GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 11 • Group B: BLR (2) - RUS (5) F

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Kostin plays twice the minutes of Svechnikov and yet every time he gets a goal (or point) Svechnikov is there.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
I don't understand Bragin at all sometimes. Svechnikov played even less minutes than with Switzeland, yet ended up with bunch of points again. It seems like even McDavid when he was 16-17 years old wouldn't play much at Bragin's team...

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I was watching Svech the whole game and he was making some outstanding seeing eye passes. He is not just a scorer.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
How close is Kostin? That kid just oozes confidence with the puck.

I’m at the game and really watching his skating, he is definitely another level forward wise in this game.

Oh and not for nothing but Ron Hextall is standing five feet from me scouting someone. ;)

Likely watching Rubstov and Sushko....but if you know that he WAS scouting someone specific, could you drop a name???

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Really like Sharangovich, if he was on a good team he would be loading up the points right now. He is so crisp and strong with/on the puck.

Surprised Belarus doesnt load up the PP with Deryabin and Martynov. Bobvel noticeably weaker player foiled the play several times out there. Belarus has 6-7 good players plus Grischenko has been solid, the relegation round will be interesting, might be enough to keep them up.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I honestly don't remember Svechnikov taking control of the game in any of the matches so far. Kostin is the best player for Russia so far imo.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I honestly don't remember Svechnikov taking control of the game in any of the matches so far. Kostin is the best player for Russia so far imo.

Svechnikov plays 9 minutes a game and Kostin only scores with him on the ice.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Kostin has been great, but Svechnikov has definitely made him look better when they are together. With that said, I still expect Svechnikov to turn it up another notch. Even with the limited ice, he's not dominating as much as I was expecting and I have been watching him quite closely.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I don't understand Bragin at all sometimes. Svechnikov played even less minutes than with Switzeland, yet ended up with bunch of points again. It seems like even McDavid when he was 16-17 years old wouldn't play much at Bragin's team...
What does "even McDavid" mean? You are so in awe with your shine overhyped stars. At 16-17 McDavid actually has played in the tournament and wasn't dominant or something as an underager.

As for Bragin's deployment so far it is except for goalies not weird. He has a concept. You think you know better? Get that coaching job. I actually have no idea how to win with this roster, but the meaningful games are still ahead.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
What does "even McDavid" mean? You are so in awe with your shine overhyped stars. At 16-17 McDavid actually has played in the tournament and wasn't dominant or something as an underager.

As for Bragin's deployment so far it is except for goalies not weird. He has a concept. You think you know better? Get that coaching job. I actually have no idea how to win with this roster, but the meaningful games are still ahead.
McDavid was a tournament all-star at 17. He would have been at 16 too, as he had 6 points in 3 pre-tourney games until he fired the puck into the opposition net after the whistle and lost the coach's trust, then didn't get played much once the tourney started. You know... kind of the same problem you're currently talking about with Svechnikov.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Should be a comfortable victory. Losing to Sweden could be more beneficial in order to end up third in the group. To avoid Canada in the semis.

If you beat Sweden by 2+ you win the group unless Sweden can't beat Switzerland in regulation tomorrow which they should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad