think having them in a tournament, where 1 bad game can cripple you for the medal rounds is just a terrible idea. These games mean a lot more than 1 of 82 in an NHL season. To take your biggest draw and one of the biggest games of the tournament, between 2 perennial contenders and putting it outside is a joke.
There is no advantage to either team, they are playing in the same conditions on the same ice surface.

Would beworking likemost ofpeople...good stuff selecting a 3pmtimeslot for this historic crap event.
Wait, so you are complaining about the time of day the game is played while making fun of the event for being crap? Why don't you just not watch it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->